Question Eclipse bar replacement?

I don't love the default eclipse bar, or the fact that it is anchored to the player frame. Are there any addons (preferably standalone, not a full unitframe replacement) that simplify things and/or allow for more customization?

In an ideal world, what I'd love, is a simple icon. It's a wrath icon if it's time to cast wrath (either in solar eclipse, or working toward lunar), and a starfire icon when you should cast starfire (vice versa). The icon is bold when you are in eclipse, just like the icon in your command bar. Other than that, the icon fills like a "cooldown pie" letting you know how soon the spell switch (the next eclipse) is coming. When the icon's "cooldown pie" is full, the icon changes, and you've just hit the other eclipse. I'd park that bad boy right below my castbar and be the happiest guy in the world.

Anyway, whatever exists and people recommend, I'd love to take a look at it

Icehud should do the trick for your eclipse bar
    Boomkinator should help with the rotation. Its not one icon but its pretty nice check it out

Mage Nuggets has a super nice Boomkin module with almost exactly what you are asking. A wrath icon for wrath spamming and a starfire icon for starfire spamming, plus three optional timers for your dots. It's a small box you can place anywhere on the screen.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Balance Power Tracker is a nice eclipse bar addon. Works the same as the blizzard bar but also shows the expected power after the current cast so you can switch easily as well as having the option for full screen glow when your close to or activate eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Mage Nuggets has a super nice Boomkin module with almost exactly what you are asking. A wrath icon for wrath spamming and a starfire icon for starfire spamming, plus three optional timers for your dots. It's a small box you can place anywhere on the screen.
    You're right, this is damn close. It does need some polish - there are some bugs and some other easy fixes that should happen. I posted on the addon author's page, we'll see if I get lucky.

Thanks for the responses everyone. The others seem to be variations on the default eclipse bar, so I probably won't go that route, but they're all better than the original. Seriously, what's with this whole bar thing? Why? It's needlessly complicated to track in my peripheral vision during a raid. I'm either in eclipse or not, and I should either be casting starfire or wrath (or starsurge). Give me a dynamic spell priority icon with an eclipse notifier and leave it at that.

Anyway endrant, thanks again

Ohh.. ehh, sorry to hear you're under the impression that it's bugged and unpolished.

I saw the issue you put on the author's page, you just have to go through the options and uncheck a few boxes to your liking.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    Balance Power Tracker is a nice eclipse bar addon. Works the same as the blizzard bar but also shows the expected power after the current cast so you can switch easily as well as having the option for full screen glow when your close to or activate eclipse.
    This is the one I use too, can change the size too.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Ohh.. ehh, sorry to hear you're under the impression that it's bugged and unpolished.

I saw the issue you put on the author's page, you just have to go through the options and uncheck a few boxes to your liking.

Thanks. I'll play with those settings. The overlapping text I mentioned is definitely a bug, and it's odd that all frames aren't movable by default, that's all. Overall it's a solid addon.

edit: yeah, I knew they could be disabled. I'd actually use them if the overlap bug was fixed and the cooldown bar were movable.
    Last edited by lamente; 2011-03-26 at 11:18 PM.