Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    Another problem I've had in using my Felhunter is it spell locks on CD for some reason instead of being something I can pop when I need too, any ideas?
    Is that a serious question? you show ur light of dawn title and heroic maloriak acheivment? i cant take ur question seriously..... but how about....

Umm turn it off auto cast? :S

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 07:58 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    no where close, say what?
    No we are no where close have you actually seen the damage comparison charts common at least make a argument that i can debate?

are we arguing about damage differnece deff cds are we talking about self heals dispells cds or the cds of abblities like psy horror or an interupt that has a 1 min cd and is a blanket 4 sec silence or the fact that they removed mana drain fron the game but that shadpow priests can still stand in the middle of the map and burn your healer ?

I just need to know what we have conflicting views about
    Last edited by Fearzup; 2011-03-29 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearzup View Post
    ---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 07:58 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

No we are no where close have you actually seen the damage comparison charts common at least make a argument that i can debate?

are we arguing about damage differnece deff cds are we talking about self heals dispells cds or the cds of abblities like psy horror or an interupt that has a 1 min cd and is a blanket 4 sec silence or the fact that they removed mana drain fron the game but that shadpow priests can still stand in the middle of the map and burn your healer ?

I just need to know what we have conflicting views about
    well from my experience shadowpriests are barely ahead, and we are getting a huge buff in the next patch aswell (i expect we are going to get toned down really soon after the patch)

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    well from my experience shadowpriests are barely ahead, and we are getting a huge buff in the next patch aswell (i expect we are going to get toned down really soon after the patch)
    as far as do damage we are close but vt can crit for 10k in arena i an full T2 gear and wep and the strongest cor crit which is the most damage 90% of the time in arena is around 6k i love playing my lock but hate the damage and i know we are getting a 5% increase but i mean if you are a healer or dps and a shadow priest sits on you with all dots up flay and blast most healers die if a aff lock is sitting on a healer with all dots up haunt and spam drain life we cant make any real progress thats all i am saying all classes can kil healers atm besides aff the only vwasy possible is fear chain with dots followed by imp cs the dc and maybe but i doubt it i just hate that i fell like in 3s its the warrior or the rogue doing all the damage and all we are there for are the occasional damage and cc i feel like our contribution to the tema at our current state is to do a little damage to everyone and let another toon like warrior dk rogue or shadow priest to get the kill unlike WOTLK where locks could get kills by them selves i mean in current play we can out damage a rogues recoup thats pretty dumb the talent was created to help them heal up when they go defensive and to help the healer not have to always spam heal them and if we cant out dps a 4% heal every 3 secs that means we are only doing like 900-1200 dps where as a rogue or warrior in arena even frost mages can get around 7-10k depending on crits that was all i was saying.

And also do you think a 5% buff will help that much since SS is getting changed to a 15 sec cd i have talked to players that played the new material and they say it is still really hard in arena to put out good damage where they have to switch cc to the lock instead of spam ccing your partner or zerging the healer cause you cant keep up enough pressure to make them have to go defensive like other classes can.

as far as do damage we are close but vt can crit for 10k in arena i an full T2 gear and wep and the strongest cor crit which is the most damage 90% of the time in arena is around 6k i love playing my lock but hate the damage and i know we are getting a 5% increase but i mean if you are a healer or dps and a shadow priest sits on you with all dots up flay and blast most healers die if a aff lock is sitting on a healer with all dots up haunt and spam drain life we cant make any real progress thats all i am saying all classes can kil healers atm besides aff the only vwasy possible is fear chain with dots followed by imp cs the dc and maybe but i doubt it i just hate that i fell like in 3s its the warrior or the rogue doing all the damage and all we are there for are the occasional damage and cc i feel like our contribution to the tema at our current state is to do a little damage to everyone and let another toon like warrior dk rogue or shadow priest to get the kill unlike WOTLK where locks could get kills by them selves i mean in current play we can out damage a rogues recoup thats pretty dumb the talent was created to help them heal up when they go defensive and to help the healer not have to always spam heal them and if we cant out dps a 4% heal every 3 secs that means we are only doing like 900-1200 dps where as a rogue or warrior in arena even frost mages can get around 7-10k depending on crits that was all i was saying.

And also do you think a 5% buff will help that much since SS is getting changed to a 15 sec cd i have talked to players that played the new material and they say it is still really hard in arena to put out good damage where they have to switch cc to the lock instead of spam ccing your partner or zerging the healer cause you cant keep up enough pressure to make them have to go defensive like other classes can.
    whos talking about pvp, lock got the shaft as soon as they changed fel armor

demo might be the only viable spec because the on demand burst and decent cc

15+ Year Old Account
    But.. doesn't drainlife affliction have a huge ramp up time? seeing how you only have haunt (or nightfall procs) stacking up shadowembrace? if you get a bit unlucky with procs it takes a full 24 seconds to get the 3 stacks up. That can't possibly do your dps any good?

Also take into account unexpected movement: shadow embrace falls of --> takes another 24 (or 16 if you get 1 NF proc) seconds to stack up.

tbh regular Sbolt spec with drain life when you need it (nefarian/omnitron/what ever does dmg)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    But.. doesn't drainlife affliction have a huge ramp up time? seeing how you only have haunt (or nightfall procs) stacking up shadowembrace? if you get a bit unlucky with procs it takes a full 24 seconds to get the 3 stacks up. That can't possibly do your dps any good?

Also take into account unexpected movement: shadow embrace falls of --> takes another 24 (or 16 if you get 1 NF proc) seconds to stack up.

tbh regular Sbolt spec with drain life when you need it (nefarian/omnitron/what ever does dmg)
    The initial ramp up time isn't too bad if you cast Shadow Bolt on the countdown, and as for movement you still have a short few second window to haunt before SE will fall off. On high movement fights I find it fairly common to get nightfall procs that I just weave into the middle of a haunt CD to make it so my SE stack has 4-5 more seconds on it then my Haunt duration so its easy to get up. But in all honesty, there isn't a whole lot of times that you should be moving so much that you won't get Haunt off in time. If you find yourself having to move from more then 1-2 GCDs its probably bad positioning on your part.

Deleted
    Marilina
    Can you pls explain why you have so much uptime on volcanic trinket ? (52.3 %) on 7 minute fight ... ( on Valiona and Theralion fight)

Quote Originally Posted by hitme View Post
    Marilina
    Can you pls explain why you have so much uptime on volcanic trinket ? (52.3 %) on 7 minute fight ... ( on Valiona and Theralion fight)
    the person logging was going inside the twilight phase and buffs never drop during the time inside

Yes it does thats one of the points i was trying to make blizzard says it is to hard for mages to get hard casts off so the gave them the FOF proc which makes icelance crit for 20-30k in that respect frost bolt cast time is 1.7 sec shadowbolt with 14% haste is 2.72 try hard casting that on a boss fight and even if you are speced into imp shadowbolt the cast time is still around 2.5 but there is no change where we can cast that on the move like fire can cast scorch.

Yes it does thats one of the points i was trying to make blizzard says it is to hard for mages to get hard casts off so the gave them the FOF proc which makes icelance crit for 20-30k in that respect frost bolt cast time is 1.7 sec shadowbolt with 14% haste is 2.72 try hard casting that on a boss fight and even if you are speced into imp shadowbolt the cast time is still around 2.5 but there is no change where we can cast that on the move like fire can cast scorch.
    we also have alot of dots....

according to sims, the spell you aren't casting while moving (shadowbolt or drain life) is less than 1/4th of your total damage. Corruption and Unstable affliction both out dps either filler....

compare that to a frost mage. if they didn't have ice lance, what exactly would their damage be on the move? umm....the dot from frostfire bolt if they have it? fire blast?

I don't know who does more DPS on the move now, I've seen the warlock sims for movement fights, but haven't seen any mage ones...and haven't had any lvl 85 mage check to see how much DPS they can do while on the move. But I don't really see that it matters. Are locks completely failing on movement fights? no. we do pretty well (unless you are demo, in which case I feel sorry for you).

About SE, I totally agree....I like the drain life play style, but hate it when I lose SE stacks because i have to move out of the way of some void zone or whatever...very very annoying, especially when it happens when the boss is at like 26% and we're about to use hero/lust/warp/whatever.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think the best part about this is that its viable to use drain life when you take some damage to heal up and help out your healer, then return back shadow bolts. i switch to drain life for a filler when im low on health.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    we also have alot of dots....

according to sims, the spell you aren't casting while moving (shadowbolt or drain life) is less than 1/4th of your total damage. Corruption and Unstable affliction both out dps either filler....

compare that to a frost mage. if they didn't have ice lance, what exactly would their damage be on the move? umm....the dot from frostfire bolt if they have it? fire blast?

About SE, I totally agree....I like the drain life play style, but hate it when I lose SE stacks because i have to move out of the way of some void zone or whatever...very very annoying, especially when it happens when the boss is at like 26% and we're about to use hero/lust/warp/whatever.
    I don't know who does more DPS on the move now, I've seen the warlock sims for movement fights, but haven't seen any mage ones...and haven't had any lvl 85 mage check to see how much DPS they can do while on the move. But I don't really see that it matters. Are locks completely failing on movement fights? no. we do pretty well (unless you are demo, in which case I feel sorry for you).
    i understand that but if 85 is anything like 80 shadow bolt was always my top damage unless my haste was highenough for extra corruption ticks then corruption would win bos fights for the most part for caters are face rool but on the ones we have to move on when you have 3 stacks of SH and you have to move there should atleast be a cd for intsta shadow bolt like there is insta soulfire so we could keep it up while on the move what do you think i think that would be a viable option adding shadow bolt to soulburn and making an instant cast ?

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 08:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    i think the best part about this is that its viable to use drain life when you take some damage to heal up and help out your healer, then return back shadow bolts. i switch to drain life for a filler when im low on health.

Yes it is nice but they have nefed the ammount of life returned and i cant remeber how long ago it was but i posted a damage comparison in between keeping dots up and life drain vs shadowbolt spam and the damage was crazy difference it was like a 35% damage loss using life drain over shadowbolt spam.

Wrong. First, it would be a ~17.5 second build up (haste depending) since there isn't a cd on the first haunt you cast. Second, the odds of getting a nightfall proc from DL/corruption are increased, you'll get a lot of sustenance of the debuff from nightfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

i understand that but if 85 is anything like 80 shadow bolt was always my top damage unless my haste was highenough for extra corruption ticks then corruption would win bos fights for the most part for caters are face rool but on the ones we have to move on when you have 3 stacks of SH and you have to move there should atleast be a cd for intsta shadow bolt like there is insta soulfire so we could keep it up while on the move what do you think i think that would be a viable option adding shadow bolt to soulburn and making an instant cast ?
    well...it isn't like it was at 80. as I said, Corruption and UA both out dps shadowbolt or DL

and instant cast Shadowbolt from soulburn? that'd be nice...be nice to have something to use soul shards on as affliction other than 3 soul fires that do jack crap damage