Deleted

Jewelcrafting Gems

Hello guys!

So im gearing up my Warrior (Protection), and I have a quick question.

Since I am a high level jewelcrafter, I can use the Jewelcrafting only gems, but the problem is, should i use these as 69 Mastery, or 101 Stamina?

I am right now using the Mastery gems, is this right?

Cheers!
    Last edited by mmocb2202c9d25; 2011-03-26 at 05:37 PM.

Pretty sure Mastery > Stamina.

You Sir, are correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    You wanna be using the 67 Mastery gems.
    Stam stacking tanks make me lol.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Stack that mastery brainlessly like how tanks stacked stam in wotlk. You want it. Badly.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know those warrior that are still in blue gear, and have 200k HP? They may as well be wearing cloth, I play warrior and a Holy paladin (alt). Please, don't ever stack stam gems.

Deleted
    Did I go to bed and wake up in a world where proper tanks are content with only one way of gearing?

Strange.

Mastery is superior for your general setup but there's a fair few encounters during which the staminagems are superior, but it depends on what you plan on tanking.

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    Stack that mastery brainlessly like how tanks stacked stam in wotlk. You want it. Badly.
    Nay. Stamina is still the main stat that makes you capable of surviving whatever the boss throws at you, but yea you want far more balanced stats now and the go to stat is mastery.

Stop hatin' on stamina

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Did I go to bed and wake up in a world where proper tanks are content with only one way of gearing?

Strange.

Mastery is superior for your general setup but there's a fair few encounters during which the staminagems are superior, but it depends on what you plan on tanking.

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 01:04 PM ----------

Nay. Stamina is still the main stat that makes you capable of surviving whatever the boss throws at you, but yea you want far more balanced stats now and the go to stat is mastery.

Stop hatin' on stamina
    The only boss I've encountered thus far (4/13 hm) that even hits remotely hard is heroic chimeron, and thats a gimmick fight. Anything other boss seems to need at least 5 solid hits before killing me, and I stack mastery brainlessly. imo, thats more than enough health for healers to react.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    The only boss I've encountered thus far (4/13 hm) that even hits remotely hard is heroic chimeron, and thats a gimmick fight. Anything other boss seems to need at least 5 solid hits before killing me, and I stack mastery brainlessly. imo, thats more than enough health for healers to react.
    Stacking anything brainlessly is stupid and as a tank you're gimping yourself by doing so, but go ahead and keep at it.

Does it matter if Chimaeron is a gimmick fight? I don't think it does, besides that stamina is heavily favored on Cho'gall heroic and Sinestra aswell.

Anyhoo, my point wasn't that stacking mastery is bad, it's good and I got Fractured JC gems myself, but saying that it's beating stamina is flawed as you need to be flexible as a tank and go for whatever the encounter demands of you.

Deleted
    Aye, pretty much what the guy above said. It isn't that we hate stamina, just the fact that we can do without it.

Do people ignore socket bonuses for stamina and gem pure mastery? I've been considering doing this for awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmwinds View Post
    Do people ignore socket bonuses for stamina and gem pure mastery? I've been considering doing this for awhile.
    As long as I stay within acceptable limits of HP, I do. The only socket bonuses that I taken are for avoidance and mastery. Remember that gearing a tank is a matter of balance. DPS can follow strict stat weights to prioritize their gear, but we can't. So like people have said, stamina is not to be neglected. But once you have enough of it, you can pretty much ignore it.