Poll: Should hunters turn off charge/growl in heroics?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihnt View Post
    Charge does increase DPS.
    The sooner the pet can get to the mob, the sooner it can start doing damage.
    It also increases the damage of the next ability.

Yeah, Hunters turning off charge is as likely as telling Warriors to just run up and smack something instead of using charge.

Growl = Off

Charge = On, it boosts your next hit and lets your pet get to the mobs faster, which means it gets more damage in. At the same time, though, the hunter needs to be not braindead and wait for the mobs to be in position before sending the pet in, just like anyone else should have enough brain power to wait until the tank has them positioned and has aggro before they start beating on things. This is probably the biggest issue that OP is having; Hunters with itchy trigger fingers.

On a side note we got into Grim Batol once and had to kick 3 DPS warriors in a row for this same thing; they'd charge in and start AoEing as soon as the tank pulled, die because they had aggro on the CC they broke and sometimes whatever they charged, and then beg for bres. rofl
    Last edited by Kokiron; 2011-03-29 at 09:30 PM.

charge no
    growl yes

First off, the Hunter should turn off Growl. Period. No argument there.

The second issue, however, is why are you skull-marking a caster? You're trying to bring it into melee, at which point it's susceptible to AOE, etc. In other words, you're CCing it. Give it a CC icon. I would think that a caster that isn't at ranged would not be the priority target for the group to down. Skull mark the first mob you're going to bring down in the melee group and none of this is an issue.

The third issue is again the Hunter's, though. He probably has the pet on defensive. As a result, even though he's (hopefully) misdirecting to you, the pet is going to gather his own threat. Instructing the Hunter in LFD to go passive/attack with pets isn't recommended, however, but I'm including this as an FYI.

Charge is not an issue.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a DK tank and I always run heroics w/ my fiance who is a hunter. I routinely let his pet tank stuff just for the hell of it bc I'm sort of undergeared and we sit right next to each other so we can communicate about who's tanking what and, ok I'm coming to get that mob off your pet now, etc. However, I totally sympathize with the OP because, well idk about other classes, but silence on a dk is on a 1 min cd as well as death grip on 35 sec cd. If something happens to prevent the mob from getting to you like it should have tanks are sort of screwed if they cc'd.

I will admit though, the worst is when it's not even a pet doing the charge/stun mobs before they get to my death and decay/melee range, it's when players do it like noob ass warriors... I didn't think I'd ever have to tell someone, um, hey, maybe wait till the mobs at least get to my death and decay if not even me before you start attacking?