Thread: Rate my build

Rate my build

Budget of around £700-£900.

My friend built this and wondering if it's worth the buy, thanks for any help I know it's not top end but I don't think it's worth spending mega money on small "milestones"

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/265...2011174450.png

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks good. I'd probably try to get a larger SSD if your budget allows. A 64GB with Win7, WoW, and other essentials will fill up pretty quick.

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hes got a 1tb actual hd i but if you wanted to put something other than wow on the ssd instead of the other one ide go bigger. could prolly downscale the 1tb hd if cost was an issue ive got 2x360gb in a raid 0 set up and no where near filling that up.

Gamers never Die

Deleted
    double your RAM, it's not that expensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    double your RAM, it's not that expensive
    Wait what? Why would he need double the ram for a mediocre computer? Shoo, troll. Go on, get.

Anywhoo, that build is currently the best "bang for your buck", You've got the i5 2500k and the MSI Twin Frozr 560. That's a damn good computer too. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Wait what? Why would he need double the ram for a mediocre computer? Shoo, troll. Go on, get.

Anywhoo, that build is currently the best "bang for your buck", You've got the i5 2500k and the MSI Twin Frozr 560. That's a damn good computer too. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had money.
    The logic is since its pretty cheap, you might as well. But since most people will probably cap out at 8GB, its ok to go 2x2 + 2x2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    The logic is since its pretty cheap, you might as well. But since most people will probably cap out at 8GB, its ok to go 2x2 + 2x2
    There's other places to spend the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    There's other places to spend the money.
    I fully agree. I'm not often restricted by budgets so I tend to not skimp.