10+ Year Old Account

Where do you put your Gaming Rig?

So now that my first build is just about done, I am not going to place it back under my desk because I am concerned of the heat issues. I have an L Shaped Glass Corner Desk, so putting my PC on my desk is not an option seeing how heavy it is. As I was pondering my options, I decided to see where others are placing their Gaming Rigs. Mine is most likely going back on the floor, but not under my desk. In a more open spaced area.

Picture of the Area of Possibilities.

Do not mind the wires or the mess. I completely moved everything around to see what my options were :P

And this is where I think is my best bet. Not only is it open, but it allows easy access for me. I plan to move the Power Surge away from my PC and under my desk. I am going to look around and see what I could find to lift my PC off the floor.

So, opinions? Suggestions? Where do you keep your Gaming Rig?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My computer is up on my table, forever it will attract far less dust and dog hair.

Oh and before you ask, I am playing on a rather large dining room table, so yeah I can afford to a lot that space for it. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My computer is up on my table, forever it will attract far less dust and dog hair.

Oh and before you ask, I am playing on a rather large dining room table, so yeah I can afford to a lot that space for it. :P
    Yeah, I have seen a lot of rigs sitting on those really big wooden desks, but that is not my style. Besides, that would never fit in my "game room" lol

I have a haf x case on top of my desk, with a 32 in tv as a monitor. Needless to say, I don't have much room for anything but my keyboard mouse and headset on my desk, but it keeps me from eating at it because I have no place to put the plate/bowl when I am done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    I have a haf x case on top of my desk, with a 32 in tv as a monitor. Needless to say, I don't have much room for anything but my keyboard mouse and headset on my desk, but it keeps me from eating at it because I have no place to put the plate/bowl when I am done.
    Haha! Good way to stop the bad habits I guess! I do not eat at my desk though, I do not want crumbs and stuff in my keyboard! Or even spilling some water on it!

Deleted
    Placement of your pc really should depend on the heat source in that room. Ground? Wall? If it's a radiator on a wall somewhere then you should be fine keeping it on the floor, heat rises so the lower the better.

Mine's on the desk :

My pc is the one with the awesome headset, keyboard and now (old photo) also awesome 2 x 21.5" (1920*1080) monitors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Placement of your pc really should depend on the heat source in that room. Ground? Wall? If it's a radiator on a wall somewhere then you should be fine keeping it on the floor, heat rises so the lower the better.

Mine's on the desk :

My pc is the one with the awesome headset, keyboard and now (old photo) also awesome 2 x 21.5" (1920*1080) monitors
    Not sure what you mean by a radiator on a wall lol. But, from the bits and pieces I have read, it was always said to have your Gaming Rig off the ground.

[QUOTE=Vanthem;10887472]So now that my first build is just about done, I am not going to place it back under my desk because I am concerned of the heat issues. I have an L Shaped Glass Corner Desk, so putting my PC on my desk is not an option seeing how heavy it is. As I was pondering my options, I decided to see where others are placing their Gaming Rigs. Mine is most likely going back on the floor, but not under my desk. In a more open spaced area.

You want that off the ground, because I think the PSU is on the bottom of that case and maybe drawing air from the ground to cool it. Plus usually the air flow map is IN from the bottom front out through the Top. Just place it on a stand, and get a air can and clean the dust off all the fans every couple weeks, and open it and air can the inside fans, CPU fan Vid Card fan like every couple of months, clean out the dust, let it breath and your fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    So now that my first build is just about done, I am not going to place it back under my desk because I am concerned of the heat issues.
    Don't worry about it. My PC is basically a closed box with very little ventilation holes. The only fans are the CPU and GPU stock coolers and the PSU fan. No additional fans like in your PC. The closed box is sitting under my desk, with 4 walls left, right, below, above and 2.5cm (1in) between the PC and the walls.

I've had no heat issues so far. Your conditions are many times better than mine, seriously don't worry about the heat issues and put it under your desk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have mine on a little 3 drawer file cabinet which is just about the same height as my desk :P. I have a rather small desk so having it on here with my 24 in monitor would be too crowded, but having it on the cabinet works fine. Any stand that keeps it off the ground would probably be ideal for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=nogard64;10887555]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    So now that my first build is just about done, I am not going to place it back under my desk because I am concerned of the heat issues. I have an L Shaped Glass Corner Desk, so putting my PC on my desk is not an option seeing how heavy it is. As I was pondering my options, I decided to see where others are placing their Gaming Rigs. Mine is most likely going back on the floor, but not under my desk. In a more open spaced area.

You want that off the ground, because I think the PSU is on the bottom of that case and maybe drawing air from the ground to cool it. Plus usually the air flow map is IN from the bottom front out through the Top. Just place it on a stand, and get a air can and clean the dust off all the fans every couple weeks, and open it and air can the inside fans, CPU fan Vid Card fan like every couple of months, clean out the dust, let it breath and your fine.
    Everything gets cleaned once a month. Ever since I got my case/video card, it has been like that. You are correct though, my PSU in this case is bottom placed, not top.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    I have mine on a little 3 drawer file cabinet which is just about the same height as my desk :P. I have a rather small desk so having it on here with my 24 in monitor would be too crowded, but having it on the cabinet works fine. Any stand that keeps it off the ground would probably be ideal for you.
    I figured as much with my limited amount of space. I will have to look around in my local stores for like a small 3 drawer black cabinet or something. I would like to be able to drill in a hole through whatever I get, so I can flip my PSU so the air is able to be drawn from outside.