Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Angry Gross violation of the first amendment by delaware dept of transportation

this video actually pissed me off a bit. i cant imagine what the people whose hoops it was feel.

Deleted
    You can't imagine what they feel? I'd imagine they feel a tad miffed.

Haha, oh wow i cant believe she lied to him while it was being recorded.
    Are the hoops actually on peoples property? because i thought you needed a fair amount of people to sign a petition or whatever to get them removed etc if that was the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how it works in the US, but in Canada, theres a few feet away from the road that does'nt belong to you, but to the city, so you cant plant a pole like that near a street! But still its bullshit, and she lied the to guy to get what she wanted, and she can't do that! and its on tape she's in trouble if he sues !

10+ Year Old Account
    America, land of the free. Do they still keep saying that to you people over there?
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    WOW... It's been awhile since I've seen something on the interwebz that actually made me angry.

The way that woman speaks to the old guy made me wanna break some noses. That girl is a nasty piece of work, way to be a big nobody in the middle of fucking nowhere and act like you're a Special Agent.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Wow fuck that. I hope this doesn't end here, although it probably will. Wish someone there would actually fight against that. What's the reason for removing the poles?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post
    I dont know how it works in the US, but in Canada, theres a few feet away from the road that does'nt belong to you, but to the city, so you cant plant a pole like that near a street! But still its bullshit, and she lied the to guy to get what she wanted, and she can't do that! and its on tape she's in trouble if he sues !
    I'm pretty sure its the same way here, but most places don't care if you put a pole or something up as long its in some suburb area where it isn't messing with people driving.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

15+ Year Old Account
    She must really enjoy her job.
    The government (local government in this case) does things like this and then wonders why we all think they are a bunch of self-serving, lying, corrupt megalomaniacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortcircut View Post
    I'm pretty sure its the same way here, but most places don't care if you put a pole or something up as long its in some suburb area where it isn't messing with people driving.
    The neighbors or the area might not care, but if its put up on public property - which at least that one in the video was - then it could be removed. That woman was kind of a bitch but at the same time, that's probably the 100th person giving her shit about it when they are in fact in the wrong. If they'd put it up on their property they wouldn't have this problem.

removing the poles and taking them away IS illegal. to be allowed to do this takes a city council ruling. MAJOR LAWSUIT INC!!!

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    The neighbors or the area might not care, but if its put up on public property - which at least that one in the video was - then it could be removed. That woman was kind of a bitch but at the same time, that's probably the 100th person giving her shit about it when they are in fact in the wrong. If they'd put it up on their property they wouldn't have this problem.
    the pole was 60 years old.

Did you watch the video? It was some random asshole who complained to the city, and the poles had been there for 60 years. Why is it a problem?

Well yeah that's what I meant. The city could remove it but I've never seen a city do so unless it was causing a real problem.
    i5 2500k, GTX 660Ti , Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, 8GB RAM

Melting them down into missiles?

Well I can tell that Vantheus is a moron. Hes probally the dick the complained in the first place. The only trashy thing I see is the federal government lets people like vantheus reproduce to further lower the property value of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Good it should have been removed, private property ends at the sidewalk so that was city property. No rights violated just idiots who think they know the law qq'ing. It's trashy to have those hoops out and in most places not even allowed on private property in front of house b/c it lowers property value. Trashy people always support trash and quote rights that dont exist
    Hoops aren't trashy, as long as they are kept in good condition and looking pretty, which all those hoops were. Basketball hoops add a spirit to a neighbourhood, a welcoming atmosphere before you even meet anyone because you know that it's a safe place for kids, and it's a safe place for your family. It's a SUBURBAN NEIGHBOURHOOD, not the Royale Palace. It is not trashy.

Deleted
    I think its silly that all the poles are removed just because there was one person who was butthurt, you can easily head-nod say that its property of the city and therefor they have the right to remove them at all times but in the end it doesn't justify the actions that took place. This isn't how a democracy works if the USA is really the land of the free they should have consulted this matter with all the people who had a pole and the person who was against having poles in the neighborhood, if the majority was for removing it the poles the dept of transportation had the right to remove them but in this case there was no majority at all just one person was bothered by the poles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to do with this thread, But I remember when recycling first started here in Montreal, The city had employees going threw peoples garbage, and if these employees found recycling good thrown in the trash they would give you an infraction ticket This just shows you how far a city can go to force you to do something !

removing the pole was not a crime being that it was on the curb. however taking the pole away IS a crime, its theft by taking also deldot was ignoring a state rep who was demanding to know why 1 persons complaint justified pulling the poles.

Usually I'll sit back and just think great, another person thinking this is America so I deserve what I have and you can't take it away because somewhere it says in some constiution/amendmant that I have the right when I actually have no idea what it pertains to. But I really think it was messed up when the lady said we'll leave it in the driveway if you'd like then changes it and says no you have to come pick it up.