Page 1 of 3
LastLast

witch one is harder? 10 man or 25 man?

simple as that!

plz, im rly curious.

if witch one is harder then witch two must be soft , amirite.

10 man is harder... reason:
    1 people dies = 10% of raid i dead. On 25-man it's only 4%
    On 25-man, you have ALL buffs! 10% SP, 10% AP, kings, might, stamina, shadow resist, probably several auras and totems etcetcetc

Yes, witch one is the harder witch.

25 man has bonuses because you have a greater variety of tools available. This has made the HMs easier.

10 man is being nerfed in 4.1, so it might be able to catch up with 25 man on the HM front.

If you're just starting out, it purely depends on the people you have available. If you only have 10-15 good people available then 10man is for you. If you have 25-30, then go 25 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the general consensus is that 10 mans are harder than 25's. Primarily because of the class constraints (i.e. if you weren't runnin a rainbow group, or a group that consisted of all 10 classes, then you're probably gonna get gimped somewhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    10 man is harder... reason:
    1 people dies = 10% of raid i dead. On 25-man it's only 4%
    Yes, on 10 man when one man dies on a progress boss, you normally have to call a wipe. But that person shouldn't be dying. And at the end of the day, everyone feels more vital in a 10 man team.

Ty Shazzia, i created this topic because yesterday i was chating with a friend and he keep saying that 25 man is harder, because paragon is doing that and blablabla stuff like that.

and i was like "no dude, 10 man is harder"

ty!

Deleted
    It varies depending on the encounter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the fight, but in general 10 mans.

If a fight requires more from people(Wierd way of saying it...but like 3 tanks on Halfus or Chim) 25 will be easier. By far.(More people, thus bringing a third tank isn't a big deal)

If it requires staying spread, 10 man will be easier.(More room)

In 10 there is much more responsibility on each person, so on most fights 10 is harder(Exceptions are like the Blind Dragon and Al'akir)

Also most dps 'races' are easier in 25 than 10.

**I believe one of the top guilds also said 10 was harder...but I'm super tired and not willing to look it up, so don't take this line as truth.**

Also, it's which.
    Last edited by seam; 2011-03-29 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Ding dong, the witch is dead.

10 chars, 10-man.

H10m > H25m > 25m > 10m
    imo

Deleted
    Well it's not only that and it's not that simple either. there are bosses harder on 25, such as Al'akir's P1. But generally 25 si much more forgiving, in 10man progress 1 dead is basically a wipe, no matter if it is a healer or dps. 1 bres only.
    What I see biggest issue in 10man is the boss mechanics. 10man Nefarian means you NEED 3 hit capped ppl being able to interrupt every 10s+. Which is absurd. On most fights there simply need to be some good AOE class to burn adds. So you need to make a apropriate raid composition. In 25 you got plenyt of both. Another thing - HC Halfus, 1 DPS goes tank. For a progress I can tell you that -1 dps is a significant change in 10man. Again, Halfus 25HC? Naaaaah, lets 4-tank it, shall we?

Honestly, after seeing 10man HC progress, Blizzard's "Bring the player, not the class" sounds like a joke.

25 man is easier without a doubt, apart from you have all possible buffs , way more combat resses , also Heroic encounters are way easier - Wich is proven by progress

from what I understand,

In normal raids: 10 man is easier, except for a few exceptions
    In heroic raids: 25 man is easier, except for 1 or two exceptions. and it isn't spacing, it's basically in 10 man you'd need the perfect raid comp (which is different for each fight), and like heroic halfus where in 25 man you can have 4 or 5 tanks, where as in 10 man, you still kinda need that many tanks, but can't really do it. Or fights like sinestra and...wreck? it's a debuf that jumps to 2 people each time it's dispelled, but it jumps to 2 people in both 10 and 25 man, so after a few dispells in 10 man, you've got every raid member with the debuff, where as after the same number of dispells in 25 man, only 2/5ths of the raid has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    After doing both...I find 25man harder, thats why my guild does them, the challage is a god send in this this game now

And please dont talk about the 10% > 4% thing, that only shows that you can do maths, anyone that has done "all" the content in both 10 and 25man will agree with me in saying any player loss is a bugger

bosses like cho'gall and nefarian in 10 man mode need ALL TEN MAN ALIVE or you can just wipe it already, and restart.

that was my main argument

well, enough said! ty all :}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    After doing both...I find 25man harder, thats why my guild does them, the challage is a god send in this this game now

And please dont talk about the 10% > 4% thing, that only shows that you can do maths, anyone that has done "all" the content in both 10 and 25man will agree with me in saying any player loss is a bugger
    Lower player restraints, less DPS reqs, more possible tanks.

Those are the main reason why 25s are easier. Maybe in normals it's harder, but sure as hell not in heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post

Troll detected. Chill bro! Are you mad ?

omg... not again this stupid "I'm so pwns0r 25 player and 10 man players suck cuz it's all that easy on 10 man" thread.

They're different some are harder on 10 man some are harder on 25 man. I can't stand it anymore.

Deleted
    its harder to do 25 mans, since you have to get 25 good people who know what to do and dont fail,
    Its easier to get 10 good people than 25 good people.
    so imo 25 mans are harder.