prospecting not giving the same results as before?

So i used to prospect elementium and get usually 5 or 6 gems. At least 1 prospect holding 2 or more gems. (About a month ago)

Lately i've noticed its VERY rare for me to get more than a single green.

Was there a change i'm unaware of?

Not that I've heard of. Probably just unlucky.
    I just prospected 350 stacks of elementium ore and got on average at least one extra gem out of the normal 4 green ones, either a blue gem or an extra green one.
    Obsidium ores is way better to prospect if you want the green gems by the way.

I also doubt they would change the proc rate down, before releasing epic gems in a future update. Although having said that, the value of gems due to the reasonably high proc rate seems to have flooded the market somewhat, so it may have been nerfed down to try and increase the value of gems.
    For a searchable Wow Gem database goto www.wowjeweller.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia Deep breaths more often since the latest patch!
    (old joke I know but yeah...)

i will say i have noticed a decrease in the gems i get prospecting but i always figured it was bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by emmac727 View Post
    i will say i have noticed a decrease in the gems i get prospecting but i always figured it was bad luck
    Variance is the mother of all bitch's
    For a searchable Wow Gem database goto www.wowjeweller.com

Noticed same thing from few days ago - 60 stacks of obisdium - 240 prospects - 6 blue gems. Used to get at least 20 blue gems before on same amount of ore. Didnt try elementium tho

Quote Originally Posted by purplor View Post
    Variance is the mother of all bitch's
    This. Unless you have a serious sample count (1k+ stacks of ore) and see some serious deviation from current wowhead prospecting %, only then you can start to get concerned.

Deleted
    Seems to be fine for me.

I haven't seen a difference. I actually wish they would nerf it a little though, I end up with a ton of gems that aren't worth anything and just end up crafting then disenchanting for the dust.

I hope if they bring back epic gems they will need to be created from a daily xmuted uncut. The oversupply of gems in Cata is causing the whole market to crash. Many of the blue gems on my server are selling for just over vendor selling price now, and there are pages of each. Even the shadowspirits are consistently below 100g.