Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    Well then, here's your personally tailored quote since somehow not responding directly to you is obviously derailing a thread.

If they didn't ask you to, that's their bad. However, it's likely they've done a lot of runs where spriests are in charge of dispels, because then the run is smoother. I've always dispelled the debuff every time I've run Argaloth just because I can and I don't want to rely on any PUG healers I don't know. If it's a guild run, I do it for practice for other fights like Cho'Gall and AC. Until 4.1, there's no reason for the spriest not to dispel. It's easy, they lose very little dps over it, and it lets the healers focus on other things.

However, with that in mind, yes, a group should let an spriest know that they should dispel, especially in a pug group; not all groups work the same way, and they may have a healer who's used to doing dispels on it anyway and will get annoyed at wasting the mana for the cast when you already dispelled it. On the other hand, you can also ASK since it's fully in your capability to dispel. Any person in a raid trying to blame a misunderstanding on one person is an idiot; anyone could have asked to make sure it was clear who was dispelling, and it's both the healer and the spriest's fault if no one did it because neither one of them brought it up. Just clear it up before raid starts, whichever way you decide to handle it (either volunteering, saying you'd rather not, or refusing and leaving if they want you to anyway) so you don't wipe over it.
    It was a 100% pug. I think two people were from the same guild and those werent the flamers. I wasnt aware someone should want a shadowpriest to dispel on that specific encounter. Why? Because i healed this fight (like already said) many times and never had any issues with it, not even in the first week when i was wearing greens. Thats why i didnt ask them. A shadow priests task in a raid is to do damage. Sure he is able to help out with dispelling and if needed he has to do that. Lets get back to the fight im talking about. The debuffs were dispelled no one died. I was 2nd in dps and since my gear isnt that great i was happy about that. Than someone linked the dispels and the flaming started. I left group and was flamed in tells and ignored afterwards by two people.
    I thought to me ... ok they are idiots because they are behaving like idiots but perhaps they have a point and its normal to assume a shadow priest would dispel the debuffs on that specific encounter. Thats why i started the thread to know if i was wrong to assume my job is to dps when no one asks me to dispel there.

Why i found your posts off topic is because no one was "QQ"ing. People were arguing if dispelling is a good thing when you are not assigned to it and other raid encounters have little to do with it. I thought your post was directed at the first post in the thread since you didnt quote someone ... sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    Healers job to dispel, not a DPS' job. If they had asked you at the start then sure, but not saying anything and then flaming you at the end is just stupid.
    +1

I'm assuming this was a PUG and not a guild run? I've pugged this fight only a few times, but I have never asked a DPS to do my job for me.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    It was a 100% pug. I think two people were from the same guild and those werent the flamers. I wasnt aware someone should want a shadowpriest to dispel on that specific encounter. Why? Because i healed this fight (like already said) many times and never had any issues with it, not even in the first week when i was wearing greens. Thats why i didnt ask them. A shadow priests task in a raid is to do damage. Sure he is able to help out with dispelling and if needed he has to do that. Lets get back to the fight im talking about. The debuffs were dispelled no one died. I was 2nd in dps and since my gear isnt that great i was happy about that. Than someone linked the dispels and the flaming started. I left group and was flamed in tells and ignored afterwards by two people.
    I thought to me ... ok they are idiots because they are behaving like idiots but perhaps they have a point and its normal to assume a shadow priest would dispel the debuffs on that specific encounter. Thats why i started the thread to know if i was wrong to assume my job is to dps when no one asks me to dispel there.
    That general situation (PUG groups blaming one person a misunderstanding that was never even brought up to begin with) happens a lot, and it sucks. They shouldn't have flamed anyone for it, particularly since it's a mechanic only dispellers pay attention to. My guess would be (from what you've said) is that whoever started flaming you was trying to avoid getting blame for something or to make sure the master looter didn't want to give you gear. It happened plenty of times in VoA and I don't expect it to be any different for BH. In PUGs, you're there for yourself only, and anyone with your armor class is going to do whatever they like to make sure they get your gear.

That said, it's unlikely to happen again. Once 4.1 hits, healers are going to have to pick it up anyway or start trying to pin it on Ret/Prot pallies (LOLmanapool). I'd like to see that happen actually, it'd make for some hilarious posts on the Pally forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    That said, it's unlikely to happen again. Once 4.1 hits, healers are going to have to pick it up anyway or start trying to pin it on Ret/Prot pallies (LOLmanapool). I'd like to see that happen actually, it'd make for some hilarious posts on the Pally forums.
    I will simply start to dispel on argaloth as shadow when im in a pug in the future but i assume to be flamed because of dps than . Cant please everyone i think. Ret/Prot pals cant dispel magic at all so i dont think anyone will pin it onto them even after the 4.1 priest dispel nerf. But mass dispel will still be there.

My mistake. Someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that all healing classes now had a magic dispel, so I went off of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    IMO if a healer is so undergeared that he/she doesn't have the manapool for dispels, then they shouldn't be in there.

I have never dispelled on Argaloth and I would laugh at anyone who expected me to.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I think the one time I've actually dispelled on Argaloth was the night after Cata released and we did 10 man. Granted our healers had about 70k mana so they couldn't really waste mana dispelling, but other than that it is always a healer job. It's very easy for a disc/holy priest since the groups are stacked to just throw 1 Mass Dispel on a group and be done with it.

But if your 10m or somehow 25 has you as the only priest, I would expect to be doing dispelling.