Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Danm dk nerf :/

A few days ago we got OB nerf with 30% or something and now FS with 23% too ? I don't play frost myself but unholy, to me it seems stupid to nerf any dk spec more on single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailen View Post
    Danm dk nerf :/

A few days ago we got OB nerf with 30% or something and now FS with 23% too ? I don't play frost myself but unholy, to me it seems stupid to nerf any dk spec more on single target.
    First, who the fuck cares about base additional damage? And second, these are mostly tooltip fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post
    Fucking seriously? Savage defense change. Umm OP? I wonder if it scales with Vengeance.
    I'm going to be nice here because I assume you don't understand where bears are on live presently...

Savage Defense has always procced a shield that is based on Attack power, however it has been a pseudo shield/absorb that was used on the next hit, whether that hit was for 5 times your total HP or for 1 HP, your shield was gone. What this meant is that bears are weaker against multiple mobs than block tanks and subsequently take much more damage in that type of situation (maloriak adds, for example)

The only change to SD at this point is that the shield is no longer used up on the next hit, but is an actual absorb that lasts for 10 seconds or 35% of your attack power (and yes, it is totally affected by vengeance) whichever happens first. Just to point it out, block tanks will still block more damage than what a bear can absorb on really hard hitting bosses, and for single target nothing is changing. This really just means that as a bear I don't feel like I'm potentially gimping my raid if I'm tanking multiple adds (combine this with the awesome aoe buff we're getting and we might be able to hold aoe against a damn paladin...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    A) Are you accounting for the mana reducing aspect of Cleansing Waters?
    B) Your dispell removes a Magic and a Curse where as a priest's removes two magic (which is useless on Argaloth) and would have to use another GCD to cast Cure Disease.
    C) They should change the glyph so it only heals if it removes a magic effect. Only reason it heals for more is because it's percentage based which means, in your logs depending on how you sorted it, it will heal for a lot more on tanks than anything.
    D) Looking at the math, the average player in PvP will have 120k hp and roughly the same in PvE which would cause the priest's dispel to heal for 3600 (3% of 120k). If it's effect by healing talents and such it could heal for more.
    E) Shaman's cleanse cost is going to be roughly 1312 with talents while a priest's dispel magic is going to be roughly 3200. There's your reduced cost of the spell.
    A) No I was not, and I was also not taking into account Mental Agility. Taking those into account the dispel cost for a Shaman fully talented is ~7% base mana. Using the listed base mana of 23430 for a shaman, this means the spell will cost about 1.7k. For priests it is ~14%. Using the a priest base mana of 20590, Dispel Magic should cost ~3k mana.

B) Yes, and in PVP it is much more likely to have several magic affects on a player. Hence removing two magic debuffs is very powerful. Noting that Argoloth only puts one magic debuff on a player is pointless. The PVE fights that put more than one debuff on a player without that person making several mistakes is rare.

C) I would agree to this change and say no more if it happened. I would still urge for a similar cool-down on the heal though.

D) Glyph of Dispel Magic is affected by healing talents. I am not sure if it is also affected by gear or not. Cleansing Waters is affected by both for sure. I assure you the numbers I gave earlier regarding the amount healed is largely correct for most fights.

E) I concede that Cleanse does cost less. See response A. I think you over-inflated the priest's cost and under-inflated the shaman's cost to a degree though.

The truth is the priest's Dispel Magic healing will surpass the healing from a shaman's Cleansing Waters by nearly doubling it after this patch is put in place. The shaman's Cleanse may only cost 2/3 the amount the priest's Dispel Magic costs, but it also takes the Shaman 2 talent points to get to that point. If you think that there are not other places those points could be spent elsewhere with this change, you are mistaken.

My original point is and still remains, that if a shaman locking down a warlock or some other classes is a problem through its dispel mechanics, then priests should change as well as they can do the same thing minus decursing.

Why nerf everything?!?! Why not just make other classes more equal?!?!

The QQ in the WoW community is ridiculous right now. Blizzard is fixing issues and listening to players right now more then ever. Seriously, all I see while reading comments is clueless and mindless crying.

On the shaman dispell nerf, it's a needed change that will lead to a more enjoyable game for everyone.