Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Not enough Twilight Jasmine?

Would anyone else agree with me that the respawn rate for Twilight Jasmine is FAR TOO SLOW, and in short supply? Three days on the trot now I've circled Twilight Highlands and found only Cinderbloom, and that is with only a few people questing/farming there themselves. When I look at Jasmine in comparison to every other herb, it's not good enough. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this, and that Blizzard will do something about it...

I definately agree, I know on launch it was everywhere and it needed a nerf but now it is nowhere.

From one extreme to another what blizzard does best

When i farm flasks for my guild, i noticed the same thing. While other herbs are pretty muych easy to find (little zones or huge zone with many spawns) jasmine is pretty hard to find, especially since we have a huge open area and need to cross it multiple times for optimal farming.

Also, the phasing bug is still present, and i found multiple nodes that disappear when i approach them, reducing again the respawn.

I can farm in any case, but it takes a lot more time compared to other herbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Also, the phasing bug is still present, and i found multiple nodes that disappear when i approach them, reducing again the respawn.
    This is also very annoying. I'm sure phasing in other areas of the game doesn't effect professions? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Arent too much of it around, agreed. But I think phasing is a big reason for this, some zones are worse than the other. And twilight highlands happens to be (imo) one of the worst.

Every expansion needs a restrictive herb, one that's hard to get so the market can be controlled a little bit through supply. In Cata we don't have any rare drop herbs like frost lotus so twilight jasmine is serving that purpose with lower spawn rates. Or it could just be all in our heads. Or it could be the bots. Anyway my 2 cents.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, it could use a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
    Every expansion needs a restrictive herb, one that's hard to get so the market can be controlled a little bit through supply. In Cata we don't have any rare drop herbs like frost lotus so twilight jasmine is serving that purpose with lower spawn rates. Or it could just be all in our heads. Or it could be the bots. Anyway my 2 cents.
    They could always lower the amount of volatile lifes because they're needed for all flasks instead of just 2.

Being a caster dps isn't always fun.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    It desperately needs to be buffed. Others in my guild can get as many flasks as they want since all their ingredients are easily farmable. I maxed herbalism on an alt to save some money by farming and it's useless, it takes more than an hour to farm enough to make even 2 flasks of draconic mind.

there are heaps of twlight jasmine out there you just need to know where to look

Deleted
    Try coming to a server where you're not the only herbalist :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Twilight Jasmine sucks for farming, even for personal flasks (I like to be independent) for raids. Not enough for many, and the phasing issue does not help whatsoever
    Following the Light since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by haithere23 View Post
    there are heaps of twlight jasmine out there you just need to know where to look
    Yeah, obviously you are the ONLY one who's found some secret Twilight Jasmine heaven. You must be on an extremely low-pop server if that's your experience with the herb.

Deffo needs a buff, it's very annoying spending hours farming this herb

Deleted
    While I think there could be more Twilight Jasmine, I have much more problems with the violated life.

jasmine is only 2g on my server. I wish it was slow

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanter View Post
    that problem with that idea is that frost lotus being rare affected the creating of ALL flasks... if jasmine is supposed to do the same thing, its only affecting casters and tanks... kind of a rip if you ask me

Hmm.. I am on a medium-high pop server and I have no problems finding Twighlight Jasmine. It's harder when there are a lot of herbalists out there.. but I can usually get 2 stacks of Twilight Jasmine (40) and 20 Volatile Life in about 10 minutes. I have a path that's perfect for it. You obviously want to stay in the path that flies by Grim batol and in the main open area of TH, steer clear from the bastion of twilight area, the tentacles area, and dragons area.. its mainly over the grasslands but I would thank that would be obvious. I have no problems and I farm all the time. I can easily sell 30-40 flasks a day and farm all the mats for it in roughly an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Chellybear View Post
    Would anyone else agree with me that the respawn rate for Twilight Jasmine is FAR TOO SLOW, and in short supply? Three days on the trot now I've circled Twilight Highlands and found only Cinderbloom, and that is with only a few people questing/farming there themselves. When I look at Jasmine in comparison to every other herb, it's not good enough. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this, and that Blizzard will do something about it...
    I farm TwiHigh for 8-10 hours (yeah, I know, but I have a boring job) a day on my miner / herbalist and typically end up with 45-50 stacks of 20 on the AH every night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    I farm TwiHigh for 8-10 hours (yeah, I know, but I have a boring job) a day on my miner / herbalist and typically end up with 45-50 stacks of 20 on the AH every night.
    I wish I could farm in during work >.>

@Topic
    I agree, the rates are very low and it'd be nice to have it buffed up.