Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also dont like the feel of destro atm. In fact im not playing my lock because of how overly complicated they did it. Unnecessary complication is just bad. For those who say its easy, you are either doing it wrong, your DPS is not high or you are superman.

Here is how a normal attack looks like- at beginning- COE, BoH (if there are 2 mobs at least), already 2 GCD lost, the other players are DPSing hard, next instant soulfire, Immolate, conflag, incinerate X3, chaosB, Fel Flame or Immolate, repeat.

I am not even including things like, IMP procs, trinkets, life taps, corruption spell, shadowfury..

It is jsut too complicated. Here is on the other hand a fire mage who does the same dps as when we do the mentioned rototion

Mage- Scorch (for crit mass), living bomb, fireball till hot streak procs, combustion if u feel good with the procs.

See the difference?

When i play my mage i look at the screen and whats happeneing as i have time to do that. When i play my destro lock i look at CDs, what my next different spell wil be, if something procced, if something fell off, what the hell is my pet attacking, shards, well everything else except what is really happening on the screen with my enemies.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well that's kind of what seperates good players, knowing which to allow to drop for maximum DPS. The spec itself is already pretty forgiving as it is, since if any of those things do drop you wont loose much and will very quickly recover from it anyway because of how quickly all those can be re-stacked, especially when you consider that you can Soul Burn a Soul Fire to put the buff back up.
    Agreed. Knowing when you should be refreshing ISF early is important.

Also, what's with so many people staying destro for Cho'gall? Maybe I'm spoiled as horde (sup arcane torrent and warstomp?), but I've never seen the need for shadowfury on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't necessarily stay Destro for Cho'gall for Shadowfury, they just stay Destro because it's a good spec overall - the AoE component where Destruction is weakest is only very small and with BoH for the short time while you're on the big adds where Aff can't really ramp up it's actually got a little extra in that respect so there isn't really any compelling reason to choose Demo or Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    The Problem with Warlocks is this.. if you spam 1 spell, you can do pretty good DPS.. 18-20k.. BUT.. If you try to utilize every spell that you could be doing, then your dps goes to dam near HALF that.. affliction sucks fkn balls & demo is just good for pvp & 1-2 pve fights.. Warlocks are Broken and blizzard could care less because if they fix us, then the whole server crys, if they leave us broke, then only we cry..

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:45 PM ----------

like how they are talking about making UA a bit stronger.. like we give a fuck.. just give us our gear and we will do what we have must to survive..
    Spot on destro pve is about the only bit of locks that works right now. Affliction in arena 3s and 5s is a support debuf class not actually there to contribute any real damage just cc and preasure. Destro pvp pathetic don't even try, Demo pvp great for the 30 seconds meta lasts then your screwed. Pve wise destro is the only spec that's not broken and is fun. I accept blizzard put a lot work into locks this expansion and I like a lot of the ideas/changes BUT they've been poorly implemented. I gave up on pvp completely on my lock it's so shit every other class can lolkill you, apart from when in meta we have no chance to survive a melee attack. The reason they won't fix us? Cause almost noone plays warlock anyway, and if they did they're probably doing what I'm doing now rolling a priest/mage applying face to keyboard and rolling. Blizzard are hardly likely to help a class that only 2% (or w/e the figure is) of subscribers play.
    Last edited by mmoc27998aed0b; 2011-03-31 at 12:13 PM.

vellar is that a serious post?

i laughed kinda hard

I want to clarify a term I use a lot when talking about pve rotations. It's not always immediately clear what I'm talking about when I say it, but it does mean something. The term is dynamic. Dynamic is the way rupture from an assassin rogue grants energy, or envenoms refreshes SnD. Dynamic is the way that dmo locks get Molten core procs, or boomkins watch their eclipse bars. Dynamic is the way that shadow priests react to shadow orbs filling up.

Dynamic is not sitting there watching a ton of bars and pushing a button every time one of them is about to run out, while none of the individual spells really affect each other in any way. Except for immolate and conflagrate.

It's hard to put into absolute terms what I mean by this, but I hope this list of examples has drawn you something of a picture.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It's called a priority system, or a priority list, isn't it?
    Mathematically, every rotation can be simplified down to a set of priorities. It's how you decide what spell to use next. The point about the destruction list is that there's too many spells in it, and not enough reacting to things happening.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

First off I'd like to mention that warlocks are one of the few classes that have always been pretty good about showing the good players and the players on the next level. As for the priority listing its pretty easy once you get everything down. Its more like destro warlocks are in the pr as if you were playing with a feral kitty in wrath i guess. Don't know about them now. 1 mistake and your going to pay on the meters but shouldn't it be that way?

Gherkin (sp?) is a great warlock probably one of the best in the us realms and if he's not complaining then Warlocks are fine how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Currently the reactionary buffs / talents are:
    Affliction
    * Nightfall: Instant Shadow bolt
    * Pandemic: Switching to Drain Soul as your filler at 25% health
    Demonology
    * Molten Core: Switching to Incinerate for 3 fillers
    * Decimation: Switching to Soul Fire as your filler at 25% health
    Destruction
    * Burning Embers: Instant Soul Fire
    * Shadowburn: Added to the priority list at 20% health

The reactionary features of each spec seem pretty even but perhaps there are too many spells to juggle in the destruction spec. Then again, having so many spells gives the opportunity for great players to be greater.
    Other attractions to me include things such as haunt refreshing corruption, HoG refreshing immolate, etc... At least with that we have spells interracting in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    Other attractions to me include things such as haunt refreshing corruption, HoG refreshing immolate, etc... At least with that we have spells interracting in some way.
    interracting in some what? umm...immolate boosting the damage of incin, that's an interaction?

but yeah, the other two specs have an auto-refresh on one/two dots. if like conflag reset the duration on immolate, then all 3 specs would be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    interracting in some what? umm...immolate boosting the damage of incin, that's an interaction?

but yeah, the other two specs have an auto-refresh on one/two dots. if like conflag reset the duration on immolate, then all 3 specs would be the same.
    wouldn't that make conflags damage infinite??? :-P

i changed from destro to aff the 2 weeks after i ding 85

for destro PVE , at least give us a talent to refresh immo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like destro, its a machine gun for damage...the only reason I dont play it is because demon is good for single target but has more aoe available

Destro is still verrryyyy good for dps

Quote Originally Posted by vkei View Post
    i changed from destro to aff the 2 weeks after i ding 85

for destro PVE , at least give us a talent to refresh immo.
    Conflag refreshing immo would be nice, but not very likely to happen. Backdraft should also affect SF. What REALLY bugs me is; needing that ridiculous 7th immolate tick to do competitive damage and having to use corruption/shadowflame.

It's not like destro is doing poorly now, but it isn't great either. Unlike moonkins, spriests, hunters, etc...

Remember that warlocks are ranked lowest among pures (and some hybrids!) on our only tank-n-spank fight: BH.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-04-01 at 08:26 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Lol the rotation is easy , CoE , BoD ,soul burn -> soul fire ,demon soul , immolation , conflag , incinarate( x 3) ands repeat from immolation and use your soul fire proc from imp. this burst ave about 20k dps over 60s easy

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Conflag refreshing immo would be nice, but not very likely to happen. Backdraft should also affect SF. What REALLY bugs me is; needing that ridiculous 7th immolate tick to do competitive damage and having to use corruption/shadowflame.

It's not like destro is doing poorly now, but it isn't great either. Unlike moonkins, spriests, hunters, etc...

Remember that warlocks are ranked lowest among pures (and some hybrids!) on our only tank-n-spank fight: BH.
    for a fast , easy fix ,make CB replace inc. once learned , talent for felflame to make it refresh immo. and ISF to 15sec with a damage boots ,but having a cooldown around 8sec