Thread: Elvui help

Elvui help

So i recently decided to start using Elvui and im loving it. I have one minor problem though as can be seen from the screen shot the chat box on the left has several different sections to it for different types of chat(personal,guild,log, etc) yet the chat box on the right i cant seem to get more than one tab per say to it. If anyone knows how to do this or even if its possible id appreciate it

here is a picture of my ui to show what i mean
    http://i.imgur.com/wN7FO.jpg

Deleted
    create a new chat fram by right clicking personal and select "Create new window" then give it a name,
    Then holding Left Click drag the new frame to the one on the right hand screen, it should dock with it automaticly
    once in place righ click the name tab and select setting and choose your settings for the tab.

I think this is what your looking for ^.^

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 12:04 AM ----------

hmm on testing this (I use Elvs UI too) seems I cant get it to dock :S

Exactly the same way you would do it with Blizzards UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Exactly the same way you would do it with Blizzards UI.
    I cant get it to dock into the second chat frame same problem as Siggma

Sounds like a problem you should probably bring up on the ElvUI tech support forums.
    http://www.tukui.org/forums/forum.php?id=86
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Yeah I just loaded WoW to check. Same deal, give me a second to browse LUA.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a limitation of the WoW client that you're running into.

ChatFrame1 ("Personal" in this case) can have other tabs docked to it. No other ChatfFrame can. Sorry, not possible at this time.

I believe that's a limitation of Blizzard's. Only one chat box can have others docked to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What could you possibly need more than one chatbox for anyways? Combat Logs aside.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post

ChatFrame1 ("Personal" in this case) can have other tabs docked to it. No other ChatfFrame can. Sorry, not possible at this time.
    Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RageasaurusRex View Post
    What could you possibly need more than one chatbox for anyways? Combat Logs aside.
    And i like to situational ones is all.

Thanks everyone for the help much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post

This is what I found as well. That right frame you see is just a dark panel with an "undocked" frame laid on top of it, nothing special.

Deleted
    sorry for stealing thread but didnt think it was worth making a new one but;

how do you move your abilities around and assing keybindings in elv ui? also how do i bring up my spellbook? :s been looking for the past half hour now and still not found it! thanks guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
    sorry for stealing thread but didnt think it was worth making a new one but;

how do you move your abilities around and assing keybindings in elv ui? also how do i bring up my spellbook? :s been looking for the past half hour now and still not found it! thanks guys
    /hb for keybinds, hover over the button(s) you want to assign something for, press your keybind and then save it.

Click your mouse middle button on your minimap to bring up a mini menu, or simply press P for the spellbook.

Deleted
    thanks chino, i kind of sussed how to assign binding after reading up a bit more on elv. The one thing i still cant do though is move my abilities from the action bars, like they are locked? For example with bartender you can click an option to be able to move your abilities at all times (which i prefer, some dont) but with Elv i cant find that option?

Are you able to move the action bars to different places other than the middle (where the main ones are) and the right hand side?

I would ask these questions on the Tuk site but i cant find where to register a new account to be able to make new threads o.O its like they dont have that option. thanks again

Deleted
    thanks chino, i kind of sussed how to assign binding after reading up a bit more on elv. The one thing i still cant do though is move my abilities from the action bars, like they are locked? For example with bartender you can click an option to be able to move your abilities at all times (which i prefer, some dont) but with Elv i cant find that option?

Are you able to move the action bars to different places other than the middle (where the main ones are) and the right hand side?

I would ask these questions on the Tuk site but i cant find where to register a new account to be able to make new threads o.O its like they dont have that option. thanks again
    1) No, drag another spell there and they will swap places so you can then move that spell somewhere.
    2) Nope
    3) http://www.tukui.org/forums/register.php

Having an issue with ElvUI 5.0.4, its blocking out me seeing my spells in my spellbook. Any idea how to fix?

Deleted
    I am going to ninja this thread a bit, I have one little question.

Does Elvui use its own uniframes, or not, the reason is, I want to use this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gridstatuspriestaoe

and I am wondering if it's going to work with elvui's unitframes, or if I have to use grid separately. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Having an issue with ElvUI 5.0.4, its blocking out me seeing my spells in my spellbook. Any idea how to fix?
    Make sure you have updated to the latest version. 4.27 atm. Alot of the issues that where happening earlier have been fixed. Also, disable all other addons & see if it works. There is conflict with other addons, so you'll need to isolate the issue to see if its Elv, or another addon.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 02:41 AM ----------

To move spells around, hold you shift down & move the spell with your mouse.