Blood DK weapons

so magmaw is being a complete doucher and wont drop my mace so i'm stuck with some 346 weapons

I've been using Foe Reaper and it is my only source of hit/expertise

i also have whitefin axe which has crit/haste. when reforged it gives me a little more mastery

wondering what you guys would use until worm breaker drops. both weapons have the same strength, stamina, weapon speed, and max dmg.

Breakdown:
    Foe Reaper gives 1.68% hit and 4.1 expertise
    Whitefin Axe gives .73% crit, 1.8% haste, and .03 mastery

And it just so happens that whitefin axe matches my all blue armor
    Sig Made by Mipeo

PvP weapon an option for you? As you only need to collect 3400 conquest points.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    this. you need like 5 wins each weeks for 3 weeks.
    Its quite easy to get those 5 wins actually.

Either that or try to grind the troll archeology weapon (which i don't recommend).

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka

15+ Year Old Account
    The best tanking weapons out of heroics would be the Sword of Bottomless Pit and the Hammer from Erudax.
    Or Seliza's Spaer. Since all of those give Mastery+Haste, the latter is slightly better due to giving more avoidance thanks to agi.

Out of the Two you have: It doesn't matter much. They don't offer much tanking stats either way.

ugh, i was looking at that but i still havent pvp'd any since cata. i guess now's the time to start. hopefully in those 3 weeks magmaw will just give it up.
    Sig Made by Mipeo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    Really? I have the Epic pvp 2h mace... and i use it for my DPS offspec.. Didnt really think it would be benifitial to wear it as a tank though.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hyper/advanced is my Armory link..

Basicly comparing the 2 on Wowhead i would gain 58 Sta
    39 Str
    228 Resilience (0.62%) (wasted)
    228 Crit (1.27%) reforge to mastery (net gain would be 11 mastery)
    71.1 Melee DPS
    205 Melee Min Damage
    307 Melee Max Damage

but, i would loose a tonload of hit/expertise.. And it might be more then im confortable with.. I know after the first 10 seconds its almost like falling asleep TPS wise..
    But when for example with Chimaeron it would be awesome to be sure to get that double DS out after his double strike to help the healers. Its prolly between my ears though.. What do yall think?

Deleted
    but, i would loose a tonload of hit/expertise.. And it might be more then im confortable with.. I know after the first 10 seconds its almost like falling asleep TPS wise..
    But when for example with Chimaeron it would be awesome to be sure to get that double DS out after his double strike to help the healers. Its prolly between my ears though.. What do yall think?
    As stated many times, I think hit/Exp is completely wasted points. even when you miss, you can try again since you don't loose the runes.
    On the other side, I think that switching weapon will not have that much of an impact to your survability (only marginal stat differences).. so just use the weapon you feel "better" with^^
    Last edited by mmoc2359d021de; 2011-03-31 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    hmm... i think ill try getting the 2h sword from Stonecore or the mace from grim batol then.. see how it works out.

On another note.. Some people state that the 2h polearm (from lost city ) is even better since the avoidance obtained by agility is more then the parry from strength. yet you loose another chunk of threat when you loose the AP gotten through strength..

15+ Year Old Account
    In raids, threat is not an issue. But it can be if you're a fresh lvl 85 and have to tank for full epic DPS.

You'll probably know for yourself if you need it or not.

Deleted
    Well sometimes in transitions (aka omnitron) it can be sucky if strikes miss at the start.. especially since the hunters in our guild often forget what misdirect is for :P.. Ill have to rely on dark command/deathgrip some more then i guess...

Ill try getting the 2h's with mastery on them and play around with em..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post
    Well sometimes in transitions (aka omnitron) it can be sucky if strikes miss at the start.. especially since the hunters in our guild often forget what misdirect is for :P.. Ill have to rely on dark command/deathgrip some more then i guess...

Oooor with DBM you could see the next boss is active in a few seconds and just drop a DnD field under him and open with rune strikes (no parry/dodges there) since you've been pooling some RP on the previous boss.

I used the Erudax weapon for ages until Magmaw dropped me an upgrade this week. It looks pretty dumb but it's the best weapon stat combo in the i346 range you will get. Reforge the haste into parry or dodge.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post

ooor do it like we do, hold the bosses in 2 different spots in the room, usually magma and electron/toxitron is with me, arcanotron+the remaining boss is with the other tank, the bosses deactivate in the same spot and reactivate with the correct aggro
    Sig Made by Mipeo

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about the two hand sword from Tol Barad dailies? It has crit and expertise, two not so great stats for tanking, but it is an option as well. Sword of the Bottomless Pit would be good due to the mastery, reforge the haste to dodge or parry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    What about the two hand sword from Tol Barad dailies? It has crit and expertise, two not so great stats for tanking, but it is an option as well. Sword of the Bottomless Pit would be good due to the mastery, reforge the haste to dodge or parry.
    The stats on Bottomless Pit are exactly the same as the Erudax, I could just never get the sword version to drop for me. Crit and expertise are both poor stats for tanking. Get the Sword/Mace from heroics (if possible) and reforge Haste to dodge/parry.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I use Foe Reaper, hit & expertise are the stats I want on my 2h and I got one of the two reforged to mastery ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    I use Foe Reaper, hit & expertise are the stats I want on my 2h and I got one of the two reforged to mastery ofc.
    Yeah, the problem is that hit and expertise really aren't the stats you want on your weapon. Or really anywhere. They're not bad to have, but you don't want them if you could have mastery or avoidance instead.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    [/URL]