Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

Play RIFT for free this weekend (1st-4th April)

Mod sanctioned thread for discussion of trying RIFT for free this weekend.

I've received an email containing a keycode from Trion this weekend which will give upto five friends access to the game during the new world event River of Souls this weekend. Seeing as all my friends are already playing, thought I would offer the key up to MMO-C readers.

Couple of things to note:

• Please only use the key if you can definitely make good use of it this weekend. Playing the game for a couple hours is not going to give you a good feel for RIFT, I would recommend around 12hrs of spare time as a minimum (across all four days, not per day!), you should make it to the first instance by this point, and have opened up at least three souls.
    • Remember that the client is around 8.5GB in size, so using the key when your download will take a couple of days is a bit pointless and may deprive someone else of the opportunity to try the game.

Curse.com are giving away keys, click HERE to get one! [UPDATE: only NA region is giving keys for some reason, but anyone can select it regardless of location]

To use the key create an account HERE and enter one of the codes found in this thread. You will shortly (within 24hrs) receive confirmation and be able to download the client from your account page, or you can try THIS LINK and you MIGHT be able to download the client before your account is active (don't yell at me if you can't!).

Keys:
    EDIT: Read the most recent posts for more keys, they are appearing and being used up far too quickly for me to update reliably

For a chance at a key, check out RIFTs social network pages, they are periodically posting keys:
    http://www.facebook.com/RIFTgame
    http://twitter.com/#!/RIFTGame

Hope you enjoy the event and the game
    Last edited by Tarien; 2011-04-01 at 01:04 PM.

Where do I use the keys?

EDIT: Nvm.
    Last edited by Upptagen; 2011-03-31 at 04:23 PM.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Use the keys at

www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throwing my key out there, most of my friends already have it:
    MQ6L-XQDL-ZRXQ-CY3E-WHFP

Thanks! Been wanting to try this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends key since he doesn't use this forum

KI9A-HUJQ-JF9C-NB8F-RHLP

Deleted
    Would love to try it but my connection is l ike 512/512 so I wouldn't even be able to download the client before sunday or something lol.

I've used one of the keys. Thanks!

But, I wasn't able to download the client, how do I do to do so?
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like all the keys have been used up. Anyone have any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    I've used one of the keys. Thanks!

But, I wasn't able to download the client, how do I do to do so?
    Be patient, you'll be able to download it shortly, I think you get email confirmation. Just check your email and your trion/rift account periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergrim View Post
    Looks like all the keys have been used up. Anyone have any more?
    That was fast I am sure more people will offer up codes soon.

Thanks for this Tarien!, I played in the Beta for a good few weekends and the final week long one, and enjoyed myself very much, I have been hanging off buying it for now, but would love to have another play through to see the changes made since beta.

Sadly those codes are all used, but I shall keep an eye on this thread and hopefully be a bit luckier later

Thanks again!

Deleted
    Does anyone who bought the game receive those key codes?

I'm interested in trying the game out if anyone is kind enough to PM me a working one plz
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-03-31 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I'm interested in getting one if anyone could PM a working one plz
    So you want a special change, in addition to making this thread kind of pointless?

Oh I just found a working key!

X2PD-LF6J-9TRE-9KWC-H376

Found it here : http://mmorpgsmag.blogspot.com/2011/...e-weekend.html

Applied it and it's working Good luck and have fun guys!

Deleted
    Damn no more uses from the one above, thanks anyways though - I played in the beta also, just not really got the money to pay for WoW and RIFT atm

Quote Originally Posted by Alaka View Post
    Damn no more uses from the one above, thanks anyways though - I played in the beta also, just not really got the money to pay for WoW and RIFT atm
    Gah, that was fast;/ guess folks are using it and not posting to say they used it;/ Meh i'll keep looking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaka View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Played beta, loved it, but I won't play any subscription game Cancelled WoW subscription some time ago, playing SCII atm I love it, but would be nice to ´try Rift again. It was awzome

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Played beta, loved it, but I won't play any subscription game Cancelled WoW subscription some time ago, playing SCII atm I love it, but would be nice to ´try Rift again. It was awzome
    Why not out of curiosity? Im actually the exact opposite, I generally don't play games without a subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a cool game.. but I can't say I wanna spend 60 bucks (Figured I'd get the collectors if I decide to play) and end up not liking the game to be honest. What is the monthly fee anyhoo?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Deleted
    3LKN-CJNW-Z9CH-GNNF-3TYY

just got that one to work, not sure if it has been used before