Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    scouting out people in wsg and twin peaks has always been my favorite uses for it

I use it when the tank/healer goes afk, for something to do.

Did you know it can pull aggro on a boss? I was screwing with it while we were buffing up in ICC once and pulled Marrowgar. Nobody knew what happened and the RL was pissed. So I kept that one to myself.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Deleted
    I used to make great ninja pulls in Vanilla with it. Oh the joy when 40 people wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by addonex666 View Post
    Did you know it can pull aggro on a boss? I was screwing with it while we were buffing up in ICC once and pulled Marrowgar. Nobody knew what happened and the RL was pissed. So I kept that one to myself.
    Haha, good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotanik View Post
    I used to make great ninja pulls in Vanilla with it. Oh the joy when 40 people wipes.
    Awesomeness.
    Opulence. I has it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauroon View Post
    It's a spell that helps you watch what's in your surroundings. For example in an AV battle you are hiding inside a tower while the alliance team are about to start killing Drek'Thar. You can help your team mates with saying how much HP he have left and if their wiping or not. There's a lot of use to it, I use it sometimes on my lock atleast.
    "/tar NAME" can be used by everyclass and you are still able to see your characters surroundings.
    OT: It is quite useless as it is now, especially since it can pull certain mobs. I remember pulling those difficult guards in Ulduar to go to Algalons room, just because the eye had aggro. I like the idea of stealth detection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember using it on my old lock after 4.0.3 or w/e the cata patch was but before the launch of cata to fly it around with the glyph in sw, but other than that, I've only used it as a way to bug people for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by figgis View Post
    would be cool if u could make it turn into a warlock portal at the least.
    this, is a very good idea.i totally agree

Deleted
    best use of it I have found so far is in the entrance of BWD. whilst waiting for people to get into the instance send the eye off to aggro either of the bosses, (this takes pracice, omnomnomnomatrom is easist though) and watch as confused raidleader panics due to boss mods going mental >

10+ Year Old Account
    They should make it so when you find what you are looking for, a player, a mob, or whatever else, it has a second ability allowing you to port right there. Can't be used in combat, or in raids.

i always use my eye in BGs. It actually works wonders to scope out the FR in warsong or check out how many enemies are lurking at bases in ab

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    Really? I actually completely forgot about it. I haven't used it since leveling (TBC, 2006), you know, when leveling was more difficult.

Making it capable of using an ability like Sap would be cool, but man, rogues would be pissed. That would also lead to the homogenization complaints. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I also kind of like the "blowing up" idea--like a guided shadow grenade that could be either a straight up bomb, or function like Seed of Corruption (with or without Afflic's Soulburn effect).

It would be interesting to have it work sort of like the Hunter's Control Pet ability. It could use the above Sap or grenade/bomb abilities, possibly be able to mine/herb, or cast a Demonic Circle for you. That would be pretty sweet, actually. /joy

Thoughts?
    didnt they remove the hunter control pet in cata?

I think it's fine. It's not really meant to be a "useful" spell like that, more like for fun or for convenience.

Scouting in PvP and trigging Hunter traps(at least you could do that before, dunno if you can now, haven't tried for a while).

I used it during the Elder event to try and find the new location of the Orgrimmar elder. The npc didn't show up until I went there myself so kinda sucked for that purpose.
    Also dunno it if still works but you used to be able to flag yourself for pvp and fly it around lowbies of opposite faction. Hopefully they'd get tempted and kill it. That's when you pop out and set fire to them

Deleted
    I used it two times in six years.

My idea to upgrade the Eye of Kilrogg is to port the warlock to the eye's last location when being deactivated.

I pull 5man bosses with it like saaaaay the first boss in deadmines, when the tank or healer insta quits upon joining....

GLUBTOK GONNA SHOW YOU DA POWER OF DE ARCANE!
    Sadly Glubtok despawns upon one-shotting the eye since he doesnt aggro pulsate the entire instance like raid bosses

Last time I checked, it could attack things and even oneshot critters. That's the ultimate use for it.

Girls locker room................................

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dont get it. They removed a large number of spells (Sentry Totem, Control Pet, ect) and they keep spells that are similar/identical. Left hand no know what right hand does. Crazy.

I have used it for:

- triggering traps
    - annoying other people in the raid by making it fly around them
    - wiping a 40 man raid a couple of times by pulling something with it
    - despawning my pet temporarily
    - scouting the tunnel at WSG (sometimes useful to see incoming groups or rogues before they stealth)
    - scouting some area for other reasons (very rarely)
    - watching myself sail away by placing it at the docks when the ship leaves and to laugh at those who arrived a few seconds late.

That's all I can remember right now. I think they should make it instant cast and drop the time limit.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2011-04-06 at 09:10 AM.