Deleted

equipment? - Resto

right here is a link to my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ggouk/advanced

im unsure what to spend my VP on first.

do i buy a cloak?
    do i buy the boots?
    do i buy the relic and a ring?

thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be better suited in the class forum. Try posting there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what bosses you can do.

The boots wont be replaced this tier, they are BiS.

The V&T cloak is 'bis' if you can down them.

There are a few rings including ODS and 1st boss of Throne, 2 very easy bosses. There is also one from Arch.

The relic should be the very last thing besides tier pieces unless you can get the 4 piece.

Tbh, the trink would probably be the biggest up. Haste procs are terrible, probably the most terrible proc we can have, for trinks because haste between caps is useless and you can't base a cap off a proc.

Deleted
    As myrrar says, boots are BiS, the cloak, ring have other sources and the relic is nowhere near as good as the massive haste boost on the boots helping you towards one of the higher haste breakpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    As myrrar says, boots are BiS, the cloak, ring have other sources and the relic is nowhere near as good as the massive haste boost on the boots helping you towards one of the higher haste breakpoints.
    Not sure if the boots are the biggest upgrade. I feel it should be the 2nd item he/she should get. Getting core of ripeness over rainsong would be a big increase. I do agree with you on the haste on the boots and it is the BIS, but imo I believe he/she could live with the boots until he/she gets enough VP to purchase them or better yet since the boots are BOE, it might be better to buy them (avg price can be from +/-5k to +/-8k pending on the server). That would be more ideal. Purchase boots with gold and the core of ripeness (trinket) with VP. Just my 2 cents :-)
    Last edited by deven04; 2011-04-05 at 08:21 PM.

Don't spend VP on boots, they're BoE and can be bought quite cheaply.

As the guy above me said, buy boots with gold and Core of Ripeness with VP. Core is a fantastic trinket and really, really blows away your options. With the exception of Shard of Woe and maybe (maybe!) Jar of Ancient Remedies, you should never be using a trinket without Intellect. The throughput loss is too big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shard of Woe, Doll, DMC:T and FoM are all leaps and bounds above core. But unless you plan on doing Arch the other two will be out of your reach fro awhile and core is a great sub.

After that comes Core, tear of Blood(yes, a blue is better then the rest of these epics), Alch stone, than Jar

Worth mentioning that you can just buy the boots off of someone. They go for about 4.5-5k on my server. It'd probably be faster for you to make that amount of gold than to gather 1650 points.

I would buy the boots and save for tier pieces being that they are bis usually