10+ Year Old Account

Felhunter not staying on target?

Hi all,
    I've been pvping more and more lately and have come up with a problem--it seems my felpuppy is very spastic when it comes to staying on a target. I'll tell them to /petattack my target and it'll go, and the pet is on passive with Shadow Bite being auto cast, but at some random point it will decide to stop attacking and come stand by me again.

This has happened on more than one target in more than one place and time, and I can't figure out what's either making it do that or what I can do, some macro I can use, to make it attack one target and then -stay- on that target. Any help would be most appreciated, as this is really killing us in arena.

The most common method ive seen, and used, is to bind /petattack to a semi frequently used ability. Haunt is a good spell to use.

Pets have annoying bugs sometimes. As an example, ive had a felguard on passive decide to charge and melee an icetrap then legion strike to break a poly and then go and whack the 3rd mob that was the one i directly told him to attack.

Ive had the same felguard decide that Intercept MUST be used and charge away from the target he was already on to go break a CC mob. It is infuriating sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have thought about doing that, but the problem is that as an affliction lock in arenas I'm constantly switching targets trying to keep DoTs up on both.

Deleted
    I have exactly the same problem.
    I hate pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilianah View Post
    I have thought about doing that, but the problem is that as an affliction lock in arenas I'm constantly switching targets trying to keep DoTs up on both.
    Its more of a PVE bandaid. The problem with PVP is when people use threat drop mechanics like vanish or feign the felhunter thinks the target is dead. Theres no real way to fix that short of blizz making pets less retarded.

I have the exact same problem. I want my pet on the healer at all times (spell lock) but it comes running back a lot. So I have to re-order it to attack the healer. Quite an anoying bug imo.
    Last edited by DenniZ; 2011-04-01 at 09:21 AM.

Its When ever you fear your felhunter gets off your feared target, its blizzard cattering to the PvErs that cried about pets breaking fear in dungeons. one of many reasons this game is trash now.

nope. pets attack feared NPCs atleast whenever i fear in a heroic im always hitting follow on my pet action bar so he doesnt run off and be a dumb, the felguard is the worst at that i turned his charge off completely because hes so dumb charging CC'd mobs

Deleted
    i got the same problem, this has cost me alot of defeats in arena, for example, we decided to nuke a tauren shammy ( Me and resto druid vs Shammy and frost mage ) and he had about 10% hp left when he cast a heal, i had my silence off cooldown and my pet was just standing next to me while the shammy were standing behind boxes and healing... Annoying ._.

Deleted
    I can be one of the opponents taunting the pet, ( I do that on my pally to break sheeps etc, its awesome :P ), or you couldve missclicked follow /attack some other target etc.

i really hate the fact that when you cast fear the pet will inevitably come back to you.. the fact we cant change it sucks big time
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    i really hate the fact that when you cast fear the pet will inevitably come back to you.. the fact we cant change it sucks big time
    /cast Fear
    /petattack target

et voila!

Oh and at the guy that bitched about blizz catering to PvE'ers...

/random generic response

"Because this game is all about PvP amirite?"

If the game was just about pvp, there would be no expansions. Just thousands upon thousands of hotfixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    /cast Fear
    /petattack target
    that can fuck up :/
    it will attack the target im fearing. what if im fearing the healer and the pet has to stay on the one im nuking?
    i dont want a macro with a fixed target lasttarget that isnt really reliable in many cases.. i just dont want my pet to come back by default lol
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    that can fuck up :/
    it will attack the target im fearing. what if im fearing the healer and the pet has to stay on the one im nuking?
    i dont want a macro with a fixed target lasttarget that isnt really reliable in many cases.. i just dont want my pet to come back by default lol
    Macro 1
    /cast [target=target] Fear
    /Petattack target

Macro 2
    /cast [target=focus] Fear
    AND/OR
    /cast [target=arena1] Fear

/cast [target=arena2] Fear

/cast [target=arena3] Fear

voila!
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2011-04-01 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    /cast Fear
    /petattack target
    Execpt you are wrong

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Macro 1
    /Petattack target

Macro 2
    AND/OR

voila!
    what if you fear a target that you don't want your pet to attack? Most glad Locks like myself have those macros but if you attach pet attack to them they will attack your feared target,i already have 40+ macros i do not have to keyboard space for more and them holding tier 2 pvp weapons till the season is half way over is catering to the pvers or casuals i should say and this "Fix" is also.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Macro 1
    /Petattack target

Macro 2
    AND/OR

voila!
    you didnt get it, its just too much situational. really

I love how we can make macros to quick fix these sort of things... but i pay for this game. The fact is we should never have to make macros to fix something. That's what the devs job is and they aren't doing their job. This is why this game is crap now. They just don't care.......

Sad Sad Sad