Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Cool Video Game Ideas

Over my many many years of playing video games I have occasionally thought of some really cool ideas that I couldn't believe no one else thought of putting into a game. Of course I cant think of them right now lol So what are some ideas you have thought of over the years that you wanted in a game or maybe made into a whole game itself?

Zombie Apocalypse Survival FPSMMORPG

Someone make it happen.

ive been thinking of super smash brothers game with all other famous game charakters like: thrall, ezio auditore, alex mercy and the list goes on

seriously it should rock if it was on PS3/xbox since of the grahpic and capasity ps3 OR xbox have.

Another Baldur's Gate game.

Deleted
    Pokemon MMORPG.

Deleted
    War-themed hat simulator.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Zombie Apocalypse Survival FPSMMORPG

Someone make it happen.
    This would be so full of win! Wonder why it hasn't been done yet o_O There's hundreds of zombie apocalypse movies and games that are doing very well, yet not even one mmorpg imo?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Pokemon MMORPG.
    Not that hard of a concept actually.
    You can always have a pokemon follow you around, and when you want to fight, switch to the pokemons PoV. They can have 4 attacks each, 2 will be specific to that line, the other 2 will be shared between all pokemon of that type. Switching out would be channeled and you take 90% less damage. Needs to be refined ofc but its totally possible.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    me and my dad were talking about this the other day
    we think a Mortal Kombat MMO would do really well, although we don't know how races or classes would go :P
    Last edited by Cadwe; 2011-04-01 at 01:58 AM. Reason: ya terrible at my own language " english"

If you took Fable and made it into an MMO that would be cool. It would be one part Fable, one part WoW and a dash of GTA.

I was just explaining it to my gf and its kind of involved so I'll do my best.

The one part Fable is the 'good vs evil' thing. That is a very cool idea but in fable the guild in game also had a castle. It would be awesome to have actual guild castles. You start out with a small one, like a little house or something but then you can upgrade it with gold or xp. Over time you would go from a little house on the prairie and go all the way up to castle or fortress. (btw does guild wars have something like this? just curious) Also, it wouldnt just be a big empty castle. It would have portal to the raids you have all ready been to and tried. You would have to find them in-game first but after maybe 50% or so of your guild has found it they could just use the portal. Also, you could buy guild perks. Yes, the ones like WoW but have some cooler stuff too like guild mounts, castle upgrades, mini games, etc.
    Of course the guild would have guild banks but a cool thing I thought of was if you could sell things as a guild. The way it would work is from the guild end you could go to the 'guild vendor' window and basically drop your looted item in the window and set your price. Once it sells the guild would get a set percentage from the sale put into the guild bank, you get the rest of course. From the buyer end, they would go into a town and click on the 'guild vendors npc'. Once the window comes up you can buy from certain guilds or search for whatever you want. Of course if you are not in a guild you could just use the auction house, but that would be different npcs.

As far as leveling your character it would be regular leveling just like anything from Chrono Trigger to WoW but it would also have the Fable 'good vs evil' thing. If you are on a video game forum I dont think this needs any explanation.

That's all I got for now ^_^

Pokemon MMORPG.
    id love this customizing you're own toon and everything and laughing at people that called their toon ash

what needs to happen is, a game needs to be made that actually has a good story and character development/progression. very few games do this anymore.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyScout View Post
    War-themed hat simulator.
    I see what you did there. xD

I have to go with the Pokemon MMO. It seems like a very very easy concept to me. Also a Transformers MMO (not counting the abomination Jagex is going to make).

Quote Originally Posted by Silentsnipe1212 View Post
    what needs to happen is, a game needs to be made that actually has a good story and character development/progression. very few games do this anymore.
    Best character development in any game was Chrono Trigger. Amazing game!

Maybe they could make a Chrono Trigger MMO? hmmm I see huge problems already but if they could make it work I would be all over that

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    Not that hard of a concept actually.
    You can always have a pokemon follow you around, and when you want to fight, switch to the pokemons PoV. They can have 4 attacks each, 2 will be specific to that line, the other 2 will be shared between all pokemon of that type. Switching out would be channeled and you take 90% less damage. Needs to be refined ofc but its totally possible.
    I'd wager it would be totally impossible under Pokemon's current leadership http://www.1up.com/news/safety-most-...kemon-director

I can't say I don't like the idea though. The player interaction for such a game to be made would have to be limited to a handful of preset phrases with general and innocent phrasing.

Planetside pre-BFR's
    or
    A decent 40k mmo

You can send my royalties to the usual adress...

Pokemon MMORPG.
    I think I saw something that someone did. pokemonium.com maybe

Well I'm glad to say most of my game ideas have already happened... Just too many years later that I almost no longer care. -__-

I still wish to play a first person (single player with capability of a few friends) Sci-fi game mixed with some fantasy elements (like Star Gate) where I can visit hundreds of worlds by ship. That means I can land or take off over the planet/moons/asteroids/space stations all in real time without a load screen. The same when traveling the stars as well. No short cut load screens but all real time.
    It would be aimed at older audiences (20+), but that doesn't automatically mean it has to have sailor talk and explicit sex scenes. Just something with a mature tone without all the over exaggerated humor. Nothing gritty dark and dull, but simply inspirational and intellectually involving with a complex universe.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:38 PM ----------

Edit: We're almost there though. I'm sure there may be some technical limitations at the moment, but someday it will happen. I'll probably not care though when it happens. >_>

(btw why can't I edit my post? It won't load the text nor direct me to advanced editing. Something is fishy with this site atm as I got a 500 error just a moment ago from it too.)

Deleted
    My big wish for games is an MMO with a constantly changing and updating world and no levels:

Character progression would be based upon new abilities, armour, and most of all skill. So theoretically a veteran player would be able to start a new alt and skip straight to their favourite zone instead of slogging through low level areas.

The storyline would be divided into Frontiers, each one a campaign against a different enemy. Players completing quests in a frontier would contribute to the war effort, Isle of Quel'danis style. Each frontier would be split into several chapters that would unlocked through player contribution meaning the world would be constantly changing and evolving (though instanced versions of previous chapters would be available as well.). Instead of one big resource consuming revamp *cough*CATA*cough* each patch would choose 1 or 2 frontiers to update, creating a stream of content so that each new lore event is reflected in the game world within a couple of months. The possibilities here are endless. Chapter 1 of a frontier could revolve around defending the land around a major city, and the chapter's end could result in that city being destroyed. Next chapter would involve guerilla warfare in the burnt out streets, ending in the dragon/demonlord/whatever being destroyed. Chapter 3 would involve the founding of a new settlement., and dealing with the power vacuum left in the conflict's wake. New players coming into the game after 10 years would simply see the old city as an ashen ruin, a player created legend.