Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] Insidious

I went to go see this movie expecting a somewhat decent horror movie and I was severely disappointed. The beginning was okay, and had a couple of good creepy moments and jump scares, but toward the end, I just wanted it to be over. I couldn't believe what kind of turn that movie took. Was anybody else as annoyed as I was by how the movie turned out? I mean, I guess I can expect only so much from the people who made Paranormal Activity, but still...

I don't know if you noticed buth Darth Maul is in his movie.

http://blakeawesomeo.blogspot.com/20...idious-by.html check out the weekly preview of this weekends movie, in the insidious one I show you a picture of Maul in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortakai View Post

http://blakeawesomeo.blogspot.com/20...idious-by.html check out the weekly preview of this weekends movie, in the insidious one I show you a picture of Maul in the background.
    Oh yes... I noticed all right.

It's not really from the "makers" of Paranormal Activity. The director is the Saw guy, and the writer was one too. Only PA connection is in some producers but in the loosest of terms since most of the "producers" of PA came on board after it was actually filmed.

i saw it earlier tonite and ive gotta say, i liked it. it had its scary moments and will most likely be turned into a haunted house at halloween horror nights at universal in the future :P.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vortakai View Post

darthmaul doesn't have hair

i kind of want to watch it but too many reviews bash it .. how does it stack up to the Poltergeist series? omen? how bout The Amityville Horror ?

why is it hard to find a good scary movie now?

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    darthmaul doesn't have hair

i kind of want to watch it but too many reviews bash it .. how does it stack up to the Poltergeist series? omen? how bout The Amityville Horror ?

why is it hard to find a good scary movie now?
    Because scary movies don't have stories anymore. Poltergeist, Damien and The Exorcist were great because they were good, original stories that made you care about the characters. Modern-day horror is just about making a few bucks, so naturally it's not as good.

Insidious is one of the best horror films in the past decade, Prob after Paranormal 2 and the last exorcism. The films direction couldnt have been done any better, James Wan truly knows his stuff. Even Saw 1 was an excellent film. James Wan motivation was reminiscent of stanley kubricks The Shining: his steadicams around the house, his choices of wide angle lenses at times where there would be a long lens. CLose ups etc... We know his intentions to make the film memorable in his direction and in story becasue of what i just typed above and because his works in other horror film within Insidious. Like i said before The Shining was the most obvious for me aswell as Nightmare on Elm Street. "Man with the fire face"= has a red face and long finger nails he uses to kill people, in addition to haunting people in the astroprojected universe aka while your sleeping. 2. James Wan continued to show feared characters in horror history in addition to Freddy Kruger. Jigsaws face appeared in the school when the father was sleeping. James Wan clearly knows how to make horror films and im looking forward to watching his next one. For those people that think its laughable, you were supposed to laugh in those sequences. Just as u were supposed to laugh in Saw 1 during certain times. Good Horror have good Comic relief so the scares will be much greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Izick View Post
    Insidious is one of the best horror films in the past decade, Prob after Paranormal 2
    i stopped reading right there. paranormal 2 sucked balls. The characters would of been better written as cardboad cutouts. At the end of the movie i din't feel anything for the characters, in fact the only thing i tought after the movie was i'm glad that's over and how can i get my money back for paying to watch this piece of crap.

go back and watch paranormal 2 and go back and watch poltergeist and tell me that pa2 was better .. you can't and if you do you're lying.
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-04-03 at 06:06 PM.

his post for the most part is correct tho, i thought insidious was pretty good. scary in the parts it needed to be and funny in the parts it needed to be.

Insidious had good suspense up until they started showing the monsters (spirits, whatever) too much. It had a few cheap jump scares, and that was about it. From the point where...

*SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*
    *SPOILERS DOWN HERE*

they got attacked by the spirits when the lady had the gas mask on, the movie lost all of its suspense and was 0% scary. The only scare I appreciated was the scene with the guy in the baby's room when you weren't expecting it, it was almost like a "when you see it..." picture and it worked very well.

I'd give it a 3/10 for how badly it went down the drain. It COULD have been good.

It was an entertaining scary movie.. Its really a great experience to such a nice horror movie.

Compared to the first Paranormal Activity, is it scarier? just wonderin

i didnt find paranormal activity scary, but during insidious i got chills a few times at some parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a lot of bad movies. Really, a TON of bad movies especially horrors and this is the worst film I have ever seen. It made me laugh, it made me sad, and not because of anything that was supposed to give me those emotions.

B-list acting, highschool film class filming/editing, bad stunt work(really, really, REALLY bad), the 'spirits' costuming and make up looked like a child's halloween costume, and the story line was laughable. Nothing in it was slightly scary as I sat in the dark, alone watching it.

It was a film that wanted to be reminiscent of older classics and failed miserably. I have never openly sat there mouth agape about how terrible a film is and after looking at how high a rating it got on rotten tomatoes, I couldn't even believe it. Lets just say I'm glad I didn't pay to go see it, I probably would have asked for my money back.

I honestly went looking for this topic because I've never seen a film with so much potential and so many problems. And as I said, I've seen a ton of bad horror movies and enjoy every one of them, no matter how bad and ridiculous. This one was just too much.

This movie is good. I like the whole plot of this movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was pretty good. Not really scary or anything, but enjoyable.

Still.. looking forward to the summer movie season. Not much good out right now.

10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Is insidious a good scary movie?

I'm just finished dloading it..and im about to watch it alone. i just wanna know if its scary

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Yep, definitely

Yea I watched it with my girlfriend and I was pretty scared cause you never know when something is going to happen

It's nothing near scary but haven't ever seen a horror movie that is actually scary. As in being a good movie. It's so so. I found it a little slow.