Thread: Halfus HM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Off topic but something I have to mention. Don't hit Shadow Word: Death. Just say no, I know it's tempting, I know if you just peck the key once, and it doesn't crit it's so shiny and beautiful... but if it crits. :| Just say no to SW: D! (Says the spriest who double taps it every attempt near the end for the sake of a giggle fit)

Ontopic: I hope you get to stay shadow! It's soo much fun on that fight.

Deleted
    Disc priests are still awesome for Halfus, but not because of Atonement. The first 30 seconds of Halfus HM is all about rotating cooldowns to keep the drake tank alive. Disc Priests are a good thing as you have both PW:Barrier and Pain Suppression available.

If your the highest dps someone else shoulod switch. Loosing biggest dps would probably be tough to makup for with healdps and extra longevity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing it for 3 weeks with 2 tanks and 3 healers usual setup of normal mode.
    Tank : Warrior + Pala (Me)
    Healer: Disc + Dru + Pal
    Dps: SP + Ret + Mage + Ele + Cat

Prot paladin takes the right side (storm+whelps+warden) Warrior takes the rest. Divine Guardian > Aura Mastery to lower fireball damage over raid. Tank switches on boss tanking. Hand of Protection used on Warrior tank to get rid of debuffs, i do the same on myself and taunt it back.
    Ele shaman is always on the boss for Shadow Nova interrupts. Use heroism at the half hp of the last drake (might be changed depending on how you feel for it's usage).

Our main problem was keeping the agro of multiple targets people dps/aoe for the first 30 seconds of the fight, solved it with Hand of Salvation and etc. Once first 2 drakes are dead it gets much more smoother especially for healers.

Our first kill was just 10 seconds behind the enrage timer.

Hope this would help
    Good luck.

Deleted
    Ok thank you all for your tips and your answers. I'll stay shadow and we'll use the 2nd shamy enhancement specced to interrupt Halfus shadow novas. No strange tactics, 2 tanks, 3 healers and dealing as much dmg as possible. I'll let you know. THANKS!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I think he means the +100% dmg to halfus debuff that you get for killing a drake. There's little to no reason in releasing slate unless you're going for a dps record or something.
    Except, he sometimes gets stunned long enough to let the mortal strike wear off, which is always awesome. Even if that's not the case, it still gives the healers 12 seconds of no tank damage.

That's really the best reason to release Slate imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    Off topic but something I have to mention. Don't hit Shadow Word: Death. Just say no, I know it's tempting, I know if you just peck the key once, and it doesn't crit it's so shiny and beautiful... but if it crits. :| Just say no to SW: D! (Says the spriest who double taps it every attempt near the end for the sake of a giggle fit)

Ontopic: I hope you get to stay shadow! It's soo much fun on that fight.
    This made me giggle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Except, he sometimes gets stunned long enough to let the mortal strike wear off, which is always awesome. Even if that's not the case, it still gives the healers 12 seconds of no tank damage.

That's really the best reason to release Slate imo.
    At the point of where you are releasing slate dragon you have already beat halfus, stun is completely useless and serves little purpoe, the reduced healing is nice, but let's be honest the healing is already extremely low at the end... ALso trading a stun for having to pop cooldowns to keep the tank alive doing furious roars because the slate dragon is still hitting is imo not worth it.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-05 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    The hardest part is the first minute and Disc Priests are no longer OP for the first minute so you can very easily do it without one, they are not required in any way.

You can do the fight with 3 tanks/3 healers or 2 tanks/4 healers, we did it with 2 tanks/4 healers and had no problem at all hitting the enrage timer and our DPS isn't the highest ever.