Poll: Glass Half Full Or Glass Half Empty?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The glass is half full, but half full with the wrong stuff.

Depends on the day of the week. I usually try to be a Half Full kind of person...

The glass only exists because I acknowledge its existance, therefor any content in it is a byproduct of my ability to percieve it.

Seriously, I just get tired of the "OMG YOU'RE A PESSIMIST BECAUSE YOU SAY HALF EMPTY", (sidenote: A pessimist is just an optimist with experience)these fortune-cookie style "answer this question and I'll tel you who you are" schticks are so contrived and pathetically para-spiritual that I'd be tempted to say that the glass is equally full of my tears of anguish and your impending cerebral fluids after I introduce you to ocular penetration with a drinking glass.

*breathes deeply*

The glass is, and so are you. if the content and amount of same int he glass is not to your liking, it's your birthright to change that if you care to. There we go, I've now added my own spiritual wisdom to this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion View Post
    If you're filling the glass, it's half full.
    If you're pouring / drinking from it, it's half empty.

*grin*
    Agreed.. If Im working towards epmtying it, its half empty. If im trying to fill it, its half full.

If you just want to know if Im a positive or negative kinda guy then.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ !
    Last edited by mmoca172a76622; 2011-04-03 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in the words of Terry Pratchett:
    "There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.

The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! Who's been pinching my beer?
    And at the other end of the bar the world is full of the other type of person, who has a broken glass, or a glass that has been carelessly knocked over (usually by one of the people calling for a larger glass) or who had no glass at all, because he was at the back of the crowd and had failed to catch the barman's eye."

for the sake of the question and the poll though, i'd say i'm on the half-ful side

Deleted
    Half empty.

I have my reasons

the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

10+ Year Old Account
    An empty glass is useless. You just fill it most of the time to full, so it's half empty when you drink....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    Half full.
    Pessimism is such a terrible thing :P
    A pessimist is never disappointed.

WHAT IS WRONG WIHT YALL?

half water, half air, done

think about it, it's filled...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The glass is too big.

10+ Year Old Account
    half empty, always

The capacity of the liquid in the glass is at the half mark.

in the words of Terry Pratchett:
    "There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.

The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! Who's been pinching my beer?
    And at the other end of the bar the world is full of the other type of person, who has a broken glass, or a glass that has been carelessly knocked over (usually by one of the people calling for a larger glass) or who had no glass at all, because he was at the back of the crowd and had failed to catch the barman's eye."

for the sake of the question and the poll though, i'd say i'm on the half-ful side
    Thank you for making me laugh, I love Terry Pratchett.

The glass is completely full. It's half air, half water.

I always personally thought this analogy was a rather poor one to "Decide" if a person was Optimistic or Pessimistic.

First you must start with an empty glass, If the glass was filled up half way then stopped, then It would be half full. If the glass was filled to the top and someone drunk/spilt half of it, then it would be half empty of what it was.

To all you lesser brained people, it is obvious that the glass is completely full. Half of the glass is full with your beverage, and the other half full of air.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm drinking a full glass down to half, it's half empty. If I'm adding water to a empty glass to half, it's half full.

However, if there is a glass on a table and someone asks me how much water is in the glass, I would say half full.
    Hi

Deleted
    Both, their terms of measurement that are pretty much the same, the only difference being that they measure the opposite factor, either way they still give the same result

Half full. Always make the most of your situation.