Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There's a good reason why people are calling for a relic heirloom. As far as I can recall, from leveling my pala a few months ago, the first relic you can get is at level 40. From Scholomance. More annoyingly it's a sta/int/spri relic, so nearly useless for anything but holy palas. The only advantage it has is the ability to take any WotLK epic gem.

Past that the first actual tanking relic is Relic of the Paragon from a quest involving Stratholme; a quest that can't be done before level 46.

Even if the heirloom had no XP bonus it'd still be VERY useful as getting relics before about level 60 isn't straightforward.

Deleted
    Why do people keep repeating the "it's old content" line. It's still in the game and every rule applies to everything in the game.
    I'm so not a fan of double standards...

If you honestly believe old content is not important anymore for anyone and you can go wild abusing whatever you can find then explain to me why they're nerfing gold drops?

Tanking heirlooms are useless (imo) since you can easily tank in dps gear and top damage meters, and survivability is not an issue you can even solo some of the instances if you are few levels above. So tanking heirlooms it will only make the run slower. But they look great I love the look of the might set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Why do people keep repeating the "it's old content" line. It's still in the game and every rule applies to everything in the game.
    I'm so not a fan of double standards...

If you honestly believe old content is not important anymore for anyone and you can go wild abusing whatever you can find then explain to me why they're nerfing gold drops?
    Not quite sure what the connection is here. They're nerfing gold drops because lower level raids have become so trivial that many classes can solo them, and the amount of gold you can get is disproportionate.

Deleted
    So basically he exploited a boss to solo C'Thun? Why isn't anyone reporting this guy for exploits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    So basically he exploited a boss to solo C'Thun? Why isn't anyone reporting this guy for exploits.
    Read two posts above... because it's old content, sigh.

@Auto-unstuck :
    Lots of people doing something without abusing anything and getting nerfed vs Jider abusing shit, getting front page and people going "Nicely done!"
    The connection is the content, "old content" like so many people have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    Not quite sure what the connection is here. They're nerfing gold drops because lower level raids have become so trivial that many classes can solo them, and the amount of gold you can get is disproportionate.
    Disproportianate to what? I get something like 1800g from running Molten Core, bits of AQ, and Karazhan, and that's largely from selling the drops rather than the gold from each boss. Compare that to the money made from doing a weeks worth of dailies (which I don't), and I've lost out. It's not a staggering amount of gold a week, but it's enough to "live" on, and and it's far more enjoyable than doing the same quests day in day out.

Deleted
    3750 is fair price, since we swim in the unspent Justice Points.

Deleted
    Great, more heilrooms for twinks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Read two posts above... because it's old content, sigh.
    And you should read two posts above aswell. Even if it's "old content", it has the same rules everywhere. How about I go exploit the shit out of TBC instances and not get a warning/ban. This is just madness

I'm sure 90% of wow population coudn't even have thought of using their brain to exploit a boss. Let alone trying to do it.

Thats because 99% of the wow population know better then to exploit a boss and then pass it off as soloing something that used to take 40 people.

Besides, both bosses are easily duod by two people, I do it every week. The only reason you can't solo them is because of the mechanics of the fight.

Twin Emperors are designed to be fought together. No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Disproportianate to what? I get something like 1800g from running Molten Core, bits of AQ, and Karazhan, and that's largely from selling the drops rather than the gold from each boss. Compare that to the money made from doing a weeks worth of dailies (which I don't), and I've lost out. It's not a staggering amount of gold a week, but it's enough to "live" on, and and it's far more enjoyable than doing the same quests day in day out.
    bosses in Molten core do not drop gold if only one person is in the instance. Or at least it has for a few weeks now.

Found that out when I started soloing it for the bindings. Just me = no gold from bosses. Someone else sitting at the entrance = gold.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfus View Post
    Sir, please calm down. I said relics and idols because they are offhands, like shields. You wouldnt implement shields withot implementing items subsequent to the slots for other classes now would you? Surely you jest! Balance is key!

Oh no, a rant about heirlooms. As if levelling or instances aren't easy enough without anyway.

Face Keosens trollish wrath, check.
    Relics and idols go in the ranged slot, like wands/bows/guns/crossbows/thrown... shields go in the off-hand slot, like.. off-hand items, I guess

That said, there is an heirloom bow and an heirloom gun... no wand/idol, though I guess I can see why they would implement those two weapons because Hunters mainly use those, the idols/wands are mainly stat sticks.
    Last edited by mmoc79de8862ae; 2011-04-04 at 10:50 AM.

Why are people congratulating him on the emps? Its an exploit, nothing to be commended!

Deleted
    I'm surprised that such video is posted on the front page of mmo-champ... they rather belong to the website like mmowned.com or something. Shame on Boubouille, shame shame shame.

bosses in Molten core do not drop gold if only one person is in the instance. Or at least it has for a few weeks now.

Found that out when I started soloing it for the bindings. Just me = no gold from bosses. Someone else sitting at the entrance = gold.
    Humanoid bosses still drop gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe the rogue's explanation saying he pulled one of the Twin Emp without pulling the othrt. Guess il have to wait for another movie but that sounds like some Vanish bugs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

If you're just grinding bindings, you won't get gold, because Geddon and Garr don't drop any. Some other bosses don't drop gold either. But some do, Ragnaros certainly does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    And you should read two posts above aswell. Even if it's "old content", it has the same rules everywhere. How about I go exploit the shit out of TBC instances and not get a warning/ban. This is just madness
    And you obviously didn't read it very well because that's what I said.

@Eviforums :
    He sure does and I think you really have to kill him to make it worth it to run around in there. I'm mainly doing it for the rep and hoping to get the legendary drop off Ragnaros.