Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Are Death Knights improving as Tanks?

I tank as a Blood DK and find it really fun. Keeping aggro is easier and others are happy with me as their tank. So what do you think? Are DK's becoming better tanks with the changes in Cata?

Moved to the Hero Class forum. Because they're so much better than us.

Aren't Blood DK's pretty godlike atm? Either way, yes, they are good.

When were dk tanks bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've been feeling we've improved a lot and a lot of people seem to like having DKs as their tanks due to the smaller amount of healing they need to do 'apparently' :P
    But yeah, it's a lot more fun

I have had a few bad ones in the past but lately it seems they've been great. No problems lately. *crosses fingers*

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the stigma seems to be fading, that's for sure. A knowledgeable DK tank is an amazing asset to a raiding team and downright pleasant to heal.

Though, there are always the bad ones, like the ones that accidentally DG Maloriak...twice...XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    Yeah I've been feeling we've improved a lot and a lot of people seem to like having DKs as their tanks due to the smaller amount of healing they need to do 'apparently' :P

theres no apparently to it. i do 20-23 million healing/absorbs on a good raid night. some fights are less and some fights i dps but even 2 bosses as dps i still do 18-20 million

thats alot less healing required
    Sig Made by Mipeo

In terms of pure numbers, DK's have been excellent tanks for a very long time. Most of the negative perception comes from people who play them without knowing what they're doing. But even that stigma seems to be (finally) going away.

we are in a good place right now. all tanks are about even. only issue im having as a dk is when i am stunned / any other form of cc i cannot death strike so i take more damage than block tanks. same with kiting adds and having to run away or even getting attacked by multiple adds we take more damage this has been proven over and over and the community has asked for change blizzard have acknowledged this is an issue and are probibly going to give us a overhall. more than likely make blood shield a proc and bring blood strike into the tanking rotation... think about it a blood moved "blood" shield and we don't even use it?????

we also have some really stupid talents left over from when the blood tree was a dps class that will probs get shafted at some point aswell. but yes at the moment on a boss without having to take a beating from loads of adds we are even with the other tanks if we play 99% correctly.

if we play bad we take huge chunks more damage than the other tanks if we HS by mistake and use a rune for example wave bye bye to a blood shield block tanks can sit /lol and just worry about threat we cannot.

also the player-base seams to be improving not so many scrubs who don't no what to do. im guessing they have given up from dieing over and over for poor use of death strike/cooldowns.

also its worth noting we are the most complex tanking class in game no questions we have more cool-downs, more resources, more to manage (scarlet fever, diseases, death strike, blood shields, runes etc etc) and blizzard have even said we should be tougher to play as a class due to being a hero class and made for veteran players.

the issue healers have with us are they feel bad if the tanks not topped (something left over form LK) but we all know keeping a dk tank at 100% hp is wasting your own mana healers!!!!1 your just making our death strike heals over-healing this can be shown on fights like chim 6khps is my best normal fights im at 3khps at best why?? because healers feel the need to top the tank.
    Last edited by Domiku; 2011-04-04 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    Yeah I've been feeling we've improved a lot and a lot of people seem to like having DKs as their tanks due to the LARGE amount of healing they need to do 'apparently' :P
    But yeah, it's a lot more fun
    i fixed your post.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodless14r View Post
    i fixed your post.
    you are dumb as hell. DKs don't require any more healing than any other tanks.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Seeing some of their impressive solo capabilities, i wouldn't be too surprised.

Well since we require a lot less healing, have a bigger hp pool compared to other classes while having about the same ilvl
    and building more threat while (just have to mention this again) having insane survivability i would actually say were fine.

Improving? Well, i cant remember if it actually ever was hard to be a dk (no, never) but i think further improving
    other than the actually 4.1 notes would get us many warriortears and massive amounts of drama. again.
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Weren't DKs one of the best tanks during ICC? and currently inline with every other tank? what did they ever need to improve from?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...They haven't really been bad since launch... unless the person behind the keyboard is bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...They haven't really been bad since launch... unless the person behind the keyboard is bad...
    Yep, any bad misconceptions about them came about at the start of WotLK, I haven't seen a bad DK since back then. On the other hand, cocky pally "I'm the master of all trash mobs" so no need for cc tanks ....

DK tanks are and have been excellent, I love playing mine, but a player that knows the class well enough to tank well is not that common in pugs .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SickDuck View Post
    When were dk tanks bad?
    u GOT to be kidding right? u forgot the last part of wotlk?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love the drama between dks vs the rest of the player base xD