Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[10H] Omnitron Defense System

Hello, my guild is thinking of tackling Omnitron Defense System on heroic 10's next week and I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before we try it. I can't seem to find too much information besides the differences on heroic (each guard having one of his abilities buffed) and I'm guessing because there's pretty much only one way to do this (not including the many randomness and RNG's). I just wanna know if any of you can share any tips and tricks to make this fight just that much more enjoyable. However, I do have one question, does Nefarian randomly buff their abilities throughout the fight depending on his mood? Or are their abilities permanently buffed on heroic (ie. Acquiring Target ALWAYS roots the target)? Thanks.

Deleted
    Randomly buffed, not every ability gains the change.

95% sure >.>

not all their abilities are buffed. Only when nefarian actually does it. about every 40 sec i think. The fight basically comes down to everyone paying attention to their debuffs and calling out what they have. stay grouped as much as possible, if you're spread out and get a shadow conductor you'll wipe very quickly.

Killed this earlier tonight, a lot of doing it is how you react to certain situations. Yes he buffs abilities and I think Edea is right, about every 40seconds, meaning after a few wipes you can pretty much know what's coming next and what you should do about it. Using 4 healers helped us a hell of a lot as well. Flamethrower, shadow conductor and incineration damage is huge. If you have a dps shaman, use him, soloing the interrupts on arcanotron, preferably bring someone who can slow the slimes but not required as we did it without a slow tonight and as many classes as possible to "reset" or cooldown when targetted by flamethower. Paladins can bubble, mage iceblock, hunter feign, lock netherward. Hand of Sacrifices on targets that can't reduce the damage as well. Really a fun fight overall, although after doing V&T earlier this reset this seemed like a walk in the park..

Empowered abilities (cast on a timer by nef - bigwigs shows it), can be:

Arcanotrons pool - expands, explodes.. bad stuff, move out.
    Magmatrons flame thrower target cant move.. basically make everyone always move from the target, always, regardless of empower and tell them to stay still.. makes it easier.
    Electrons lightning conductor changes to shadow conductor which deals more damage the further away you are, stand just outside of the group if you get lightning ready to move back in, or get a priest to grip.
    Toxitron's poison cloud - nefarion will spawn in it and drag the entire raid into it - it deals damage so move out, also makesure no adds are up when this happens.. that could be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    KReally a fun fight overall, although after doing V&T earlier this reset this seemed like a walk in the park..
    Would this be easier even with a good sub rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Omnotron? What would make it easier with a good sub rogue? I don't get your point, either way, probably not, just bring good dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Omnotron? What would make it easier with a good sub rogue? I don't get your point, either way, probably not, just bring good dps.
    The sub rogue was referring to V&T which you said you had done earlier in the week and Om felt like a walk in the park by comparison.

Obviously the rogue would not be Sub for Om, only for V&T.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    V&T will be A LOT easier with sub rogue, I was the rogue in Brael's raid, was my alt with blue gear and stuff, and even with lacking gear so badly it makes it 100% easier then bringing a good non-sub rogue dps.

The main difference other than the increased health pools and damage are the special abilities Nefarian randomly grants each construct. At the beginning of the fight when there's only one construct out he will activate its special ability before the second construct comes out.
    Arcanotron: His power generator pool will increase in size and and explode dealing damage to anyone inside of it. I've found that it is survivable but will bring most players down to ~10% hp.
    Toxitron: Nefarian will 'death grip' every raid member into the last summoned cloud of toxic gas that Toxitron has created. If your tank keeps Toxitron on the edge of the gas for the 50% damage taken debuff, be warned that if Toxitron begins to cast Poison Protocol and the raid is sucked into the cloud, everyone will need a speed buff or risk dying. It may be a good idea to keep Toxitron far away from his poison clouds when you see Nefarian's timer.
    Magmatron: This one is simple, his next acquiring target won't be able to move. So instead of having that player move out of the way for flamethrower, everyone else needs to move.
    Electron: When Electron puts Lightning Conductor on a player, after 2 ticks it will turn into Shadow Conductor. The difference is that shadow conductor does damage to everyone, however, the further away you are, the more damage it does. Our solution to this is we have everybody stack in the middle (sans tanks depending on which other boss is out) and we will use a cooldown such as barrier and I believe our holy paladin uses Aura Mastery since it's shadow damage.

The two most dangerous one are Toxitron and Electron's special abilities. If not executed correctly they can quickly lead to countless wipes, however there is also some RNG factor. In some cases we've had a poison protocol AND shadow inductor going off which caused problems with everyone having to move together away from the adds.

And just to clarify, Nefarian activates special abilities on only one construct at a time every 30 or 40 seconds.

Deleted
    we downed Omnitron 10H a couple of times by now, the most important and obvious tips i can give you are:

1) stick together
    2) mark 4 positions (raidmarkers) so you can quickly call out new locations after poison explode and such
    3) dont overload the shields
    4) use the pools (most important thing off all - lets your healers keep up with their mana and brings the required dps)
    5) watch out for nefarian reversing the abilities - move out of arcanotron's pools, call out if you're rooted, shadow conductor should run out of the group, wait 2 ticks, get back

it all comes down to practising all possible combinations of golem's. if you had everything, it's all routine.
    the rng is actually pretty low in my opinion, since you can alway adjust to what my be happening depending on the active golems. obviously things like shadow conductor + security measure: incinerat are bad, but that's what raid cooldowns like aura mastery/tranq etc are for.

ps: i'd strongly not recommend bringing 4 healers - learn it with 3, i cant imagine that your dps will be enough if you are unlucky with pools (overloading, bad positioning, you have to move out because of adds fixatinng you, and so on).

pps: i'd say that omontron is a good bit easier than v+t, even with a sub rogue (downed both, speaking from experience here)

good luck!

Deleted
    It's pretty faceroll. The "Empowered" Abilities will happen once every 30sec or something. Just move between 2 marks and ur fine.

@Raven: Yeah as Heathern said, we used his alt, a blue geared rogue with some epic pvp items, I don't know if it'd be possible without a sub rogue, it'd definitely be a pain in the ass without anyway.

@Azari: What's your dpsers average dps on this fight? We beat the enrage quite comfortably by 36seconds last night with 4 healers and a couple of our dps were low compared to their usual dps. You only need 80k raid dps to beat the encounter, which really isn't that hard with 4 dps and 2 tanks.
    Last edited by Brael; 2011-04-04 at 03:08 PM.

After putting in a couple attempts on this tonight, I have a few questions again hehe. How do you guys handle interrupting Arcane Annihilator when Arcanotron isn't the current DPS target? This other question should be something I should have noted or tested but I forgot. Let's say for example construct A is up, he gets that Nefarian buff, is it possible that he'll get buffed again in that same cycle before his energy runs out? If no, it'll allow us to anticipate the NEXT buffed ability a whole lot easier. Thanks again for previous replies!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You still need two interrupters to stay focused on Arcanotron until he gets disabled. Just make sure that an interrupt land and not any auto attacks or similar (when shield is up).

The same guy wont be buffed twice in the same phase up.

we had Heroic omnotron down to 10% last night we got the feeling how the empowered abilities worked but had really bad RNG, like poison cloud on melee then poison protocol spawns then nef drags everyone in= death
    we found Electron and Toxitron combo worst esp when Electic conductor gets empowered
    another bad rng is when some1 gets Empowered flamethrower and toxitrons poison protocol on same target

For Arcanotron interrupts, if you have an Enhancement Shaman available he can solo interrupt every Arcane Annihilator with a focus macro and still DPS the primary target.

Not sure if this applies for Ele/Resto as well since I do not think they get the reduced CD talent.

poison bombs always seem to kill us when nef death grips us. what could we do to prevent this, aside from "dpsing harder"? We're 5/13

prot war
    prot pala

resto sham
    holy priest
    holy pala

surv hunter
    shadow priest
    mut rogue
    and 2 other dps that we always seem to shuffle around (or even pug because we can't find 2 dps that aren't retarded and consistently show up for raid on time) seems to be a warlock (afflic or destro, dont know) and a fury warrior or frost DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    poison bombs always seem to kill us when nef death grips us. what could we do to prevent this, aside from "dpsing harder"? We're 5/13

prot war
    prot pala

resto sham
    holy priest
    holy pala

surv hunter
    shadow priest
    mut rogue
    and 2 other dps that we always seem to shuffle around (or even pug because we can't find 2 dps that aren't retarded and consistently show up for raid on time) seems to be a warlock (afflic or destro, dont know) and a fury warrior or frost DK.
    Bring toxitron to a corner as far away from ranged as you can. and slow the protocols down.