Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't mean to bump this post with a silly question, which can probably be answered by people who have done this on regular too, but do DoT's contribute to the shields when the constructs are below 50 energy or is it just direct damage? By now, I'm pretty sure pets do contribute to shield damage, but can someone let me know for sure. Thanks!

Deleted
    DoTs only damage the shield if they have been applied after the shield appeared.Those that were on target before wont matter.And yes pets damage the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I don't mean to bump this post with a silly question, which can probably be answered by people who have done this on regular too, but do DoT's contribute to the shields when the constructs are below 50 energy or is it just direct damage? By now, I'm pretty sure pets do contribute to shield damage, but can someone let me know for sure. Thanks!
    It depends on the shield. Direct damage is required to trigger every shield except Magmatron. Magmatron's shield does nothing unless you deal a certain amount of damage to it before it falls off, in which case it blows up the raid and wipes you. The other sheilds block infinity incoming damage, but any direct attacks (pets included) will guaranteed proc them.

This fight is REALLY easy in theory and annoying in reality. I mean, there isn't anything actually difficult, its very straight forward. The trick to killing it is simply to start wiping to it so your raid can learn to respond quickly to the various combinations of abilities. For example, we had issue with Incinerate at the same time as Shadow Conductor. Its a long fight and you just need to master execution which happens easily with practice.
    Silhouette - 10 Man Raiding, US-Sargeras

This is a really easy fight as soon as you realize it's not a dps race. Use prismatic elixirs, respec for survivability and just communicate well. It's a 12 minute enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riexau View Post
    This is a really easy fight as soon as you realize it's not a dps race. Use prismatic elixirs, respec for survivability and just communicate well. It's a 12 minute enrage.
    Its a 10 minute enrage but you are correct that its still not a huge dps race.