10+ Year Old Account

How fast Could you level?

How fast could you level a priest from 1 to 85. Would it keep your interest? I've gotten all other classes to atleast 40 with 4 being at max level and I have never touched a priest (No sexual pun intend). I'm really excited about leveling one, because it's something brand new. With the Bind on Account Helm, Cloak, Shoulders, Chest, and staff along with a max level guild, how long do you think it might take? Not leveling proffesions along the way or anything. Just straight leveling. And is priest leveling difficult. Do they kill stuff slower than other class. Just a few questions I'm wondering and hoping to get some good answers.

Thanks guys and gals for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well im also new too the priest world, ive been leveling one since friday and ive just hit 70 you will find dungeons exp is bloody awesome lol in the 60's i was getting 1000 exp a mob thats with no rest by the way, im just working on doing all the heroics for outlands then ill starting leveling again to 80.

I leveled with a smite and atonement build to 70, but now im healing with bubbles and PoH in dungeons for a change of pace, i got shadow as an off spec but im enjoying disc too much.
    Last edited by starkey; 2011-04-03 at 11:52 PM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Around 2.5-3 days seems very possible. I leveled my warlock up very recently from 40 (got up to 40 before 4.0 hit) and I had just under 4 days played when I hit 85. That included quite some downtime in orgrimmar as well.

Probably 2-5 days(without full BoAs), all depends on the 72-80 area where I lose motivation, get bored and usually re-roll.. :/

Leveling a Priest isn't any more difficult or slower than other classes, just start as either disc or holy to level, then shadow when you get some decent mana-back talents(around 50-60 ish?).

For maximum XP, from my experience, it's best to do every dungeon once for the quests(if it has any), and quest in between.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-04-03 at 11:57 PM.

I'm willing to bet if I played straight through I could get from 1-85 in about 3 days. I've leveled so many toons I can't even remember. I dont like 85 pve or pvp right now so i spend my time leveling toons and deleting them..over and over just to pvp on.

I don't know what the dude above me is talking about because starting out at disc or holy is 100 times slower than shadow. FIRST of all...you can heal any dungeons as shadow until you hit outlands or so...probably even then too. Second...shadow is much much faster and mana isnt a problem unless youre a retard. You get talents that give you mana back when you SW and at 25 you get glyph of spirit tap. And buddy..water doesnt cost that much and it takes 5 seconds to get full mana back. Pretty sure you can kill at least 20 mobs with a full mana bar now...try lvling a priest 4 years ago...

Don't go holy or disc...do it at 30 when you get dual spec then do every dungeon once for the quests and continue questing as SHADOW.

I can't even believe someone would suggest going disc or holy off the bat. Holy is esp terrible with mana and disc well...what the hell do you need to heal yourself for some much while questing? You're going to use half your mana trying to kill something as holy.

K, end ramblings.
    Last edited by doodlehed; 2011-04-04 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlehed View Post
    I don't know what the dude above me is talking about because starting out at disc or holy is 100 times slower than shadow. FIRST of all...you can heal any dungeons as shadow until you hit outlands or so...probably even then too. Second...shadow is much much faster and mana isnt a problem unless youre a retard. You get talents that give you mana back when you SW and at 25 you get glyph of spirit tap. And buddy..water doesnt cost that much and it takes 5 seconds to get full mana back. Pretty sure you can kill at least 20 mobs with a full mana bar now...try lvling a priest 4 years ago...

Don't go holy or disc...do it at 30 when you get dual spec then do every dungeon once for the quests and continue questing as SHADOW.

I can't even believe someone would suggest going disc or holy off the bat. Holy is esp terrible with mana and disc well...what the hell do you need to heal yourself for some much while questing? You're going to use half your mana trying to kill something as holy.
    Because if you've played a low level Shadow Priest lately(with the "try lvling a priest 4 years ago..." it sounds like you haven't, and yes, I did), and you try multi-dotting you'll be oom - And we all know dungeons anywhere up to 80 are a mass pull aoe fest.(or Multi-dotting for Spriests)

When solo leveling, if you're trying to go fast, you'll be pulling as much as you can as quick as you can, again, multi-dotting. Whereas Holy or Disc, you can heal your way up(dungeons, which you'll be doing mostly), whilst still killing things as fast(if not faster) than shadow single-target for the few levels you need to quest. Penance ticks do more than my Mind Flay, but even faster.

So up to you, you can be sat on your arse all the time, or kill things single-target faster, without going oom.

As for Spriest mana;
    • The (maxed)Talents for mana back from SW;D is level 43.
    • You can't get glyphs until 25.
    • Water does nothing for decently geared players.(1.9k mana out of my 4k mana pool over 30seconds - 5seconds to fill, right)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-04-04 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Made it more readable.

i leveled one pre cata and before they re designed the talent trees and it was a PITA and i only had chest shoulders and staff boa

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, Sounds good. Once i get my mage to 85, I'll definetly start one up!

10+ Year Old Account
    dont know about priests but my human hunt took about a week total

I have a level 66 priest with 1 day 1 hour played. he has 450/Engi. No sleep + V = Pain, but VERY fast progression.

Spriests are good for leveling, but the hardest is 1 - 32. SWD is your ONLY source of mana regen, and I kill things in under 3 - 4 seconds even at my level, but it's very mana intensive. I can go oom if I go too fast which is harsh.

All in all, spreist has been quite quick, but no way the fastest to level.

This is coming from a severe altoholic.

No dungeons were done, I only quest. I also never logged off.
    Last edited by Cowpunch; 2011-04-04 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Edit for OP.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

could get a priest to 60 in about 15 hours solid gameplay

then to 80 with another 9 then to 85 with about 6

so all up 30 hours gamep[lay
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Takes me a little less than 2 weeks to get from 60-85, though I haven't done the entire grind with full heirlooms that are available now, so would likely take a lot less time now.

For a priest, though, idk. You can't solo a lot of things which means you can't really do Nagrand or Dragonblight elites without some help. But it will make a world of difference will full heirlooms and a knowledge of the class.

5 days is too fast for me :P But overall, not gonna take you more than a couple weeks if you forgo the responsibilities on your main (like not doing a random hc or dailies).
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do a bit of hardcore playing, and stop as soon as I hit 60. Hellfire is just a wall : /
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlehed View Post
    ...starting out at disc or holy is 100 times slower than shadow.
    Disc to 30 is easy mode for questing and healing (did it back in January). Not so great for dungeon dps only because you go oom quickly (but it is decent dps). Plus, if you're rolling on PvP server, Disc is hard to kill. I agree that you'll eventually want Shadow for dps at 30 but until then Disc is viable and fun!

1 - 59 RAF just recruit 2 dummy accounts level all 3 via multibox and grant levels so under 6hs
    59 - 73 via instance leveling (boosting on another account) 6-8hs
    73 - 80 via call to arms pvp battleground on weekends only 7hs (if lucky wins)
    80 - 85 15hs

you can probs do it quicker but that's what I do just gives you some verity. if your really lazy go on ebay plenty of people ditching wow for rift selling accounts there lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest is fun for the most part. There could be a time when you find yourself in a "dead" zone, where no new abilities are earned and you're just waiting to add the last 2 talent points to your highest talent. Shadow is very easy and great fun to level up with. Holy is a bit of a pain, unless you are doing dungeons mostly. Discipline I believe is also fun and easy to level up with, either in dungeons or by quests.

Having had a lot of priest experience and with ranged casters aswell I find it a bit dull. But for someone who has only melee characters or is starting WoW fresh - leveling a priest could be a lot of fun. If you have a main with some gold and points - buy some heirloom items, kick some buts in battlegrounds. I have seen some incredible performances by shadow priests in every single battleground bracket.

Overall: PvE is fun for the most part, PvP is always great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    could get a priest to 60 in about 15 hours solid gameplay

then to 80 with another 9 then to 85 with about 6

so all up 30 hours gamep[lay
    Nice trolling there. 24 hours to 80.... maybe.

6 hours from 80-85? No way in hell (unless you have a whole group of friends on standby for some "Forscience" style leveling).

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Nice trolling there. 24 hours to 80.... maybe.

6 hours from 80-85? No way in hell (unless you have a whole group of friends on standby for some "Forscience" style leveling).
    It's possible(with the help as you said), but highly unlikely, so he's not trolling.