10+ Year Old Account

Holy + Evangelism/Archangel

So I'm debating on whether I should try out the Holy + Evangelism/Archangel builds; I haven't yet because I think that it would be way more situational and maybe a loss in healing since I have to smite 5 times to get Archangel. Has anyone tried this build, liked it and actually use it on a regular basis during raids? Have you seen a loss on healing because of it, or does the healing increase make up for it? What are my fellow priests opinions even if you haven't tried it, why not?
    [/CENTER]

if you would look at the holy thread there is already an active discussion going on about this same topic....no need for a new thread
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

It's probably not a bad idea to have all the talk about this in one thread instead of cluttering up the other one. Several us have been talking about this lately. I don't really see any holy priests running with this spec. Several used to but don't anymore and I'm not sure why they gave it up....Mazi for example. It would be nice to hear from them.

I just dropped my shadow offspec to give this a try this week. Honestly, I see this more for normal/farm content and not progression. These are the fights where I am going to give it a try on: Council, Cho'gall, Omnitron, Heroic Maloriak, and Nefarian. The other fights that we do on heroic (Halfus, Atramedes, Magmaw, and Chimaeron) I just don't see spending the mana or GCD's on DPS for the buff to be worth it or ideal at all. I'll let you know what I think after this week.

P.S. I am logged out with the spec and gear I will be using. I had to swap out a few things to keep my haste at a level where my PoH would remain at 2.2 seconds since I lost two points in Darkness.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ariahna/simple
    Last edited by Ariahna; 2011-04-04 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to link it to me Plated? I haven't seen it around :/ DO close this thread if its deemed necessary. ty.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    It's not really worth it as a holy. You have to spend ~11 seconds casting just to get that 15% buff - and it's a net mana loss, not a gain. I wouldn't bother with AA as holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

Granted I normally play disc but I've gotten to mess around with it a few times and I had fun. Didn't notice a decrease in my performance or healing output and it was nice having archangel for times I know require more healing. I usually don't spam smite 5x in a row, I'll get a smite in here smite in there. I try to always be casting something and with this spec it's easy to fill the short gaps between heals with smite.

Mikayo, why no SoL? If there was ever a holy build that would use it, I would think the AA/holy spec would be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree =P I will pick up SoL the next time I think I'm going to play holy. Nice catch ^.^
    (going to switch to your spec minus rapid renewal + 2nd inspiration point)
    Last edited by Mikayo; 2011-04-04 at 07:26 PM.

I never played Holy AA, but thanks for bringing me up! I think I talked about it a while ago and considered it but in the end it's just 1 more thing to worry about... might be more viable in 4.1 since we don't have to keep Chakra up anymore.

If you can successfully keep it up and use it at the right times then it's good - you only have to smite every 20 seconds, not 5 in a row. If you can't keep up the buff then just don't bother with it. Regular Holy Specs are more than viable enough for raiding
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I never played Holy AA, but thanks for bringing me up! I think I talked about it a while ago and considered it but in the end it's just 1 more thing to worry about... might be more viable in 4.1 since we don't have to keep Chakra up anymore.
    Here is where that came from, I know it probably seems confusing, but it was in another thread. Your name was brought up by Kel.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post10957464

I'm going to give it a shot this week just so I have first hand knowledge and experience to base my decision on, but honestly, I don't expect to be impressed. I think I'll have better results improving my Inner Will/Fire dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    Here is where that came from, I know it probably seems confusing, but it was in another thread. Your name was brought up by Kel.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post10957464

I'm going to give it a shot this week just so I have first hand knowledge and experience to base my decision on, but honestly, I don't expect to be impressed. I think I'll have better results improving my Inner Will/Fire dancing.
    Ah gotcha. Yeah a while ago I brought it up in the Holy Priest thread to discuss it but never picked it up.

I just had to pick up Disc for Heroic Nef and find that sometimes it can be tough to keep the stacks up for when you need the AA - at least when tank healing but it'd be different for raid healing I guess... why did I even bring this up? Who knows.. I'm tired.. lol
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest