10+ Year Old Account

Could this FINALLY fix Chaos Bolt?

so i was thinking last night, what if Chaos bolt was a bit more, well exciting?

I thought, what if Chaos bolt had a 15% chance to grant you one soul shard and reset the cool down of soul burn?

it would mean a small chance to basically grant an instant Soul Fire. i beleive 4% from imp is not enough.

this would make Chaos bolt more attractive to use, make the destro rotation more fluid with a few more instant soul fires thrown in.

and even give destro that burst boost it needs in pvp........

thoughts anyone?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    i don't like the idea, it's the same thing as improved imp.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah after thinking about it more..... but then there's options of insta demo summon, portal speed boost, health stone.... it's not JUST for soul fire.....

Deleted
    It should be Chaos damage like it was supposed to be..

I actually had an idea on this, though I can kind of admit that it would be rather impractical.

Chaos Bolt: Fires a bolt of chaotic fire at the target, dealing xx shadowflame damage and increasing the damage of Immolate by 20% for 15 seconds. This effect is consumed when you cast an Incinerate spell. If this effect or Immolate is dispelled, the target will lose x% of its mana over 6 seconds.
    2.2 second cast time. x% of base mana, 40 yard range

Incinerate: Deals xx fire damage to your target and reduces the cooldown of Conflagrate by 1 second.
    2 second cast time. x% of base mana, 40 yard range

Talents, of course would be changed to reflect this. My intent with this idea was so that Chaos Bolt wasn't worthless, and so we got a spammable green fire spell, while still making an Incinerate rotations viable, and providing dispel protection.

Not sure about a such a shard return mechanism being appropriate for chaos bolt, but certainly I feel the current shard mechanism is rather poor.
    We are the only class who has a cooldown potentially and frequently limited in number instead of only on frequency of use.
    It is also one we have to work to earn back, unlike everyone else.

needs a damage boost in general, as well as incinerate.

I have heard someone say that CB should make the next SF instant and i liked that idea quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not sure about a such a shard return mechanism being appropriate for chaos bolt, but certainly I feel the current shard mechanism is rather poor.
    We are the only class who has a cooldown potentially and frequently limited in number instead of only on frequency of use.
    It is also one we have to work to earn back, unlike everyone else.
    I would not call getting soul shards back "work" at all. It's rather simple: I never really have to use Soul Harvest to get soul shards, seeing that the spell works perfectly in conjunction with Life Tap.