Thread: Sinestra 10M

10+ Year Old Account

Sinestra 10M

i just had a look at wow progression and i must be reading it wrong but is there only 9 guilds world wide that have downed Sinestra 10M????

25m is hard and only for the pros

lolololol

Don't do dat. Infracted.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-04-04 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    i just had a look at wow progression and i must be reading it wrong but is there only 9 guilds world wide that have downed Sinestra 10M????
    hell yeah only 6 with 13/13 too, hmmmm trying to balance 10 and 25m= fail hard

The fight is tuned considerably differently, and arguably, much more difficult in 10man. Whether this is on purpose or a design oversight by Blizzard isn't entirely clear.

The primary issue appears to be the fact that Wrack hits the entire raid, unlike in 25man where just over half the raid gets it, because the mechanics of wrack are identical in 10man despite the fewer number of players. Again, not sure if this is intentional or not.... Blizzard has remained silent.

All that said, I will blow everything up if this turns into a 10man vs. 25man thread. All of it will blow up. All of it.

I'm amused by the fact that 25s are actually, in a sense, easier, because they have slightly more room for error than a 10 man.

DPS dies in a 25? There's 10 more to pick up his slack.

DPS dies in a 10? You just lost 15% of your damage.

Already warned about 10man vs. 25man baiting.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-04-04 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hykon View Post
    Read my sig that is all
    Unless you asked the people who raided in vanilla. Then 40 mans are all that matters and 25's are crap. Did you not see what the mod said right above your post. Please keep the 10m V 25m Basing to your little circle of basement dwelling hobbit friends.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hykon View Post
    Read my sig that is all
    Reading must be hard.

OT: The US first Sinestra 10 kill is up for grabs. Get it while it's pre-nerfed! There are some pretty good strat videos up for it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by derecha View Post
    I'm amused by the fact that 25s are actually, in a sense, easier, because they have slightly more room for error than a 10 man.

DPS dies in a 25? There's 10 more to pick up his slack.

DPS dies in a 10? You just lost 15% of your damage.
    Also this. If you lose one dps b4 Phase 3 u can kiss the fight goodbye, most platforms only have one reliable inturupt, and if one dies, wipe, reset.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Unless you asked the people who raided in vanilla. Then 40 mans are all that matters and 25's are crap. Did you not see what the mod said right above your post. Please keep the 10m V 25m Basing to your little circle of basement dwelling hobbit friends.
    This is an insult to hobbit-kind! Now if you'll excuse me I must be going, it's almost time for elevensies.

I'd say orbs is more bullshit then wrack tbh. We can handle wrack fairly well now, we are getting close to a kill too...another US first would be nice but our preist healer gotten eat by a crocodile today soooooo we might be SoL.

But it's possible. Just stupid hard, I bet 3-4 nerfs Hit this fight before 4.2. Also; no one is killing it anymore if 4.1 goes live Tuesday unless something changes. Have a shadow preist dispell is an absolute MUST

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    hell yeah only 6 with 13/13 too, hmmmm trying to balance 10 and 25m= fail hard
    It's mostly because there are more hardcore guilds doing 25 mans. I'm not sure if there is a Paragon/Ensida/FTH/etc. equivalent 10 man guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozyk View Post
    It's mostly because there are more hardcore guilds doing 25 mans. I'm not sure if there is a Paragon/Ensida/FTH/etc. equivalent 10 man guild.
    Just enjoy your playing has stretches of 12 hours between progression kills on the same day. Many of the top Korean guilds run ten mans, and they raid like you'd expect professional Koreans to raid, however, despite their skill and dedication, they barely managed to crack the top 50 worldwide in 10+25 content.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
    Just enjoy your playing has stretches of 12 hours between progression kills on the same day. Many of the top Korean guilds run ten mans, and they raid like you'd expect professional Koreans to raid, however, despite their skill and dedication, they barely managed to crack the top 50 worldwide in 10+25 content.
    Trust me, I'm not arguing that 10 and 25 are even remotely equal, I'm simply pointing out another reason why there are more progressed 25 man guilds. I don't have any numbers nor statistics, but I'd guess that for the total number of 25 man guilds that raid seriously, and total 10 man guilds that raid seriously, the percentages of both that are 13/13 are probably close, but certainly in favor of 25 mans.

Also, no matter which way you cut it, a person who wants to raid very seriously will more than likely be in a 25 man guild; Korean guilds seem to be an exception to this, however. And just to clarify before people get upset, this is certainly not to say there aren't many serious, talented, and dedicated raiders who would rather do the 10 man version of raid content. It would seem very clear from looking at the total number of guilds on wowprogress, however, that most flock toward 25 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    I'd say orbs is more bullshit then wrack tbh. We can handle wrack fairly well now, we are getting close to a kill too...another US first would be nice but our preist healer gotten eat by a crocodile today soooooo we might be SoL.

But it's possible. Just stupid hard, I bet 3-4 nerfs Hit this fight before 4.2. Also; no one is killing it anymore if 4.1 goes live Tuesday unless something changes. Have a shadow preist dispell is an absolute MUST
    Np, mass dispel will fix

I believe a few top 10-20 guilds have spoke to the fact they have killed it on 10 too. I remember a gentlemens club member posting a post on a topic similar to this one about them having killed it. I think the main issue is talent. The best players in the world perfer 25 mans that just how it is. overtuned or not.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    I believe a few top 10-20 guilds have spoke to the fact they have killed it on 10 too. I remember a gentlemens club member posting a post on a topic similar to this one about them having killed it. I think the main issue is talent. The best players in the world perfer 25 mans that just how it is. overtuned or not.
    Would love to see a link to that post... as of right now, it's heresay really, because none of the current tracking sites (which could be bugged, admittedly, however unlikely) seem to support this.

Yeah this isn't true at all lol.

there's a reason 10 mans keep getting separate nerfs from 25 mans, I shouldn't have to spell it out for you. This fight will get at least 2-3 nerfs. Wrack and orbs don't scale to 10 man at all, it's simple math

so a guild the calibur of Gentleman's Club gets a US first kill, and they don't fraps it, they don't log it, they don't even take a screenshot? all they do is make a post on a forum that then gets buried so no one can find it? The level of incompetance you're assuming from those raiders is quite frankly insulting.

Deleted
    There are only 7 guilds that've killed Sinestra 10man in the World.

1 Just Enjoy your Playing Azshara-KR Mar 11, 2011
    2 The Eurasia Azshara-KR Mar 12, 2011
    3 *화여대 무용과 신입* Norgannon-KR Mar 20, 2011
    4 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 닭 Dalaran-KR Mar 26, 2011
    5 Natalis Cenarius-KR Mar 29, 2011
    6 Prophecy Jaedenar-EU Apr 3, 2011
    (from guildox.com)
    + The Brazilian Guild.