Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    4Anyasha: I mean Destro can do damage, but because of Havoc, when you use it on Maloriak in green phase, that will do BRUTAL amount of bonus damage. Most of Demolock play it on that encounter because AoE, no because damage to Maloriak. I mean nobody can do same damage to Aberrations like Demo Warlock.

PS: RoF will sux on fight like that with bonus damage too, it is not spell for movement adds, you will lose damage everytime you must replace it on another place, move every time black pool spawn, and cant use efectively Shadowflame, because adds move fast, and you must stay and channel RoF. That spell need some redesign, no only damage boost, every other AoEs start tick faster, you can channel RoF and you wait cca 1-2s for first tick.

4Geomatician: You cant sim fight like Maloriak, yes, you can maybe give in it some adds, BUT in that fight especially low Demon form uptime, you dont use it on CD, but when you need, because lot of AoE, you cant lower AoE Meta CD efectively. But yes, how i say before, our stats are close each other, and in some situations can Mastery skip another one, now, when I have haste soft cap (30% in raid) is mastery > Crit and Haste.

PS: I must teach with sim too
    Last edited by Morath; 2011-04-05 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyasha View Post
    Sorry, bro, guess I didn't realize the sheer awesomeness that is you. The game lets you by-pass loading screens, tp directly onto the reforger, who also hands you the gems, and then you tp back to the next boss ready to go! I'm sure you also have tons of OS pieces to replace all of that mastery-heavy and hit/haste-light gear you're wearing for when you take a real spec on any other fight.

The OP asked for comments regarding hMaloriak. He did not state he would only use Demo - no idea where you got that. My comment that it is not necesary to be Demo for this fight was in relation to others stating that it was, indeed, mandatory.

You then made a totally valid comment about mastery being useful for Demos on this fight, especially for Aberrations. That is totally correct. However, the fact remains, one does not *need* to be Demo in the first place. And, yes, I went back and made sure I was looking at heroic. The disparity is stronger there, you are correct.

It remains a point of raid comp. Does your raid need more dmg to the aberrations (choose Demo) or to Maloriak and the swills (choose Destro or Aff). Further, does your raid already have multiple demo locks (and boomkins, firemages)? If yes, then the comparative advantage for each one individually is diminished drastically. The adds have a set amount of health. If you are rolling as Demo almost exclusively due to the hinging, pivotal 15sec of bursty aberration damage done, then it will be more effective over the course of the whole fight to change a Demo lock for another spec. After all that though, if you go in as Demo, then, by all means, reforge and regem your little heart out as mastery would indeed be the best secondary stat for the purporses of your role in this encounter.

Not sure why you are so vehement in the first place, Geomatician. I've never implied you were wrong, rather that your advice, despite you attempting to make it seem like Warlock raiding law for this encounter, is not applicable to any and every raid situation.
    So looking for tips on this. I have read different things.

- Do you use your main aoe CDs on the vile swirls or on green phase ads ? (Felstorms, Meta + imo aura etc)
    - Do you try and wiggle yourself a spot in melee range for melee range spells or does that causse issues with pools on the floor ?
    - I have read some posts about single targetting / dotting up all swirls, and using the aoe CDs on green phase... > ?
    - Has Forbearance from Hand of Guldan been a problem for you guys ? Should i spec out of it so tank can kite better ?

Any other tips you wanna share ?
    Thanks in advance

Read again

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    So looking for tips on this. I have read different things.

- Do you use your main aoe CDs on the vile swirls or on green phase ads ? (Felstorms, Meta + imo aura etc)
    - Do you try and wiggle yourself a spot in melee range for melee range spells or does that causse issues with pools on the floor ?
    - I have read some posts about single targetting / dotting up all swirls, and using the aoe CDs on green phase... > ?
    - Has Forbearance from Hand of Guldan been a problem for you guys ? Should i spec out of it so tank can kite better ?

Any other tips you wanna share ?
    Thanks in advance

Read again
    I only raid 10man but the time elapsed should be pretty similar and this is how I do (Im not super hardcore and minmax everything, just wanna give an insight in my cd management)

First, I go demo for maloriak.
    On pull don't pop anything just do regular rotation
    When black phase start immolate swirls/continue on boss until adds are gathered then literally pop everything (meta, felstorm, demonsoul, imo aura) and then keep shadowflame on cd while hellfiring, depending on dps you will have felstorm again just before adds die so pop it again to finnish em off

Now in red and blue phase save everything except the first felstorm that come off cd (but not the second time you wanna save that!)
    You should now have everything up again for green phase so pop it and burn the adds.

Ok so now you dont have anything for the blackphase so just keep shadowflame on cd and hellfire while dodging sludges and pop felstorm when it comes off cd. You can use 1 more felstorm during red+blue phase while waiting for next green
    Last green phase pop everything and finnish the adds before resuming to push boss to kill phase.

When you have come this far you just have to stand in middle, dodge blue spheres and mash your buttons as hard as you can prepare to insta summon new pet if it dies though but really this is a pretty straight forward fight.

Hope there isnt that huge difference between 10 and 25man timers so I wont get flamed and GL