Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Measuring your IQ is really rather pointless, but good fun I guess.

Just don't fool yourself. I've had people turn up to job interviews, telling me all their degrees, diplomas, pass rates and IQ. I ask them a question, that to me and my division is rather simple, and they can't answer it. It is a shame that we believe the ability to store information in our heads if intelligence, when we have computers that can do it much better, faster and really, cheaper also!

Humans should be creators, not storage devices.

Deleted
    Unfortunately OP, most good IQ tests are payed. Or done in special institutions.

On net you really can't differentiate between good and bad unless you're an expert.

And last, IQ number is just that, a number. It shows ability to deduct some patterns, so in general it shows that you can see how events go enough to make a pattern but nothing more. One of the Mensa people for example was a stripper so... yea.

And the test someone linked... most of us seem to approach mensa level. I got 126 myself on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    Doing well on an IQ test proves you are good at taking IQ tests. Their is no realistic measure of intelligence, much less can some random "brain-teaser" decide who is genius or above-average. IQ tests were a fad in the 90s because they were chic and relevant, now...not so much.
    That being said just about everyone who is very successful ( where the skill of your mind is involved to excel ) has a high IQ but ironically not everyone with a high IQ is successful

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    That being said just about everyone who is very successful ( where the skill of your mind is involved to excel ) has a high IQ but ironically not everyone with a high IQ is successful
    I'm sure that would be very easy to disprove with 30 minutes of research.

As another "apparent genius" (definitely not) I will shoot down anyone who tells me they are any level of successful, intelligent, etc. based on their IQ score. There are a million other reasons and some man-constructed number that is effectively your ability to recognize patterns (that you can be trained to) cannot be applied in any heavy manner elsewhere. Pattern-finding and problem solving can be useful in a lot of situations but it isn't as simple as a psychiatrists IQ test will make it out to be.

The real IQ test is understanding that:

1) Online IQ tests aren't accurate.
    2) Actual IQ tests cost money.
    3) It won't do anything except get you into a club, where you pay money to... do nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The real IQ test is understanding that:

2) Actual IQ tests cost money.
    3) It won't do anything except get you into a club, where you pay money to... do nothing!
    Uh, what? I didn't have to pay anything extra for mine done at the psychiatry. Neither would it get you into a club, only doing one at Mensa would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Uh, what? I didn't have to pay anything extra for mine done at the psychiatry. Neither would it get you into a club, only doing one at Mensa would.
    It was supposed to be a joke. ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Here are the best free IQ tests:
    http://www.treningmozga.com/tests_iq_en.html

To get accurate results, select the normal IQ test.

There are no good online IQ tests because part of a proper IQ test is analysing your work and timing your answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not necro old threads