Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations
    * swap your Healing Wave glyph for Glyph of Stoneclaw (16k absorb shield on a 20 sec CD)
    Does stoneclaw not taunt the boss? (sorry, kind of a noobie question to be asking... But, Just want to make sure.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundayz View Post
    Does stoneclaw not taunt the boss? (sorry, kind of a noobie question to be asking... But, Just want to make sure.)
    It does not.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, well before we condemn crit for having inferior throughput, one must factor in several things ive yet to see the current spreadsheets factor in:
    -mana returns from crit allow the user to reallocate spirit to other secondarys
    -if you take Telluric Currents (which you should) crit and haste affect your regen rate, mastery doesnt
    -crit procs for Ancestral Fortitude (really only applicable for raid healers)
    -mastery is only more effective on low hp targets, and doesnt affect AoE heals yet

1) crit replaces spirit... you allocate spirit to crit. but for your prime throughput, you still use haste and mastery
    2) TC not needed for any fight, but yes, if you do use it, then haste/crit will be more advantageous
    3) moot point, it reduces physical damage, extreme majority of raid damage is magical.
    4) mastery already affects all our aoe heals, and is more effective vs crit on high hp targets, not low. vs low hp targets, mastery wipes the floor with crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyhealz View Post
    Ok, well before we condemn crit for having inferior throughput, one must factor in several things ive yet to see the current spreadsheets factor in:
    -mana returns from crit allow the user to reallocate spirit to other secondarys
    -if you take Telluric Currents (which you should) crit and haste affect your regen rate, mastery doesnt
    -crit procs for Ancestral Fortitude (really only applicable for raid healers)
    -mastery is only more effective on low hp targets, and doesnt affect AoE heals yet
    It's already been condemned based on testing. Crit is not a throughput stat, it's purely regen and you get better throughput for haste/mastery.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is your most important stat until 916, then it becomes your least desirable stat. After that mastery is top. But don't ever let your spirit go below 2K if you can help it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Haste is your most important stat until 916, then it becomes your least desirable stat. After that mastery is top. But don't ever let your spirit go below 2K if you can help it.
    I entirely disagree, take TC, you can get by with significantly less spirit, the only reason to stack that much spirit is if your raid relies on your Mana Tide for a large amount of regen.

And as for crit being mathematically inferior, those were all points that are NOT factored into the models I have seen, which makes the conclusion that crit is inferior invalid until someone models those points. As for crit replacing spirit, I do agree that that does occur, but all the models I have seen count 1:1 mastery to crit, but there should be more crit because crit can replace spirit, mastery cannot. I also have not seen a model that incorporates a realistic model of players hp, as mastery efficiency is dependent upon that. I do not deny that there is one, but I have not seen it. If anyone has, please post a link.

What it comes down to for me is that on fights where there is often compensatable raid damage going (eg Atramedes, Magmaw, Valiona and Theralon) crit seems to work better because they are at a high level of health nearly the entire time, usually around 80%, which is terrible for mastery, but mastery does have a definite advantage for high damage single target heals

Shammyheals:

Here's a thread with all the math you need to say that Mastery > Crit (Clicky).

Yes, it is true that Crit will become more valuable if you run TC. However, no encounter requires you to have this talent and succeed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Shammyheals:

Here's a thread with all the math you need to say that Mastery > Crit (Clicky).

Yes, it is true that Crit will become more valuable if you run TC. However, no encounter requires you to have this talent and succeed.

This. Ive never used TC, but then again, I have not had mana problems since the first two weeks of Cata. It also helps that my 25 man has me and another resto shammy for mana tide, and we have 6 druids for innervates. Ahhaha