Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VernichterEX View Post
    Does anyone feel like Blizzard is really dragging their feet on this patch, and on WoW in general?

I'll admit that I haven't done much PvE this expansion (I barely even bother running my heroics anymore), besides Baradin Hold every week. *The content seems stale already at 85. *

No, I'm not. I felt that way during WotLK so I quit for half a year. I haven't quit Cata yet. Why did I quit during WotLK? Because Naxx was boring. It wasn't fun at all. The graphics were lifeless and dull, the undead theme was boring and cliche, and the boss fights all had extremely unimaginative and boring mechanics. And it lasted far too long because everyone was finished with that place within a couple weeks. Sartharion was fun with 2D or 3D, but far too simple with 0D. Malygos was boring and the final phase was poorly implemented.

Contrastingly, the new raids are amazing. Every boss is fun. Some are among the most fun bosses ever created like Al'Akir and Magmaw. I'm having a blast taking several toons through these raids. I'm not ready for a new patch, TBH, because I'm not done with this set of raids. Most people aren't. Most people haven't even killed Cho'gall, let alone Nefarian. Sure, some people are done with all the hard modes, but they are in the EXTREME minority and they, quite frankly, don't count for anything. They represent far too small a portion of the population to matter for anything.

The fact that you haven't done any PVE this expansion leads me to ask you why you even made this thread? The new raids are amazingly fun. If you haven't done them, why are you complaining about WoW in general? That's absurd. Absolutely absurd. How can you complain about a game you've never played?

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    The vast majority of the raiding population isn't even close to finished the current tier, which is likely a big reason why they're not rushing the release of Firelands.

Something tells me you're probably not one of the top 100 guilds currently farming 13 heroic bosses to warrant such an opinion. I mean, even if you were, there's still A TON of people that need (and deserve) more time.
    There most definitely is not 100 guilds farming 13 / 13 heroic. More like... 10 at most. Most realms don't even have a guild that has 13 / 13 yet.

IMO blizz is not doing the right thing and are resting on there laurels here. This is gonna be a big year in mmos with Rift, Guild Wars 2, and The Old Republic. Theres gonna be alot of competition this year and blizz needs to up there game.

10+ Year Old Account
    wotlk at release:

Naxx: 15 bosses (16 if you include biggles)
    EOE: 1 boss
    Voa: 1 boss

Both 10 and 25 man so 36 encounters each week.

Cataclysm:

BWD: 6 bosses
    Throne of the four winds: 2 bosses
    Bastion of twilight: 4/5 bosses
    Baradin hold: 1 boss

one encounter per boss per week = 13 encounters

that a bit less than a third of the amount of killable boss encounters, and while Half of wotlk's encounters were the same, due to 10/25, it still gave players something to do.

One of the reasons I found cata to be lacking at release is the lack of boss encounters/week, 13 is ridiculously low IMO.

(the others being archaeology, SSDD, and just having other stuff to do)

1-60 revamp doesn't interest me a bit so cata wasn't something for me, and unless blizzard does some extraordanary stuff, wow will stay off my hard drive
    Also I levelled a character, and except for westfall, I didn't even find the quests better, just more theme parked.

Of course this is personal so if you like cata, by all means enjoy it to the fullest and have fun in zul'gurub/aman

Quote Originally Posted by MFDangerDOOM View Post
    Even if this is true, I can't help but feel and view it as blizzard being lazy and once again doing a nice and pretty recycle job.
    They did a really good job with the Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep so I don't see why this would be any different. If anything, it'll probably be even better.

ZA and ZG are sort of the FoS, PoS and HoR (Lich King heroics) of Cataclysm. I think it's smart of them to release it before the second raid tier, instead of later in the expansion.

Anyways, as stated already, most guilds aren't even 12/12 normal yet, so why would they release Firelands already?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is not competition for WoW. It has no name recognition. It has no built in fanbase. The company behind it has no clout, has no legacy. It's shovelware and will be dead within months.

GW2 is not competition for WoW.

ToR will fail. Bioware has some skill at crafting worlds, stories, and characters. Bioware has no skill at all in crafting compelling gameplay.

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Both 10 and 25 man so 36 encounters each week.
    That was the worst aspect of WotLK, an expansion that had nothing positive about it at all. Naxx was boring once a week. Twice a week and it was a soul-crushing pit of despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Okay, here is what people don't understand, 4.2 is coming out the same time 3.1 came out in wotlk compared to when the expansions were released...4.1 is extra content, stop complaining, enjoy it.
    WotLK was released on 11/13/2008.
    Patch 3.1 was releasedd on 04/14/2009.
    The period of time in between is 152 days.

Cata was release on 12/07/2010.
    Unless 4.2 comes out on or before 05/08/2011 (which really doesn't seem likely) since we're already in April and 4.1 is not out yet, then 4.2 is in fact later compared to Cata launch than 3.1 was to Wrath launch.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    WotLK was released on 11/13/2008.
    Patch 3.1 was releasedd on 04/14/2009.
    The period of time in between is 152 days.

Cata was release on 12/07/2010.
    Unless 4.2 comes out on or before 05/08/2011 (which really doesn't seem likely) since we're already in April and 4.1 is not out yet, then 4.2 is in fact later compared to Cata launch than 3.1 was to Wrath launch.
    We were done with Naxx within 1 week of WotLK release date. Casuals were done with Naxx within 1 month of WotLK release date. It was that easy.

Most people have not killed any raid boss this tier.

This is why it is taking longer. Because people are taking longer to finish the content. It is much more properly tuned.

Sounds like you have not completed anything in pve? go do 13/13 heroic and come back and complain about running out of new content. Hell go do 12/12 normal and farm if for 3-4 weeks then come complain. Do not give the forum community "Uhh I have done BH and now I am bored when is the new content that I probably won't be able to complete coming out again?"

if casuals suppose to be 1 tier behind, then what the point of waiting .

most hard core guilds have 12/12, time to move on.

they promised more regular patches, so WTF is it about WOTLK bla bla bla. it's not wotlk so stfu.

and your shity raids are delaying my arena season and new gear.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    We were done with Naxx within 1 week of WotLK release date. Casuals were done with Naxx within 1 month of WotLK release date. It was that easy.

Most people have not killed any raid boss this tier.

This is why it is taking longer. Because people are taking longer to finish the content. It is much more properly tuned.
    I was responding to someone who was specifically saying that the time interval between Wrath launch and 3.1 versus Cata launch and 4.2 was going to be the same. I have not taken a position on anything you are arguing whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Rift is not competition for WoW. It has no name recognition. It has no built in fanbase. The company behind it has no clout, has no legacy. It's shovelware and will be dead within months.

GW2 is not competition for WoW.

ToR will fail. Bioware has some skill at crafting worlds, stories, and characters. Bioware has no skill at all in crafting compelling gameplay.[COLOR="red"]
    I'ld recalibrate your crystall ball

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yep change everything that pvp is balanced and pve unbalanced! i want a 25 shamans raid ogogog

10+ Year Old Account
    If you havent downed Sinestra yet, then you should kindly STFU about new content. Why are you complaining about content being stale when nearly 99% of the player base hasnt even SEEN all of the content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Okay, here is what people don't understand, 4.2 is coming out the same time 3.1 came out in wotlk compared to when the expansions were released...4.1 is extra content, stop complaining, enjoy it.
    3.1 came out the 15th of april if i'm not mistaking. So... You say they will be out the same time? Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I'ld recalibrate your crystall ball
    I lol'd, thanks :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is 8/13 in the four months since Cata released, and progression is slowing due to changes in our heal core and leadership, so I'm in no huge rush for 4.2 to get here. Even if we do manage to clear Sinestra before Firelands hits, it will be nice to have a short break between content to work on gearing alts to keep up with the content. Or just do something else for a while.

4.1 does not interest me in the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VernichterEX View Post
    I'll admit that I haven't done much PvE this expansion (I barely even bother running my heroics anymore), besides Baradin Hold every week. *The content seems stale already at 85.
    The content seems stale to you because you are only running Baradin Hold every week. If you want more out of PvE you need to put more into PvE.

As for PvP you gave general complaints about class imbalances and did not give any reasoning or evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    The vast majority of the raiding population isn't even close to finished the current tier, which is likely a big reason why they're not rushing the release of Firelands.

Something tells me you're probably not one of the top 100 guilds currently farming 13 heroic bosses to warrant such an opinion. I mean, even if you were, there's still A TON of people that need (and deserve) more time.
    if you go that way, then Cata was rushed because most guilds didn't even do LK25, even less LK25 HC, even with 1 year and 30% buff.

If you increase the average player base, you can't wait for the same % of guilds to finish the game so to speak.
    At some point, even if you didn't clear everything, you want something more.
    I'm sure than a LOT of casuals that only do heroics and BH, that have useless JP or Honor points, and almost all VP items by now want something else.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    It's generally bad to release 2 tiers of anything at the same time.
    I understand you're talking about heroics, but it's still not fair to call 4.1 t2. If anything, the heroic mode bosses are t2 compared to the normal mode ones. But I think most accurately, we should call 4.1 and heroic modes t1.5.
    Also, in TBC we got the first 2 tiers at release, and I think that was probably the most interesting point ever in raiding. Everyone wanted to skip Gruul and Mag and get to Lootreaver as fast as possible, but the truth is, it was certainly possible to scale the encounters up enough to gear check, and not let people skip t1.
    For a few months, hardcore and casual raiders alike were working on new bosses every raid night, not just fighting the same 12 bosses, only this time, on "heroic" mode.