10+ Year Old Account

Grace - add-on advice

Hello,

I was thinking recently that the only way I can follow my grace buff on targets is by individually clicking on each person and checking their buffs under their unit-frame. I am used to and using from a long time X-perl Unit Frames and the buffs are positioned in a row under the unit-frame box when they're targeted. Unfourtunately X-perl doesn't have the option to show me ONLY the Grace buff on the raid frames and notify me when it is about to fall off. I haven't experimented with many add-ons and even with my current ones, which I guess aren't optimal I just got used to.

Can you give me some suggestions/advice as to how to keep better an eye on Grace and a way to get notified when it is about to fall off, something like Power Auras blinking aura (?) (especially on the tank (although its alright when on 1 target I'm mainly healing). I am usually tank healing/raid support as disc. I'm trying to implement more details to my UI without making it over complicated (showing too much at once) and without making everything at once, because I will certainly get lost.

Thanks for any thoughts as to what I could use.

For grid (but i think u use xperl raid rames?) u can use GridStatusGrace
    Thats all i know, doesnt xperl haven an option to just show your own buffs on raidframes? i know it does on targets.

For a quick and simple overview i would suggest using something like Grid or Vudho anyway. Takes some time to setup, but you can realy tailor it to your own playstyle.
    Last edited by Dujith; 2011-04-05 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/vuhdo.aspx

With Vuhdo (or other addons such as healbot or grid with some other addons) you can track your buffs and hots (even weakened soul) on your raid frame cells. You'll need some time to configure it, but it's worth it. Being disc I suggest you to track Grace, PW:S and WS. More buffs/hots could be useful but mb too much information.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my X-perl show WS but doesn't show (like I know Grid does) the amount of PW:S left to be absorbed or the amount of DA for example (unless I mouseover). Anyway I could make it show my buffs but I can't choose which buffs specifically to show and it gets to show too much .

I heard very nice things about Vuhdo, I will give it a try. My main problem is not to change too much too quickly my UI whilst progressing in HC so will most probably give it a try on NMs... so that I can get used to it.

Deleted
    If you are used to grid, you'll configure it faster. It's a little bit confusing in the beginning and hard to find some options so you'll need some time and patience. Just don't uninstall grid until you get vuhdo exactly as you want. I used to be a grid user and I still love it but I'll never come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used Grid, only X-perl for raid and unit frames. I realise its probably not optimal but when I started two years ago it was easy.

Thanks for advices!

10+ Year Old Account
    I set this up on Vuhdo and it was very easy. It was already loaded into Vuhdo I just had to select it from a list and then tell it where to display on the raid frames and what color I wanted the dot to be, etc.

Deleted
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ldshelper.aspx
    I use this one + Grid showing it

its also only showing on the person you've targetted but you can see how long it will take till it falls off and how much is left on the absorption. This is for both Grace and Power Word: Shield

Edit: You can also set up Power Aura's to do so, but then again, thats only for the target you've targetted I think, and only the time left on it, so not absorption left
    Last edited by mmoc8e6796b678; 2011-04-06 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added Power Aura's possibility