Deleted

Assigning healing Nef 25, p3

We started doing nef 25 last night and whiped quite abit in p3. It was mostly due to our missing control of adds and not healing, but I got curious about this anyway.

I (holy pala) got assigned to healing the kiting tank(s) and I struggled quite abit with it. Obviously with no hot's its hard to heal while running (other than HP usage), but the priests/shams didnt think theyd be much better (our only druid is shit geared, so wud never rely on him there). Also I wont be in range to radiance the raid.

So im wondering if priest/shams hot etc are really that bad these days or?
    And just how good are the priest/sham aoe healing compared to pala? I obviously know ours is better, but just how good is their spells for this?

Help is much appreciated =)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're supposed to heal the kiter all by yourself? Bugger.

Let me think... on heroic mode, we have 2 priests and at least 1 paladin heal the kiting tank(s), maybe even 2... *scratches head* Shows how much attention I pay to what other people are doing, eh? On normal mode, we had 2 priests follow the kiter if I remember correctly, possibly also a paladin. It's been a while... but seriously, the kiters need good healing. That's the key to the fight. The rest isn't such a biggy.

Us shamies were always on Nef-tank and/or raid heals during P3. Healing rain is awesome. The HoTs get to tick quite nicely as the 10%-AoEs are the only raid damage that occurs.

P3 is all about kiting. If the adds get fire, they become hard to handle. We had quite the problems with it all when we learnt that encounter way back.

Shamy's Healing Rain rocks for Nef (well, it always rocks when the raid stacks in one place and especially when damage spikes just once or in brief pulses - Nef and Cho'gall are prime examples for Healing Rain goodness - being followed by a lull in incoming raid damage, because then, it can tick and do its Earthliving magic). Holy priests have awesome AoE healing too.

If you got a DK tank on Nef he really only needs 2 healers max. and rest of the healers should be focus on add tank / slowly healing raid up. One healer cannot solo heal the add kiter, not in the long run anyway.

I belive we have 2 healers on nef tank and 6 on add tank (heroic nef 25). And then we have the 2 MT healers slowly get raid back up with any aoe heal. plus add healers helping out with afew easy aoe heals. and just slowly bring the raid back up to full hp for next Elect

EDIT: I guess any tank tanking nef is fine with 2 healers. but avoid having warriors on nef.

Deleted
    i can only talk about 10man and i had to heal the kite tank as a disc and had no problem at all.

the key to the success for me was that i ran infront of the tank kiting route so i could stand there and cast if i needed to

Quote Originally Posted by Tech11 View Post
    If you got a DK tank on Nef he really only needs 2 healers max. and rest of the healers should be focus on add tank / slowly healing raid up. One healer cannot solo heal the add kiter, not in the long run anyway.

I belive we have 2 healers on nef tank and 6 on add tank (heroic nef 25). And then we have the 2 MT healers slowly get raid back up with any aoe heal. plus add healers helping out with afew easy aoe heals. and just slowly bring the raid back up to full hp for next Elect

EDIT: I guess any tank tanking nef is fine with 2 healers. but avoid having warriors on nef.
    8 healers o.o? We have like, 3-4 healers on add tank along with 2-3 on the raid/MT. Best thing would be having paladins in the raid for LoD and holy radiance, though, if you want max potential. Resto druid/priests are best for the kiter.
    And why would you avoid warriors on nef? Doesn't really matter at all. If you got both a pally and a warrior maintank, pick the best one of them and make him kite, both classes are equally good at kiting them, all comes down to player skill after that.

We typically use 6 healers for Nefarian on 25m normal.

Phase 3:
    3 healers on the OT
    2 healers on the MT (with 1 of those helping out on the raid between crackles)
    1 healer on the raid fulltime.

If you add tank doesn't fuck up the kiting you can switch a healer from the OT to the raid (usually I assign myself to the OT so I can make the judgment call on that and swap when needed).

Personally i'd say a holy priest in heal chakra, a disc priest and/or a resto druid would be optimal for the OT healing, but honestly it shouldn't be too hard to keep up. We kite the adds on the outside of the room, so as long as you make sure you follow the tank on the inner circle you have to move way less than him.

Paladins however can be really useful on the OT due to Sacrifice @ electrocutes. so if we run with more than 1 of those usually there's one on the OT as well.

Deleted
    The add tank should have atleast 2 healers on him, 3 should be what your aiming for.

2 on the maintank 3 on add tank and rest on raid for electrocute

Deleted
    I am no paladin expert in healing (shaman myself) but as you mentioning you are a paladin healer is it not possible to beacon the add tank and go full out on the neffie tank? he is not moving and your beacon is still healing the add tank. A couple of resto druids (or even disc priest) would be best to help out as add tank is moving so much. Would suggest you ask your shaman healer (if you have any) to earthshield the add tank. He is probably on healing raids anyway or I am on our fights.

Deleted
    Seriss, shams should be able to cast healing rain in middle even thou theyre not there? Like if theyre running in inner circle, healing the kiter.

But thx all, think Ill try to convince them to use both our priest and possible a sham/druid extra. And forget about my radiance, since priest/sham can do that fine. =)