Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zul'Aman Spellcaster Mace

So another updated loot list and another look at that Spellcaster Mace. Its still one handed, although the weapon damage has been toned down. Even with that, if it sticks with being one handed that is 3684 spellpower with a nice chunk of mastery and a bit of spell hit.

I'm no theorycrafter but how could that not be BiS if it actually goes live?

/Discuss

Edit: This is for Enhancement by the way...
    Last edited by demoncleaner; 2011-04-05 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple really, it won't go live that way.

Amani Scepter of Rites
    Binds when picked up
    One-Hand --- Mace
    Speed 1.60 --- 490 - 909 Damage
    (437.2 damage per second)
    +207 Stamina
    +138 Intellect
    +92 Spirit
    Durability 105 / 105
    Requires Level 85
    Item Level 353
    Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 92.
    Equip: Increases spell power by 1848.

vs

Andoros, Fist of the Dragon King
    Heroic
    Binds when picked up
    Main Hand --- Mace
    Speed 1.80 --- 658 - 1221 Damage
    (521.9 damage per second)
    +247 Stamina
    +165 Intellect
    +110 Spirit
    Durability 105 / 105
    Requires Level 85
    Item Level 372
    Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 110.
    Equip: Increases spell power by 2207.

hmmmmm
    -40 stam, -27 int, -18 spi, -18 mastery, -359 spell power

nope, not BiS
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-05 at 01:48 PM.

Except you're missing the fact that you can DW the one from Zul'aman...and that it comes from a 5 man.

Also note that all Zul'Aman/Zul'Gurub loot is i353, which means it's not even competing with Normal-mode raid epics.

Heroic Weapons... Of course. If you count those, it never is BiS.

And for some reason I think he meant for Enh.... but that too shouldnt be true.
    In the Groves of Death

File 3684 SP as an erroneous tooltip. Would be more than Heroic Chogall's mace in a 5 man heroic with iLevel 353...

reverend, I'm pretty sure he talks about BiS for the offhand, since the weapon is classified as "one-hand".

So you either can wield it with a bug as elemental and resto, or as enh as your offhand weapon. I'm quite sure that this huge amount of SP would overcome the loss in LL-damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

What are you talking about? this? Where do you get 3.6k spellpower from? oO
    Oh now I get it ... Didn't they nerf spellpower coefficients for enhance? I thought they "fixed" that problem with enhancement using spellpower weapons

If you ask me, all spellpower weapons should just have 1-xxx (or similiar low) damage like some already have...
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-04-05 at 01:53 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Agian. As of now. Its a ONE-HANDED weapon. You can dual wield it.

Edit: Yes I mean this for enhancement. Should of clarified that in the first post

Quote Originally Posted by demoncleaner View Post
    Agian. As of now. Its a ONE-HANDED weapon. You can dual wield it.
    If you would have worded your first post better, there wouldn't be as much confusing replys here.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    If you would have worded your first post better, there wouldn't be as much confusing replys here.
    I assumed people would know this was for enhancement. Considering how many better options there are for Elemental.

I assumed people would know this was for enhancement. Considering how many better options there are for Elemental.
    ah, no mention of enhancement, therein lies ur problem
    cant take anyone with 10 posts at face value, my bad

methinks it wont go to live like this
    and even if it magically does make it through, despite ppl pointing it out
    it'll get hotfixed so fast it'll make ya dizzy
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-05 at 01:55 PM.

It's hardly confusing, seeing as he stated a spellpower value that possibly couldn't be for one weapon alone, in his original post.

Well you claimed that you will get 3.6k spellpower. So people assumed it's just a wrong tooltip. I think that's why it wasn't clear.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Well you claimed that you will get 3.6k spellpower. So people assumed it's just a wrong tooltip...
    Which is exactly how much you get when you dual weild them.

You can easily dual-wield as resto or elemental shaman, if you use a macro to switch gears.

So until Blizzard fixes it, it's also an option for our casters. Yes it's bugusing, yes I don't care. Been able to dual-wield weapons since Cata-Beta.

sucks that it's 1.6 speed, though.

On the off chance they don't catch this or decide to fix it before it goes live, it will still be changed/nerfed shortly thereafter, so there's not a whole lot of reason for discussion. They've already stated they don't want enhancement to be using spellpower weapons and have taken steps to make that happen previously, so expecting to be running around with two of these is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

You can easily dual-wield as resto or elemental shaman, if you use a macro to switch gears.

So until Blizzard fixes it, it's also an option for our casters. Yes it's bugusing, yes I don't care. Been able to dual-wield weapons since Cata-Beta.

sucks that it's 1.6 speed, though.
    Yeah the speed and the weapon damage were both nerfed from the last datamining session. But still with so much spell power it seems like they would still overshadow almost everything.

---------- Post added 2011-04-05 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    On the off chance they don't catch this or decide to fix it before it goes live, it will still be changed/nerfed shortly thereafter, so there's not a whole lot of reason for discussion. They've already stated they don't want enhancement to be using spellpower weapons and have taken steps to make that happen previously, so expecting to be running around with two of these is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Well theres a precedent considering, like Pope said, the Resto/Ele bug allowing you to dual wield has been around for quite some time now.

Except you're missing the fact that you can DW the one from Zul'aman...and that it comes from a 5 man.
    No, you can't dual wield it. To get access to dual wield you have to spec Enhancement, and if do it, equip that weapon and respec back to Restoration, offhand becomes unusable (displayer red as if it was 0% durability aka inaccessible).

Besides, it just haven't been updated to new caster weapon style (Main Hand as opposed to One Hand) - remember that it's most likely a direct copy of old mace with updated stats.