The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    All I have to say to that is: lolololol. But yeah, we'll see.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah man. Trion is going to run it here. Your sandbox game is coming. SOON TM
    it's not a real sandbox, more like a sandpark or a themebox. In otherwords, it has a lot of themepark elements to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    it's not a real sandbox, more like a sandpark or a themebox. In otherwords, it has a lot of themepark elements to it.
    There's not a mainstream MMO in the west that can even come close, so it's much easier to just say sandbox than get into technicalities.
    BAD WOLF

There's not a mainstream MMO in the west that can even come close, so it's much easier to just say sandbox than get into technicalities.
    Well, I mean there's always EVE. It's bigger than most other MMO's on the market, even if it is technically considered a niche game.

The problem with all these Korean games, no matter if they are interesting sandbox like ArcheAge or have amazing graphics like Black Desert or whatever, is that by the time they reach the Western audience they have already lost a ton of steam and barely anybody is interested in them anymore when they finally release in the West.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean there's always EVE. It's bigger than most other MMO's on the market, even if it is technically considered a niche game.
    I also didn't think I needed to clarify an MMO where the gameplay is centered around running around a world as a character and not commanding ships and playing spreadsheets.
    BAD WOLF

I also didn't think I needed to clarify an MMO where the gameplay is centered around running around a world as a character and not commanding ships and playing spreadsheets.
    But...spreadsheet sandboxes... : (

10+ Year Old Account
    But...spreadsheet sandboxes... : (
    Always wanted to try it, never did. Maybe one day.
    BAD WOLF

Always wanted to try it, never did. Maybe one day.
    I tried it over half a decade ago. Want to go back just to try out the character creation they added in (which apparently rivals Black Desert), even if you rarely ever see your character.

But given the time investment it will be and the subscription, I know I don't have anywhere near enough time at the moment for it >.<

Op Updated, so much stuff going on in the game, 2014 is the year of the mmo's, genres for everyone, oh yeah baby!!!

Too bad i dont have a alpha key, and i hope i get one in the future, need to fill the blanks in alot of stuff that only ingame i can pursue them.

I derp'd : /
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-04-11 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...-black-desert/

Cow milking. This game keeps getting better and better.
    But....this isn't ArcheAge?
    BAD WOLF

But....this isn't ArcheAge?
    Sometimes I post before I'm actually awake and post stupid things. Also doesn't help having like 20 threads open and then trying to figure out which to post in >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I post before I'm actually awake and post stupid things. Also doesn't help having like 20 threads open and then trying to figure out which to post in >.<
    You got me all excited because I was like...whoa...AA is going nuts, milking cows, I want in. Then I saw Black Desert which won't even be released here and it made me go
    BAD WOLF

I think we need to beg the Black Desert devs to launch in NA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by konishiwa View Post
    Op Updated, so much stuff going on in the game, 2014 is the year of the mmo's, genres for everyone, oh yeah baby!!!

Too bad i dont have a alpha key, and i hope i get one in the future, need to fill the blanks in alot of stuff that only ingame i can pursue them.
    Golden age of MMOs!!! WEEEEEEE
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I think we need to beg the Black Desert devs to launch in NA.
    My wife would buy it just to create characters. I would buy it to milk cows in uncanny valley levels of graphics. Can't wait to try AA though, since it's going to be F2P I think? I hope so...def not buying into a sandbox game.
    BAD WOLF

Can't wait to try AA though, since it's going to be F2P I think? I hope so...def not buying into a sandbox game.
    Yup, it will be F2P. Though there will be things locked behind pay walls apparently (housing IIRC).

10+ Year Old Account
    (housing IIRC).
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- You are just smashing down the bad news hammer today. Every game has to make money though. Can't hold it against them. Luckily I'll have a shiny palace in Wildstar, SWTOR, and a garrison in WoW to hold over my interest there.
    BAD WOLF

Yup, it will be F2P. Though there will be things locked behind pay walls apparently (housing IIRC).
    We dont know yet for the West, that is being made in Korea and in the horrible version in RU, im playing the RU version and they are screwing the game there, what we know and according to the Trion streams so far about the game, f2p players will be able to get Scarecrows for example, RU version you have to subscribe, problem is there is a mix bag of information about the game because its launched already in couple countries and each one have their own rules, we can only wait for the final decision from Trion.

Keep your eyes peeled guys cause alpha invites went out this week and there is no NDA for alpha testers. So expect to see streams and alot more info very soon. No I didn't get in to this first wave