Been in queue since 15:31, it's now 21:20 and theres only 667 people left ahead of me...might even get to see some of this game before I collapse for the night

Ah, I see. I'm not surprised the most popular server has the longest queues. I made peace back in Alpha that I had no intent of following the progression crowd. I picked Tahyang for the RP community. Even managed to find a place for my small farm. I couldn't find space for my large farm, but I've already marked a few incomplete/unpaid large farms and I'll try to snag those spots when they expire. I imagine a lot more land will open up after the first 2-3 weeks when taxes go unpaid.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2014-09-17 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I would say that is a bit better than adding 10 servers and they all end up empty in 30-60 days.
    So it's better to make 2000 people per server wait 1 hour?

That's a very capitalistic view.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, I am unsure about your main selection. But yes, you can change the two other selections for a money fee. I am not 100% sure on the main selection as said - never noticed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    They were supposed to have added the queue grace period yesterday. It doesn't appear to be working properly, just like most of their other systems. The queue dropped him a second time with a "server connection lost". I'm done for today, won't be able to play today. It's ridiculous.

Oh, and did I mention I've been in the live support queue for three hours now and there are still 48 people in front of me?

You can change classes later on. You have to level the other trees though. You switch the tree in, and as you get XP, turn in quests, spend labor, craft, grind mobs, etc...it gradually levels the tree. You can level all of them, it'll just take a good amount of time.
    Thanks a lot
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

In the long term, yes, it is. That being said, there are really too few servers going right now to even apply this logic- at least two more should be added imo.

Part of the problem is that the game handles logins in exactly the opposite fashion of every mmo-you are punished for logging off, even as a patron. I'm not sure who came up with that idea.

The problem is that their game design makes merging servers a pain in the ass.

All things considered this is probably their best option. Which ofc does not mean the option is not garbage.

Just means the other options are even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    In the long term, yes, it is. That being said, there are really too few servers going right now to even apply this logic- at least two more should be added imo.

Part of the problem is that the game handles logins in exactly the opposite fashion of every mmo-you are punished for logging off, even as a patron. I'm not sure who came up with that idea.
    Someone who has no idea how people act when presented with a system like that. It seems nice in theory but yes, anyone with any degree of more hardcore experience could tell you it would lead to people never logging off.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Weird, it took me about 4 hours to get into Tahyang last night. And when I finally beat the server queue, i relogged several times to fix some graphics settings and was able to log in immediately because of the grace period.

You people should really just play on the newest servers instead of sitting in 2-3k+ queues, like I do. I got in (with a Patron, that is, but still) on Melisara without queue at peak time, so I imagine F2P players wouldn't even have a 45 minutes long queue. Beats sitting in a queue for 3 hours on Kyprosa or Eanna, that's for sure. Not to mention you don't have to struggle or get ripped off by some greedy bastard to get a place for a farm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I could see them adding one new server, more than that and in a month or so we will have people crying about dead servers and wanting free transfers. We all know the 30 day crowd will be gone soon and a lot of players will leave for WoD so I see no reason to make a shit load of servers just to have the headache of dead servers in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You people should really just play on the newest servers instead of sitting in 2-3k+ queues, like I do. I got in (with a Patron, that is, but still) on Melisara without queue at peak time, so I imagine F2P players wouldn't even have a 45 minutes long queue. Beats sitting in a queue for 3 hours on Kyprosa or Eanna, that's for sure. Not to mention you don't have to struggle or get ripped off by some greedy bastard to get a place for a farm...
    Melisara did not exist for founders and that is ignoring the guilds people have joined outside of the game already that they are following.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I could see them adding one new server, more than that and in a month or so we will have people crying about dead servers and wanting free transfers. We all know the 30 day crowd will be gone soon and a lot of players will leave for WoD so I see no reason to make a shit load of servers just to have the headache of dead servers in a month or two.
    EU does not need more servers. Any server added now is going to be dead in 2/3 weeks time.
    People who are trying to get on the really full servers are not going to reroll anyway because they have characters/friends/guilds there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem is that their game design makes merging servers a pain in the ass.

All things considered this is probably their best option. Which ofc does not mean the option is not garbage.

Just means the other options are even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who has no idea how people act when presented with a system like that. It seems nice in theory but yes, anyone with any degree of more hardcore experience could tell you it would lead to people never logging off.
    There was a guy using Teamviewer to log in from work 5 hours before he got out just so he can play.

That's just mind searing to even think about.

Melisara did not exist for founders and that is ignoring the guilds people have joined outside of the game already that they are following.

- - - Updated - - -

EU does not need more servers. Any server added now is going to be dead in 2/3 weeks time.
    People who are trying to get on the really full servers are not going to reroll anyway because they have characters/friends/guilds there.
    I agree, that was pretty much the point of my post lol.

There was a guy using Teamviewer to log in from work 5 hours before he got out just so he can play.

That's just mind searing to even think about.
    I say again this situation sucks but because of their game model with plots in the world its the best option they have.

I say again this situation sucks but because of their game model with plots in the world its the best option they have.
    Once the free Patron expires a lot of land should be free to be bought again.

Also the ideea is to have MORE servers, not less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once the free Patron expires a lot of land should be free to be bought again.

Also the ideea is to have MORE servers, not less.
    Well, I am keeping my going.

And well, the idea if to have the right amount, doesn't matter though if one server becomes the popular one. Looking at the queues currently, I would say 3-4 more for EU tops. As well, remember, the priority queue doesn't work as intended. Patrons were to be able to skip ahead but due to a major bug, a lot of F2P's have been marked as Patrons too
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't know how the EU servers are, queue-wise, but yesterday about this time, the 2 new NA servers had over 2k in queue for non-patron. Gonna check them now to see how bad they are.

Enla (newest NA server, and the one I rolled on): 3300
    Inoch (newish NA server): 2900
    Aranzeb: 3500 (connection lost, so logging back in)
    Naima: 3200
    Kyrios: 3600 (most populated? Not anymore)
    Ollo: 3200
    Tahyang: 3100
    Salphira: 4400 (looks to be the most populated now)

Inoch had the lowest number in queue, with barely under 3000. This is at 6:15 pm (18:15), which is primetime NA time.

10+ Year Old Account
    dis que time tho. this is the real game xD

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I also am a founder... The queue during headstart was brutal and there was a lot of server downtime and crashes, not to mention the land grabbing. Honestly, I think most people shouldn't worry about losing their progress from the headstart, especially that the grand majority of them were guildless, so being stuck on a full server because of a guild was clearly not an issue. I know I didn't mind rerolling, and my experience was just sooo much better on the new server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, I am keeping my going.

And well, the idea if to have the right amount, doesn't matter though if one server becomes the popular one. Looking at the queues currently, I would say 3-4 more for EU tops. As well, remember, the priority queue doesn't work as intended. Patrons were to be able to skip ahead but due to a major bug, a lot of F2P's have been marked as Patrons too
    I'm f2p and the ideea of having even longer queues doesn't please me one bit.

Seriously, this '' shorter queue '' shit is the type of thing you see on a CS1.6 server not a goddamn MMO.

A proper MMO shouldn't have queues at all.

I know it's the second day and I understand that, but I hope they do aim to NOT have queues.

Frustrating thing was that I couldn't log into during launch (as a founder) at all. Didn't even know there was a new server popping until a couple hours ago; and apparently there's no land left on them either. Which means... no land anywhere! Which really sucks. Probably going to shelf the game until they add instanced housing or far more servers so that at least there's a chance of getting some place to call home.