Thread: Rapture

10+ Year Old Account

Rapture

So, I havn't found any information on this lately, so I assume this is still true, but I figured I'd ask before I commit to this spec for Nefarian. Does multi-proc rapture still occur? i,e 2+ shield break at the exact time, I get 2+ procs of Rapture. Mainly, this is for Electrocute obviously, shield up many people, Electrocute breaks them all instantly, profit. If it does, this looks like the way for me to go, but if not, I might either go back holy, or just shield specific people(PW:B is too good to pass up, and I like disc more for this fight, as I'm no longer the kite healer).

"This effect can only occur once every 12 sec."

I think that sums it up.

Edit: Aaaaaand I misread your post. Sorry no idea -.-

I believe the proc is still only once per 12 seconds. As in your other shields can break, but you get the Rapture proc just the one time.

EDIT: damn you Vandoran for hitting your "post" button first.

For some weird reason I was like "what is this man talking about Bioshock for in the priest class thread????" then of course I facepalmed myself for my stupidity

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it can happen once every 12 seconds. This was the case in wrath too, although I think it was 6 seconds. However, LK's AoE thingy, can't remember the name, you used to shield lots of people, they break at the same time, which blizzard is really bad at registering(hence why mages have ignite munching), and even though you should only get 1 proc, since the ICD is 12 seconds(6 back then), you get 1 for every shield, since they broke simultaneously. If anything, I'll try and test tonight.

In Wrath, any shields that burst within a GCD of each other were counted together. This is why Disc had infinite mana (and lolmeters) on LK due to Infest preshielding. Blizz redid Rapture in Cata and this no longer works: only 1 Rapture proc can occur every 12 seconds, even if multiple shields burst together. It was a move to further discourage bubble-botting and one I have mixed feelings about.

Deleted
    The tooltip isn't the part of the question.

I think if the shield break simultaneously, I'm not sure how they would fix it, and I'm pretty sure it would have been in some patch notes as a bug fix.
    The whole reason it worked was because everything broke at exactly the same time, so at that point, rapture will not be on cooldown for any of the procs and hence they all give you the mana back.

Its kind of besides the point though, rapture is a huge part of the your mana reg as disc, not taking it is a bad move anyway in any fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HDPriest View Post
    In Wrath, any shields that burst within a GCD of each other were counted together. This is why Disc had infinite mana (and lolmeters) on LK due to Infest preshielding. Blizz redid Rapture in Cata and this no longer works: only 1 Rapture proc can occur every 12 seconds, even if multiple shields burst together. It was a move to further discourage bubble-botting and one I have mixed feelings about.
    Seems that way. Looked at some Nef parses from Disc priest. Rapture procs are in the 20's, so thats one proc every 12 seconds for 5 minutes. Since PW:S was the second highest healing spell, I doubt that you can trick rapture anymore /sadface oh well. Probably still will go Disc, just gotta watch my mana instead of Shield everyone, Electrocute, profit xP

To answer definitively, you can no longer mass-rapture. The best you can hope for is a single instance of a rapture proc every 12sec. If two or more shields pop at the exact same time, you only proc one instance of rapture.

This thread makes me sad. I really enjoyed lining up shields right before festergut's massive aoe or when the green slime hit during pp. I was looking forward to continued smart use of game mechanics for rapture procs. It was one of the few ways to differentiate good disc priests from bad ones in wrath. But alas, Blizz took care of that by getting rid of bubble botting I guess.

Deleted
    Yes... so smart... 1, 1, 1, 1, ... 1. You had to be Einstein to play like that. Now it's a piece of cake having to use 12 spells. Fckng Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested it at BSF first Boss Demonnova. I didnt lock into combat log but Blizzard UI shows only one Procc of Rupture and mana seems only to get one also so i guess this glitch has been fixed.

Deleted
    Been fixed since 4.0.3, surprised people haven't noticed it TBH.