Why wont my pet gnaw?

So I am wondering why my ghoul as a DK wont gnaw?
    My current macro is, /cast gnaw.
    I spam it, but for some reason he prefers to do 3/4 claws before using the gnaw. Why?

He is probably suffering low self-esteem

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have claw on auto cast then he is using all his energy on that, and gnaw cost energy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilisk View Post
    If you have claw on auto cast then he is using all his energy on that, and gnaw cost energy.
    Agreed. You probably dont have the energy for it every time you spam it. On a side note you dont need a macro to use it if your not macroing it to another ability......

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/47468/claw/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/47481/gnaw/

Claw = 40 Energy
    Gnaw = 30 Energy

If he uses Claw, he obviously should have had enough energy for Gnaw.

I dunno if Gnaw is on the GCD which would not allow him to Gnaw 1.5s after he Clawed.

Using /cast gnaw won't make your pet do anything. You need to bind petspecial, not just the name of your pet's ability.

guys if you dont know the issues dont comment on it
    there seem to be bug with the new lag tolerence system (the thing that make you queue ability quicker) unless u have it turned on the pet will queue claw for his next attack even if he is on 0 energy
    using custom lag tolerence allow me to requeue gnaw as his next attack instead of claw but somtimes he will still prefer to claw

your only option is to macro /cast claw and remove it from auto cast till blizzard will fix the bug

this bug didnt seem to effect dk in 4.0.1 maybe cus energy regen was so big in wtlk

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    Using /cast gnaw won't make your pet do anything. You need to bind petspecial, not just the name of your pet's ability.
    i can cast my water eles freeze with just /cast freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    i can cast my water eles freeze with just /cast freeze
    Me too, I smell fishiness in this "petspecial" thing

If you don't use /cast claw to deplete all energy he will always have enough to use gnaw, get a clue what you're talking about before you give any advice.

With auto claw on he will most of the time use claw instead of gnaw even if you tell him to use gnaw.
    Best option is to use gnaw with claw not on auto cast, there's a good solution to that.

Use a macro:

#showtooltip Gnaw
    /petautocastoff Claw
    /cast Gnaw

it will turn off claw and next spell will be guaranteed gnaw, though spam the macro untill pet gnaws because it might be on gcd when you press the macro, ability is not off gcd... ace design.

Add /petautocaston Claw to one of the abilities you use most.. ss/ns and it will turn your claw to auto again.

You don't have to worry about it at all any more.

Feel free to pm for anything dk related.
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2011-04-06 at 02:03 PM.