Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest stance dance?!

Anyone else try switching between inner will and inner fire constantly mid fight? I use to only use 1 for an entire period of time but on heroic magmaw 25 I started switching to inner will for bubble spam, prayer of mending and inner fire for prayer of healing and my hps has gone up by about 2k and i'm consistently doing 20k hps ish

It's something I've been toying with on Heroic Maloriak as a holy priest. I use Inner Will during dark phase to renew spam mainly, and Inner Fire for Red and Green phase for throughput. Fairly decent results so far.

I also stance dance on H. Maloriak depending on phase as well. Its viable on some fights, where others its really not a make or break.

i don't know if you guys have ever pvped as a holy priest, but if you have you would know stance dancing is very important imo. holy priest have big mana issues (due to alot of regen based on holy concentration+low spirit on pvp gear) so i stay in inner will(and sanctuary chakra) for the majority of the time because every little bit of mana saved is precious. and when melee decide to probe me with there swords i have to change to inner fire or im pretty much gonna die
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i don't know if you guys have ever pvped as a holy priest, but if you have you would know stance dancing is very important imo. holy priest have big mana issues (due to alot of regen based on holy concentration+low spirit on pvp gear) so i stay in inner will(and sanctuary chakra) for the majority of the time because every little bit of mana saved is precious. and when melee decide to probe me with there swords i have to change to inner fire or im pretty much gonna die
    the reason you think your gonna die when melee jump on you is your holy

Quote Originally Posted by jaysix View Post
    Have you tried being holy for pvp or are you just spec bashing for no reason?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysix View Post
    dont knock it till you tried it. the amount of healing i can put out is soooo much more than a disc priest in bgs. also being holy i have more self peeling options than a disc priest.
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to do it, but so far I've neglected it a fair bit. It seems like too much of a hassle.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

not to derail this topic anymore. but..

that makes me sad ynna.

Blah I have a hard enough time remembering to have a chakra stance up when I go holy to worry about switching which inner I have up... though I am a firm believer in that if I am healing we probably have already lost ><

I also find myself stance hoppion on Heroic Maloriak, but at the moment only on that fight.

One of the main things to ask yourself is what spells do you find yourself using the most often in certain parts of the fight. With the heroic Maloriak example, the black phase I usually am on raid healing. I keep my instant casts rolling whenever cooldowns are up (PoM, CoH), I keep renew on my warlocks (suicidal bastards), and work in non-instant casts in between (prayer of healing on mele group, greater heal on the maloriak tank to land in that 3 second window for helping the tank healers). In this situation I end up using instant casts much more than my non instant casts. At the end of the black phase, I'm hurting on mana, so I will try to use inner will to reduce that inpact. Luckly, using inner will in this phase doesn't result in deaths due to lack of healing, if it did then that would be a problem.

Flipping to the red phase, Maloriak's breath hits for a ton, and Prayer of Healing is cycled through each group. PoH gets no mana decrease with Inner Will, so in this situation where most all of my healing on the raid comes from PoH, I definatly want to be in Inner Focus for the extra spell power.

Obviously when you reach a point where gear / raid performance is high enough where mana just simply is not an issue, theres no reason to not use inner focus.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont knock it till you tried it. the amount of healing i can put out is soooo much more than a disc priest in bgs. also being holy i have more self peeling options than a disc priest.
    I'll admit I have not tried Holy for pvp (I prefer Disc, I admit it, I'm biased!), but isn't the point of Disc to prevent damage with shields more than heal. So of course you heal way more as a Holy Priest than a Disc Priest. There isn't really an efficient way to compare damage prevented with shields and divine aegis to pure healing (at least that I know of).
    Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rdenhov/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenhov View Post
    I'll admit I have not tried Holy for pvp (I prefer Disc, I admit it, I'm biased!), but isn't the point of Disc to prevent damage with shields more than heal. So of course you heal way more as a Holy Priest than a Disc Priest. There isn't really an efficient way to compare damage prevented with shields and divine aegis to pure healing (at least that I know of).
    Holy plays the guerilla warfare game. You hit, you run, you stun, you back off. You heal for more, but then you stay the heck away.

It's a completely different mindset than Discipline's defensive play. Infact, Holy gives you room to go offensive from time to time.

I'm usually lower in healing done in my BGs, but that's because I spend half my time either pushing out Body and Soul/Chastise oriented strikes, or mind controlling key players.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    not to derail this topic anymore. but..

that makes me sad ynna.
    What because I don't switch Inner's? I don't think it's really a problem, but the reason I don't do it is twofold. First of all, it's just one extra thing to pay attention to in raids. Together with my raid frames, my mana, the bosses' health, my Chakra and a few other things. The Inner I'm in is lowest on my priority. Second is that I bind my buffs on my numpad, which is rather out of the way in combat. I could rebind it, but I was struggling already to find a spot for Leap of Faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'm usually lower in healing done in my BGs, but that's because I spend half my time either pushing out Body and Soul/Chastise oriented strikes, or mind controlling key players.
    So much truth, I really like Holy in PvP, especially in BG's.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I'd try holy for PvP, but I'd miss strength of soul. That talent is awesome, seriously.

Ctrl+Mousewheel, that's where I found the place for my Inner states, Ynna.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I'd try holy for PvP, but I'd miss strength of soul. That talent is awesome, seriously.
    Body and Soul, and a Stun. I tried Discipline for BGs and was wondering where the heck these buttons went.

I would love it if they took fires off the ability GCD so I could dance more effectively in arena, though Warlocks would get mad because theirs are still on ability GCD. Anyway, I would very much like to dance with them in arena, but right now I can't even really waste the global as a disc priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbane View Post
    I would love it if they took fires off the ability GCD so I could dance more effectively in arena, though Warlocks would get mad because theirs are still on ability GCD. Anyway, I would very much like to dance with them in arena, but right now I can't even really waste the global as a disc priest.
    So are Mage spells, and Shadowform.

If it was off the global, you'd just be macro'ing it into abilities, and that's not really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    So much truth, I really like Holy in PvP, especially in BG's.
    Yeah, I tried holy PvP in BGs when disc was in the gutter in very early Cata & I cannot look back. I just have too much mobility as Holy and HW:Chastise is just too good to pass up. LW is amazing when the opposite team ignores it [which is often] and GS feels more powerful as well [esp since it can now be cast while stunned]. The "hit and run" style is currently working much better for Holy in Cata than does the "cloth tank" style Disc is suppose to be.

Besides, chaining B&S on the FC is possibly one of the best support moves of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbane View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself, even as a raid healer. I could only imagine the beasting I'd do if I could just macro it in and call it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    That and Penance. I've tried Holy, but I just cant heal without Penance. It doesn't feel right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)