Shadowfiend buggin' out?

Yeah, that's right, I don't know if anyone else has experienced it, but once in a while my Shadowfiend will just flip out and...not hit my target. I don't know what it does, but whatever it's doing, it's not meleeing the boss (I don't hear the mana gain sound and I don't gain mana) like on H Halfus tonight, when I used Sfiend I was at 30% mana, when it disappeared I was at 39%. No, I didn't have any int procs up. Yes, it's auto-set to aggressive.

I know, it only happens once in a while, but it's annoying to have your big mana return just flat out fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Pretty sure there's been a few threads on this. Happens to me a fair bit, mainly on Magmaw. It's a case of looking to see if its attack icon is flashing and, if it's not, just click it.

The best advice I can give you is to force your pet to attack every time you use him, default is CTRL + 1 or you can change it to an easier hotkey.

You could also make a macro with /cast Shadowfiend /petattack [@target,exists]. It's a HUGE loss (in both DPS and mana) to not have him attack so using one of these precautions is worth it.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowfiend sometimes likes to chase butterflies.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I've heard a few stories of bugged SF. myself and a holy priest had issues, i tried a simple macro and seemed to resolve the issue, never ever see a dormant Shadowfiend. Glowwyrm said it best, its a huge DPS loss without it mana aside. Wish you the best of luck getting that bugger to work.
    ( i have SF keybound ctrl+mouse button 4. you can spam this macro to get him to Shadowcrawl as soon as its off CD.)

#showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet] Shadowfiend
    /petattack
    /cast Shadowcrawl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m View Post
    The best advice I can give you is to force your pet to attack every time you use him, default is CTRL + 1 or you can change it to an easier hotkey.

You could also make a macro with /cast Shadowfiend /petattack [@target,exists]. It's a HUGE loss (in both DPS and mana) to not have him attack so using one of these precautions is worth it.
    This is what I have been doing since Cata launch. As for Magmaw, I just use it when Magmaw's head is down on the ground so there is a direct path on the ground. I always had that problem with Kologarn in the past because he's not actually standing on the same plane as you.

just macro the pet attack to one of your spells you use alot

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomewrecker;10988520
    #showtooltip Shadowfiend
    /cast [nopet
    Shadowfiend
    /petattack
    /cast Shadowcrawl
    That's great if you're shadow - but if you are Holy I have an even better macro for you! Just let me know and I'll edit it into this.