Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how all the badass guys in the WoW world line up perfectly, starting from the weakest guys to the strongest.
    Yea, yea, it would be stupid otherwise, but what if Neltharion attacked in Vanilla?
    World is over, gg? :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    To be fair, we don't have numbers on the amount of people who love it. Just counting people on these forums who loved(And played) it(For any reason) would still only come out to maybe 2-3k.

And you also have the people who didn't play it, yet still act like they did(I actually know a few people who do that >_>), but I have no clue how many of thems there are.

I agree, kinda. I think saying people who wish it back have no brain is a bit overboard.
    I constantly am running into people who miss the original world of warcraft game. Not this mass appeal to the lowest common denominator soulless cash cow it has become.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Yea, you had to struggle to get your gear and down bosses. But compare how happy you were, and how fun it was to actually beat a boss compared to now. Now, you're crying if you wipe more then 3-4 times on a new boss.
    I never had to "struggle" to get my gear and down bosses, the difficulty of Vanilla raids is highly overrated, except for Naxxramas. The raids were good yes, but having to farm 3 or 4 pots for every Loatheb attempt sucked serious ass, especially since he was so easy but needed insane dps for the time.

Off topic, sort of.

It's not going to be long before Blizz run out of ideas for expansions so I'm going to 'inb4' "World of Waracraft: The Covenant Wars"
    I can see it now...

/shudder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Isn't there a reason why DBZ is still so loved?
    No. The reason why DBZ was so popular was because of the characters and the redemption. Many super villains became heroes in the end, Now that's not WoW at all. Don't compare such an awesome anime with this Med'an and Rhonin chestbump feast
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-04-06 at 08:28 AM.

Isn't the whole "OMG we have to fight someone we can't beat" just the basic premise of most fantasy stories? From Tolkien's Sauron, David and Leigh Edding' Torak to Orsen Wells' Martian invaders in War of the Worlds and Lucas' Emperor in Star Wars there have always been a seemingly unstoppable force as the main antagonist in most fantasy stories. WOW is not doing anything that is unexpected. The bad guys get stronger and so do the heroes. Some formulas just work as is ans don't need to be changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    No. The reason why DBZ was so popolar was because of the characters and the redemption. Many super villains became heroes in the end, Now that's not WoW at all. Don't compare such an awesome anime with this Med'an and Rhonin chestbump feast
    Well, that was obviously gonna come from a fanboy/fangirl. There is going to be more than that reason, its just the reason you enjoy it, you cant just dump everybody in the same boat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    No one who actually played vanilla WoW mourns it.
    Probably a bad thing to say. :P

Most people are completely blindfolded by nostalgia. Whereas I played since a few weeks into vanilla as well I do miss it a lot. But I miss TBC even more, because it was way more fun, especially PvP!

Vanilla was epic!
    TBC was legendary!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.
    This is true.. Z.z

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    (also, troll somwhere else)
    Can people please stop this? Dissenting opinions are not automatically a "Troll". Please feel free to debate on issues someone may not agree with you on. Do not just shut down communication with a childish label and move-on like your opinion is end-all be-all.

But dont you all see it? The game has already turned into a cluster%$^ lol

classes have very little distinction anymore other then how they look doing it whatever it is they do :P

there is only so far this can go before its too big and it kills itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuerotical View Post
    i think you couldnt be more wrong.

i think everyone who really played vanilla wow misses it. but we can go back and forth on this forever lol

you tell me you started in vanilla wow and all the bugs it had... but i think you probably started during a expo or took 2 years to hit 60 and missed out on all the truly fun content.

then you tell me im a noob, and we shall sling our imaginary swords for awhile.

either way i love you
    Yes!

I loved having spirit on my shadowcraft gear!

Not to mention on my shadow priest, spamming Heal on the tank though out every raid instance for ~4 hours! and never getting any loot because the mages/warlocks took the dps stuff and the "real" priests got the heal stuff!

Also loved seeing 3 and a bit of the raid dungeons released - out of 5. (and I was a lucky one!)

Not to mention the honour system! Only being able to reach the top ranks if you were unemployed or on school holidays :P

More OT: WoW has a lot of convoluted little story lines that come together to make the bigger picture, it's not just "LolArthus is Uber send in a Megapally to deal with him" this is a story that began playing out in Warcraft 3, and has taken what? 10 years to come together. some of the post cata quests really drag you into the storyline and I suggest reading through the quest text if you don't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Id like to see where theres a DBZ syndrom other then Humans and Belfs having Sayain hair
    Lets see, here wait 2-3 months while you constantly build a building that doesn't grow (Argent Crusade = Spirit bomb)

Sacrificing themselves (Bolvar + dragonladys son guy = goku in the first season)

heaps upon heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Yea, you had to struggle to get your gear and down bosses.
    Sorry, I don't like the word "Struggle" in my leisure time activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    Rubbish. It was as unbalanced as hell, but it had an epic feeling to the raids and world events that WoW hasnt been able to recapture since.
    This has nothing to do with vanilla, just with you being new to the game.
    If you started during WotLK, you would have had the same feeling for these raids/the world.
    Vanilla was, compared to today, horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuerotical View Post
    classes have very little distinction anymore other then how they look doing it whatever it is they do
    Realy? Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? I can think of many ways to distinguish classes...

there is only so far this can go before its too big and it kills itself.
    Yes, wow is about the only thing that can kill itself, but it will take alot to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by Alarura View Post
    Yes!

I loved having spirit on my shadowcraft gear!

Not to mention on my shadow priest, spamming Heal on the tank though out every raid instance for ~4 hours! and never getting any loot because the mages/warlocks took the dps stuff and the "real" priests got the heal stuff!

Also loved seeing 3 and a bit of the raid dungeons released - out of 5. (and I was a lucky one!)

Not to mention the honour system! Only being able to reach the top ranks if you were unemployed or on school holidays :P

More OT: WoW has a lot of convoluted little story lines that come together to make the bigger picture, it's not just "LolArthus is Uber send in a Megapally to deal with him" this is a story that began playing out in Warcraft 3, and has taken what? 10 years to come together. some of the post cata quests really drag you into the storyline and I suggest reading through the quest text if you don't already.
    yeah blizzard was experimenting with new systems back in vanilla some which we terrible, like not being able to raid a city cause of DISHonorable kills. it was still by far the most fun.

Deleted
    While our absoltue Power increases, our relative Power does not. I woudn't say for example that old Nefarian was necessarily weaker than undead Nefarian. They are just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrunch View Post
    Realy? Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? I can think of many ways to distinguish classes...

Yes, wow is about the only thing that can kill itself, but it will take alot to do so...

lol think about it.

lets take for example, a mage and a hunter. two very different classes.

put em in a raid or group what do they offer

Hunter- dps, cc and they can now bloodlust

Mage - dps, cc, and they can now bloodlust

they just look different doing it

lawl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    I constantly am running into people who miss the original world of warcraft game. Not this mass appeal to the lowest common denominator soulless cash cow it has become.
    Oh sulfuric how I've missed thee. Always ready to jump on the "EVERYTHING SUCKS, VANILLA ROCKS" wagon. Vanilla was terribad compared to what we have now(raiding wise and balance wise, at least). I'm not going to claim that anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, because you're always going to look back at the first time you started doing something you enjoy and think how wonderful and magical it was back then.

On-topic: There hasn't been introduced any new main villains in WoW who weren't known already, so we're really just fighting to get stronger for the final battle.