Page 1 of 3
LastLast

where is the balance in dps?

This should not be considered as a whining warlock thread!

I feel that my DPS compared to other classes especially Mages and Balance Druids is too low.
    Over the last weeks where i was the best geared DPS class in my raid i did the most DMG.
    But every new week now i see that mages and balance druids with still multiple blue items doing the same or more dps than me.

Of course it depends on playstyle and the bosses. And i can swear you that i try to sqeeze every liitle drop of DPS out of the WL. But i can predict that when the mages and druids reach my iLevel they will leave me behind on DMG.
    Does any one feels this way too?

sry, for bad english
    Last edited by mastacy; 2011-04-06 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It so ironic that the most op dps spec in the game is named Balance. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do more damage than other DDers in my raid group, though I don't have as many 359 items as they do. Source of your problems is in yourself, not the class.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks have something other dps with maybe the exception of feral will never have.
    Challenge.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    http://stateofdps.com/

Basically with equal skill, gearlevel, luck with procs etc. etc. fire mages and balance druids will most probably outdps you. But in reality, it's mostly the one who makes the least amount of mistakes and knows best to get the most out of a fight (positioning, special effects, dotting up adds, etc) who will come on top.

Deleted
    Warlocks are more challenging yes, raidleaders shouldn't bring warlocks for that reason though.

"Warlock, your dps is quite low."
    "Yes, but it is challenging".

On the other side, I disagree our damage is too low. Sure other classes are higher, but been like that as long as I can remember.

Something that does saddens me is that the warlock is losing his awesomeness. Especially in bringing something to the raid we got shafted compared to other classes.

- Guild perk (21?) can summon everyone in the raid now.
    - One elemental shaman cancels out the best buff we bring (in a spec that isn't our highest dps spec atm), 10% spellpower. Some other classes bring 6%.
    - Once we're battleressed we have no soulshards, so we can't instant summon our pet (in anything other then demo), and are taking more damage due to not having soullink. Battleressing a mage is such a better option imo.

We are originally a debuffer, yet our +8% magic damage debuff is something we have to apply, yet all other classes that can provide the debuff get it for "free", just by using their attacks. Our -10% physical damage output debuff (Curse of Weakness) can be applied by all tanks and since you need tanks in raids you're not likely to be using that ability either. Leaves us with the Cast Speed debuff, Tongues, also available for other classes and more then often forgotten.

So, what good reason is to bring a warlock to your raid? Healthstones?

Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    So, what good reason is to bring a warlock to your raid? Healthstones?
    Don't forget Dark Intent to buff your local mage!

Deleted
    I ain't using my Dark Intent for a mage! I've gone through a whole expansion without Focus Magic, they can forget it.

Mine is going to a druid healer or spriest/boomkin.

Warlocks is one of the highest in our raids so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I usually do more damage than other DDers in my raid group, though I don't have as many 359 items as they do. Source of your problems is in yourself, not the class.
    Everything has two sides; you doing more damage then the rest of your raid group could also mean the rest of your raid group is not that great. But maybe you're right and your are super awesome, grats on that.

somehow the whiny emo attitudes of warlock players seems appropriate for a class that uses dark forbidden magic.

Maybe damage shouldn't be equal. Maybe everyone should have specialties. Like warlocks and other dot class could specialize in having their dots beat back boss regen, burst class could specialize in actually taking bosses health down, rogues could do damage and apply debuffs, class like frost mage and druid could be designed to manage trash spawns and help with control. Having only three jobs in a raid kind of lead to the homogenization we have today.

Equality is nice, but how much do you need? An unequal amount.

Deleted
    Simcrafts (Fire mage 359 and Ele shaman weren't available).

BiS 372

Warlock_Destruction_T11_372 : 28229dps
    Mage_Fire_T11_372 : 26457dps
    Hunter_MM_T11_372 : 31226dps
    Druid_Balance_T11_372 : 26631dps
    Priest_Shadow_T11_372 : 27940dps
    Shaman_Elemental_T11_372 : 27258dps

BiS 359

Warlock_Destruction_T11_359 : 24862dps
    Mage_Fire_T11_372 : n/a
    Mage_Arcane_T11_359 : 23930dps
    Hunter_MM_T11_359 : 28174dps
    Druid_Balance_T11_359 : 23476dps
    Priest_Shadow_T11_359 : 24386dps
    Shaman_Elemental_T11_359 : n/a

Deleted
    Imho, Warlocks have Very little to complain about atm. I will just embrace the buffs to Affliction and top the meters even more often.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    Simcrafts (Fire mage 359 and Ele shaman weren't available).

BiS 372

Warlock_Destruction_T11_372 : 28229dps
    Mage_Fire_T11_372 : 26457dps
    Hunter_MM_T11_372 : 31226dps
    Druid_Balance_T11_372 : 26631dps
    Priest_Shadow_T11_372 : 27940dps
    Shaman_Elemental_T11_372 : 27258dps

BiS 359

Warlock_Destruction_T11_359 : 24862dps
    Mage_Fire_T11_372 : n/a
    Mage_Arcane_T11_359 : 23930dps
    Hunter_MM_T11_359 : 28174dps
    Druid_Balance_T11_359 : 23476dps
    Priest_Shadow_T11_359 : 24386dps
    Shaman_Elemental_T11_359 : n/a
    And what is that supposed to prove?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    And what is that supposed to prove?
    Quote Originally Posted by mastacy View Post
    I feel that my DPS compared to other classes especially Mages and Balance Druids is too low.
    According to simcraft Warlocks (destro, haven't checked the others) are fine, dps wise.

Ever since Blizzard started "Bring the player not the class", you saw and will see less need for specific classes.

The issue i most face in a raid is we are very much a 0-60% damage class. Whereas most of the others are like 0-80% damage. I Loathe the MM hunter in my raid because he can just start going to town doing great damage immediately, and has all that trap utility. Even for movement intensive phases he just keeps going, its nuts.

Affliction has a double whammy that it takes time to stack SE up to get to cruise damage, any movement can screw up your stack, and your only doing crazy damage at < 25%.

Demo is incredibly tied to Metamorph to keep its damage up. And even that is difficult to time because you can get a lucky streak of procs and have back to back meta, and sometimes you get a dry spell and have to wait the full cooldown.

Destro just has a very active rotation but its the closest to those high, quick, instant damage specs in style.

wow i cant believe im reading this thread... maybe you should put more practice in your toon? or research the proper ways to reforge and stack your stats? my demo warlock is pulling down 22k in a 10m single target putting the 2 fire mages in our raid to shame. use every trick you have immo aura, infernal, shadowflame it all adds up to squeezing every dps you can out! my previous main was a feral dps and even in heroic gear i struggled to pull down 20k so just buck up and practice your ass off like that one guy said he who makes the least amount of mistakes will be the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    The issue i most face in a raid is we are very much a 0-60% damage class. Whereas most of the others are like 0-80% damage. I Loathe the MM hunter in my raid because he can just start going to town doing great damage immediately, and has all that trap utility. Even for movement intensive phases he just keeps going, its nuts.

Affliction has a double whammy that it takes time to stack SE up to get to cruise damage, any movement can screw up your stack, and your only doing crazy damage at < 25%.

Demo is incredibly tied to Metamorph to keep its damage up. And even that is difficult to time because you can get a lucky streak of procs and have back to back meta, and sometimes you get a dry spell and have to wait the full cooldown.

Destro just has a very active rotation but its the closest to those high, quick, instant damage specs in style.
    Seriously? You're upset that a class is working as it should? Warlock is fine. Do you want a button for all dps classes that just says "Do dmg" and you just spam that over and over? so every class does the exact same thing. Would that please you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Seriously? You're upset that a class is working as it should? Warlock is fine. Do you want a button for all dps classes that just says "Do dmg" and you just spam that over and over? so every class does the exact same thing. Would that please you?
    This x Infinity!!! Sure, we suck big time the initial seconds, but come on.. Once you have 3xSE, your doing "100%" dmg. And that is what.. 7GCD's? That's outrageous!! Or not, w/e.. But we are a class that are MEANT(!!!) to do alot of dmg in the exe phase, and wth is wrong with that?

And as he said, Warlocks are fine! I would not be all that shocked if we were to see a nerf to Affli post 4.1 tbh..

warlock is fine, the only rework it need is longer improved soulfire buff and less relient on being in melee range for shadowflame

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock DPS is fine, the only thing that we can change is the fact that Chaos Bolt hits like a bitch. It almost hits as hard as an incinerate.