Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    TY for the vid clip and that is interesting....it could have something to do with the encounter and/or latency issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Cho'gall heroic 'dies' at 1% so that he can run over and smash the entry to Sinestra with his death animation.
    there you have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Saurfang in ICC died around 1-2% too. I don't really know why, but some bosses just "die" when they are extremely low on health. Other bosses fight to the very last HP (like my wipe on KT in Naxx 25 with <100 hp).

It's just bad programming.

It's rather comical how bad some of the timing on some bosses are.

I'd bet in the mess of coding that some bosses have less HP then are noted in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    It's just bad programming.

It's rather comical how bad some of the timing on some bosses are.

I'd bet in the mess of coding that some bosses have less HP then are noted in game.
    Programming? As far as I'm aware, you don't 'code' a database entry.

It could be related to the fact that my WoW Tooltip (when I scroll over a creature) will say for example >91% then on my OuF Bars, it'll say >92% and obviously some bosses are 'coded' to die at a certain number, for example Saurfang, Heroic Cho'gall, etc.

Iv wiped on boss's that have under 100hp, now that will tick people off

server lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    links to said vids?

also see: DoTs

in a 25m with 17 (give or take a few depending on the encounter) dpsers a lot of which probably have at least one form of a DoT up 500k hp can go POOF! in an instance, especialy with crits.
    This is actually the reason because if you've had one of those 0.3% wipes with like 50k left on the boss it clarifies this

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know yogg did this, maybe to prevent some form of bug? who knows

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I remember Saurfang in ICC died around 1-2% too. I don't really know why, but some bosses just "die" when they are extremely low on health. Other bosses fight to the very last HP (like my wipe on KT in Naxx 25 with <100 hp).
    Because he needs to mumble to his father than the LK's grasp got released. If would die at 0% he couldn't mumble it.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

It's usually related to bosses requiring some special script as part of their death sequence, rather than a simple case of them being able to drop dead when they reach 0 health. Best example in this expansion is Cho'gall. On normal mode, he'll drop dead when he hits 0 health; no sooner. On heroic mode he needs to fire off a script that opens the way to Sinestra, and because of that he 'dies' before reaching 0 health.

Magmaw also has this since he actually consists of two separate entities which just happen to share a health bar.

Saurfang had this due to him not actually "dying" internally, instead he becomes uninteractable and plays a death animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I click on your youtube link, and clicking around I suddenly started watching the last episode of that 70's show. thank you
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

Who says they die ! It was merely a set back... when we leave they get up and start planning revenge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Deathbringer Saurfang also died at like 2-5% everytime. Don't remember if its a encounter mechanic for that boss. Never paid attention :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Clients a bit behind on the damage, especially when there is a burst of damage it takes a sec for it to register it properly. I am not sure why on the Sinestra film I saw it kind of died at 1% and half raid dead so couldn't have been burst of damage, but perhaps she is coded to die at 1% since she doesn't die but rather like kil'jaeden, retreat into the portal thingy.
    Tbh I checked Chogal and other bosses, they usually die at 0% but Sinestra "dies" on 1% because she just looses, not dies like most other bosses.
    A bit OT, but your sig remind me of my first UI after i got addons lol Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya iv noticed this too. on several bosses when they have like a couple k of health but then drop dead. i thought its from all the damage they're taking all at once n at some point all the damage the raid is doing equates to how much the health he has AKA insta death but server lag makes sense too.

Magmaw dies with 500k every time. He's just a big faker.

I don't know why but some bosses are designed to die if they reach 1~2% health.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason i always enjoyed bosses which don't "die" more than those that do, for some reason.

4-keepers, Algalon etc.

I don't use percentages as my primary form of reading boss HP. I use absolute numbers with Pitbull unit frames, and except for scripted encounters to stop at a certain percentage (LK, Conclave of Winds, etc), all boss health appears to drop normally all the way to 0 HP. Obviously it can jump depending on raid DPS and burst cooldowns, but the health progression from about 5% to 0% always appears normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Most bosses die at 0%, some bosses like Magmaw makes no sense, however cho'gall heroic dies on an RP that starts on around 3 point something million.
    Magmaw actually *does* make sense (at least on normal), especially if he dies shortly after or during a vulnerability phase. Dots are still rolling on the non-visible part of Magmaw (either head or body depending on which phase you're in), and potentially bane of havoc if you've got destro locks, so I'd expect his health to be very capable of jumping in large increments depending on the timing.