10+ Year Old Account

What is the best UI for Resto Shamans?

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask what is the best UI that is out there for Resto Shamans, any addons that you guys use? Please post names so I can look at them or screenshots.

Thank you!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nagrand, Attending the proper ceremony of Dranosh Saurfang
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/17...haman-updated/

go down to chapter 7 and click the download link
    You might want to download VuhDo or Grid since that UI is slightly more pvp orientated

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Healbot. Its pretty simple, very customizable, and easy to use. Only major glitch ive found so far is that if you enter combat very quickly after spec switching without reloading Healbot, it will use your other specs binds, but if you give it a minute it will auto switch. Ive not done a lot of looking around though. I use Totem Timers to let me know when my totems are down, when their cooldowns are up, etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    LUI for my UI, It comes with the basic raid addons like Grid, Recount, Omen, and Forte Xcorcist. I like it because it is a very clean UI, and it looks sharp too.

Google it you wont be dissapointed.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whicever UI suits you and your playstyle is the best UI.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing with LUI, its super easy to install. All you do is replace your interface folder with LUI's, open wow and load your charicter, when you get in the game a big INSTALL button will apear and you click it, it reloads, and bam, everything you need for raiding is there and ready to go, all organized and everything.

Heres a link to wowinterface, and it has screens for you to see.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...130-LUIv3.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's a general Resto Shaman UI that's good for everyone. UI's are supposed to match your personal play style and preferences. What information do you need to know at any given point? You figure that out and make your UI reflect on it.

As a Resto Shaman, I personally use:
    -ForteXorcist
    - Grid
    -Clique
    -Bartender
    -Deadly Boss Mods
    -TidyPlates
    -TotemTimer
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    LUI for my UI, It comes with the basic raid addons like Grid, Recount, Omen, and Forte Xcorcist. I like it because it is a very clean UI, and it looks sharp too.

Google it you wont be dissapointed.
    I've used many different UIs over the years but I have to say LUI is by far my favorite. Its super easy to use and customize. Everything is precise and it comes fully loaded with all kinds of helpful goodies. DOWNLOAD!!

Deleted
    I'm using ElvUI..... But it's still missing some minor settings i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    Whicever UI suits you and your playstyle is the best UI.
    this. Anyone who says you have to use "X" UI is just speaking their opinion. Make your own and make it perfect for you.

Deleted
    I've outperformed almost every restoration shaman I've ever met with the standard UI. The only thing I find really useful is ShieldsUp, one less thing to focus on while I make sure those heals get to where they need to be.

So whatever you work well with is "the best UI" for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, a customized UI is what works best. Anyhow, my list of addons:

- Power Auras Classic (could not live without -probably the most importaint one I have)
    - Cooldowntogo
    - DBM
    - Shadowed Unitframes + Omnicc + Bartender/Dominos
    - Doom_Cooldownpulse
    - Grid + GridStatusRaidDebuff + GridStatusRaidIcons + GridStatusSinestra
    - MSBT
    - Quartz
    - RSA
    - Skada
    - SnowfallKeyPress (won't be needed in 4.1)
    - Tidyplates
    - TipTac

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=10804

Everything you need as a resto shaman for PVP and PVE. Already set up, no need to download anything else.

Trust me you won't be disappointed

I use a very basic UI, basically sticking to default UI, grid, and Quartz. Some of the outside modifcations to UI's really just clutter your screen. The big thing is to have a well centered UI that is mostly around your grid.

Later,
    Welfare

I have only two addons that are directly related to healing on my shaman: healbot (you could also use Grid or another frame-based-clicky-thing) and POWER AURAS.

Power Auras is in my opinion, awesome. It needs customization (which is why not a lot of people use it) but it's not too hard to learn and once you have the auras you need, it's a very very powerful tool. At a glance, I know:

if Tyrande's Favorite Doll is fully powered up;
    if Mana Tide Totem if off cooldown;
    if Riptide, Unleash Elements, Spiritwalker's Grace, Gift of the Naaru and Nature's Swiftness are off cooldown or how long until they are;
    how long do I have on the Spiritwalker's Grace buff while active;
    if my target has a buff I can Purge;
    in raid environment, which totem buffs are already provided by other raid members;
    in raid environment, if I have a flask active;

It could also show if you have Water Shield up and Earthliving Weapon on, but my Healbot is already configured to show it so I don't need PowerAuras for it.

You can also install PowerAuras and import someone else's already-made auras. It won't let me post mine, but there are lots already on the net.