Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Compared to the "old days", we actually have range now with our spells. VT is one of our best spells and its a cast time versus instant. If he's running into position with a DP + SWP and pulling, then the situation needs reviewing. either the tank isn't using taunts and just body pulling, or the sp is running too far ahead prior to any tank touching it.

While our tanks enjoy the aggro challenge, there is a point where the team needs to work together (esp on progression fights). I just fade if I get too close and keeping dpsing. Typically gives the tank enough time to gain more lead.
    Bold part is the only situation where he might pull, and that can generally be sorted with a pre fade, personally i am more of the opinion this is a slack tank who is more suited to heroics than raids. Raiding it all counts, and on single target a spriest pulling is more shame on the tank than the priest in my view. Sure the priest can help, but it's very easy for the tank to deal with and if his not and your coming to a forum to complain about it, there is a larger issue with your raids than over eager dps wanting to get all they can out.

Only bad tanks have threat issue's.

I'm a bit irked by all the posts of "if he pulls he's bad" "fail spriest" "use fade" ect ect. Why does everyone assume the spriest is bad? You aren't there, we haven't seen logs, it is possible the tank just flat out sucks, auto-swings and doesn't know how to use his abilities, maybe just hits whatever button isn't on CD. When we pull on raids the tank does a 5 second count down, at 3 I pre-pot, at 2 I start casting VT - DP - SW:P. DP literally hits the boss as the tanks shield. I never fade, I pop fiend within a few seconds after every int proc is up and can hit 27k burst. I never pull. Sooo.... why are we assuming it's the spriest?

Check recount if the first few spells he casts are mind spike followed by mind blast then you can tell him to stop being bad, otherwise don't assume just because someone plays a tank they're doing it right. Maybe the other dps aren't pulling because they're also bad.. (and you're all in denial) But even then....if the tank is getting MD'ed I just can't see it as the spriests fault...the hunter alone should be able to pump enough threat into the tank.

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 07:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    The Spriest is really bad and doesn't know how to start his rotation.
    Says who? Do you know their rotation? Shoo.. shoo you evil little upsetting creature that makes me foam at the mouth!

I have a shadow priest as a main and it seems like I generate a shit ton of threat in general, but even then I normally never get more threat than the tank, no matter how hard I try so I'm thinking that in this case its probably the tanks fault. I've even tried where I pulled the boss first and the tank picked up the boss (not even in position by then) without me using fade, oh and no I didn't ninjapull, it was a test on our tanks to see if they can pick up if accidents should happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Many shadow priests are already casting their vampiric touch when the mob is barely pulled *cough* I know I do that when I play my shadow priest, but at least I'm suitably ashamed of myself!

Seriously though, many of the shadows that I know do the same. And when they've pulled aggro, they say "but it was just dots!" Well, it's dots that do a hell of a lot of damage, and tanks aren't just snapping their fingers for aggro anymore like they used to. Tanks need to get hit in order to produce decent threat, so if he doesn't get hit, there may be trouble. So... a tiny bit of patience at the pull and you can go berserk after a few moments without imminent danger of pulling aggro.

Because the priest is an idiot
    and the tank is a newb.

Your priest is a moron that is too busy keyboard turning to click fade?
    Seriously though, all trolling aside; fade and then go balls out, by the time fade drops the tank will have such a big threat lead that it isn't even possible to pull threat.

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solfire View Post
    I'm a bit irked by all the posts of "if he pulls he's bad" "fail spriest" "use fade" ect ect. Why does everyone assume the spriest is bad? You aren't there, we haven't seen logs, it is possible the tank just flat out sucks, auto-swings and doesn't know how to use his abilities, maybe just hits whatever button isn't on CD. When we pull on raids the tank does a 5 second count down, at 3 I pre-pot, at 2 I start casting VT - DP - SW:P. DP literally hits the boss as the tanks shield. I never fade, I pop fiend within a few seconds after every int proc is up and can hit 27k burst. I never pull. Sooo.... why are we assuming it's the spriest?

Check recount if the first few spells he casts are mind spike followed by mind blast then you can tell him to stop being bad, otherwise don't assume just because someone plays a tank they're doing it right. Maybe the other dps aren't pulling because they're also bad.. (and you're all in denial) But even then....if the tank is getting MD'ed I just can't see it as the spriests fault...the hunter alone should be able to pump enough threat into the tank.

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 07:14 AM ----------

Says who? Do you know their rotation? Shoo.. shoo you evil little upsetting creature that makes me foam at the mouth!
    Good for you, you can do your rotation without needing to use our 100% threat reduction, and you don't pull aggro. This guy obviously can't, it doesn't matter if the tank sucks or not, it IS the priest's fault for not fading.

The DPS is responsible for watching their threat on the pull, especially a class with a near 100% uptime 100% reduction spell.

The priest is bad.

Tell him he can get better overall numbers with a different rotation that doesn't involve blowing MB as soon as the pull starts.

And as a few people had said, even if the tank sucks, the rest of the dps are not pulling, so the priest should just watch his threat better.
    Last edited by Rocap; 2011-04-08 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocap View Post
    Tell him he can get better overall numbers with a different rotation that doesn't involve blowing MB as soon as the pull starts.

And as a few people had said, even if the tank sucks, the rest of the dps are not pulling, so the priest should just watch his threat better.
    Sorry, NO. If the priest is opening wrong then fix him. If the tank sucks and the Spriest is opening with regular rotation(No real threat until about 3 seconds after he starts casting) then the tank needs to learn how to pull and all the other dps need to stop enabling the tank by wasting the first 5 seconds of dps time. You don't have 19 dps all lower their dps to accommodate one bad tank who could easily look up the proper opening rotation. Fix the problem, don't ask all your dps to do less damage to enable it.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

If the tank is range pulling and trying to position the mob in a specific location, the dps should wait until the tank is getting hit. Once the mob is hitting the tank, and the tank is hitting back, there should be no threat issues.

Like was said above, if it's just 1 person constantly pulling, make him stop or replace him. If the tank just sucks at threat, make him stop or replace him.

Deleted
    Tell him to wait a few seconds or sit out the next raid lol, we have an issue with this as people see the hunters shooting to the top because of MD, but at least our other dps are aware and iceblock, fade, vanish etc
    Really get sick of other classes not understanding that they can't nuke full out without consequences

Deleted
    Tell him to read this topic. There's literally about 10 different things he could do to not cause a problem which has resulted in you having to post it up on mmo