Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    - New secondary profession: Pedagogy
    (Teach lower skilled/level players new recipes/spells inside your own class/profession and randomly learn new things by reading books spread all over the game!)
    At first I thought it would be a proffesion just like real life, to teach people how to play the game. With uber guilds acting as teachers and epeens (or degrees in normal eduation) would measure who would be the top professor.

OT: revamp yes, phasing no. I'm sick of phasing and the "forced" linear way of doing content.
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

10+ Year Old Account
    The Land of Transvestite Robot Skeletons AKA Wales.

Feel free to give the new zones a name, purpose and environment
    Top zone: Heartgrinder Reaches. Home of the last remaining Gronn and Ogre forces on Dreanor, the Heartgrinder Clan holds this land in an iron grip, led by a Gronn-Dragon halfbreed (Created by Deathwing's forces during Cata) Grok'thar the Bone Eater, who has only recently fled to the healing world after he learned of his bloodline's near-extinction. The reaches formed when Cenarius, Malfurion and members of the Earthen Ring and Cenarian Circle pulled the colossal mountains from the Devouring Sea. A great breach in the region's highest mountain, Skyrender Peak open's into the dark void of the Creeping Depths, a blight filled chasm that teems with scores of hate-filled, pitiless creatures. Heartgrinder's, naturally, fear the Creeping Depths and avoid it at all costs but lately Ogres have been seen returning from the depths, rotting and crazed, they slaughter their brethren, it seems the Clan's troubles extend further than the armies of the Horde and Alliance driving them to death.

Just a few random ideas that popped into my head there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I will give you twice the rice and half the beatings!
    Set a course for intercourse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I want nothing more to do with Outland, Northrend, and as much as I love the new revamp of Azeroth, I want to go somewhere brand new.
    So you're saying you never want to level another character past 60? Revamping stuff updates old regions so they're easier and more interesting to go through. That's the point - it's meant to help take care of the problem of people not wanting to go back there. A lot of people start new characters but stop playing when they reach the old expansion content because it's dated and hard to get through - this thread is for ideas on how to alleviate this problem.

And if you'd like to see some place totally new, put some ideas here - there's 4 other Dark Portals in Outlands besides the main one that takes us to Azeroth. Think up some new worlds and have the portals lead there.

Ocean in Outlands? you just lost me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    Ocean in Outlands? you just lost me.
    Outlands was originally a planet. so it was just put back to planet form.. something like that.

should have Archmage Khadgar, Captain Alleria Windrunner, Danath Trollbane, Kurdran Wildhammer, and general Turalyon have something to do with this Idea, since.. well... they went to Draenor and were never seen again.
    Last edited by Nyfaria; 2011-04-07 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5886/newdraenor.jpg
    Feel free to give the new zones a name, purpose and environment
    The small Island above Netherstorm could be a demon overrun place and works like a staging point for the Burning Legions new invasion of this restored planet. The chaotic demons have named the place the Island of the Fallen in honor of the legions creator Sargeras. The whole island is heavily fortified with fel cannons, infernal war machines, fel reavers, fel stalkers, deadly Man'ari towers watching all over the island, a giant fortress in the middle and other demonic forces coming in from the portals every minute. Also a rumor have spread telling about a demon lord with nearly the same rank as Kil'jaeden himself leading this place. These rumors have found it's way back to Azeroth and Prophet Velen have had another vision strengthening his theory on who it might be.

A little outside the island the Alliance and the Horde have found out that they do not have enough firepower to get through the heavy defenses. Instead they have decided that it is best to use what little of a naval force they have as a main base to keep an eye on this place, until they can find a way to break through.

In the meantime as the Horde and Alliance tries to find a way past the defense another organization have come forth to help bring this invasion point to an end. With the combined forces of Argent Dawn veterans, Akama's Deathsworn and a temporarily allegiance with a neutral Ogre clan named Bloodstorm which have been driven out into whats left of the nature on this damned island. These forces have combined and with luck managed to set up a small base deep in the last parts of the forest. There this new organization fights a guerrilla battle, trying to bring down the outer blockade of cannons to bring in reinforcement.

The Bloodstorm ogre clan is a group of violent individuals who often fight among themselves and there have rarely been any long lasting leader or warchief leading them. When the demons sat up a base on this island under the leadership of an wrathful commander the ogres believe to be some sort of a war god, the whole island gathered together to fight back. The ogres fought all they could, but this demon lord proved to have more strategy and preparations made for this primitive island to handle. The ogres saw no other choice in to ally with the first people who asked them. Shameful to realize that they have to ally with "Weaker" races, the ogres do all they can to show everyone that they are the supreme warriors. Currently the Bloodstorm stands without any leader and have agreed to let the Deathsworn commander Sanoru guide them until the demons are defeated. Even if they wont admit it they have started to develop a lot of respect for him.

In the middle of this island the Burning Legions main fortress is placed. Inside the supposed demon lord who are somewhat at the same power scale as Kil'jaeden sits. Outside the giant fortress a statue of Sargeras stands where the demon lord inspects his troops and from a long distance Ashtongue Deathsworn spies have seen that he is indeed a man'ari eredar. Still the rest of his identity is a mystery and if he is really up near Kil'jaedens power rank, then there is little hope of defeating him with only soldiers.

Ok i think that's what i can come up with for now and i hope it fits somewhat to how you plan to have the Burning Legion involved. The Fortress in the middle could be a possible raid instance or dungeon or maybe both.

I never saw much of BC so id love this to happen. Outland always had a certain mystic about it.

Deleted
    We need a way to explain why and how new creatures and cultures have spawned in the new zones. Could it be Med'an or some Dragonflight messig with the time and evolution, maybe?

@Orvanoc
    You know what, that would be an awesome idea if we added... WINTER! What if that zone is a snowy and icy version of Blade Edge's Mountains with a stone beach and some new alien twists. Then the ogres could be fluffy and a bit different architecture. I will keep the name you gave though!

@trulte
    Won't the island be too small for such confrontation? Maybe the ogres flee to "Netherstorm" and chill out at the coast there Saurfang or someone else is sending support. Akama is currently in Shadowmoon Valley as the new lord of the rebuilt Temple of Karabor, so he can't go somewhere. And there are a lot more threats coming from the south. This will be a "battle against time" war that cannot be won by strenght of men or weapons. I'll add your idea anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a way to explain why and how new creatures and cultures have spawned in the new zones. Could it be Med'an or some Dragonflight messig with the time and evolution, maybe?

@trulte
    Won't the island be too small for such confrontation? Maybe the ogres flee to "Netherstorm" and chill out at the coast there Saurfang or someone else is sending support. Akama is currently in Shadowmoon Valley as the new lord of the rebuilt Temple of Karabor, so he can't go somewhere. And there are a lot more threats coming from the south. This will be a "battle against time" war that cannot be won by strenght of men or weapons. I'll add your idea anyway
    The whole island is small yes, but the ogres are not many and the forest is just a little of the western part. Akama is not directly in the operation himself only a few of his deathsworn along with a few argent veterans. This island is a base of operation for the Burning Legion and the ogres are stubborn and wont leave their homeland. I would draw in paint on how i think it could work, but that wont come out good :/

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I thought "Ehh.. I'd rather go back in time to see Draenor in it's full glory", but then I thought "Well, I guess having it 'rebuilt' wouldn't be so bad..", and then, I started reading and saw "Med'an", and decided I don't like this idea anymore.

I would honestly prefer "The Cenarion Circle waved their glowing green Druidic hands and suddenly, Draenor was rebuilt!" than anything involving Med'an.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    Then the next XPac after that would be decataclysm of azeroth and the world gets put back together and the oceans go back to normal, then the xpac after that would be outlands blowing up again, then the xpac after that would be azerother blowing up again and the oceans going all crazy, then the xpac after that would be draenor being put back together,......n.
    You do know that Blizz is always 2 exp's ahead? meaning, when a new exp comes out, they already know what the themes for the next two are.

Deleted
    the zone over BEM it has spikes !

the beautiful zone west of zangamarsh avatar style since its just besides the mushroom glowing land

west of nagrand. a plane strand + highland with small chilly rivers and hills

a pacific forest zone of hollow trees inavitated by bird races that gives a feelin of grizzly hills. its south of terokkar

jungle south of shadowmoon valley. kinda dark and thick wilderness with poisonous and carnivorous plants/trees and strange looking beasts

the islands east of hellfire peninsula. this place was the old lair of deathwing. should be a wierd zone with unstable climate, rainin in a zone/island, lava, snow, storms, desert in others. to farm elementals!
    Last edited by mmocb5555a9189; 2011-04-08 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    @trulte
    But we need some content in the new Netherstorm now that Kael'thas is gone (or is he?). The island is too small for anything else than a raid/dungeon. I still have taken your conception, nonetheless. Give me some help with the new plot in the revamped areas now!

@Procadin
    You are like my right hand now, my dear smurf. I'll adopt all those landscapes but the one with the hollow trees and i'll swap its place with the jungle one. The zone bellow Shadowmoon Valley will be a dark desert of evil... Naaru voids! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    @trulte
    But we need some content in the new Netherstorm now that Kael'thas is gone (or is he?). The island is too small for anything else than a raid/dungeon. I still have taken your conception, nonetheless. Give me some help with the new plot in the revamped areas now!
    Well the intensional idea is for the place to hold a raid/dungeon in the middle of the island. The little group on the island will not handle out many quests, only at little to lead up to the attack on the fortress and break the defense on one side. It could be more like the Isle of Quel'danas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something about "Rebuild" of Draenor sounds really awkward.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    @trulte
    Hm. I'll give it a thought and try to please us both

@Migari
    But but but but he's going to die inside the inner core of the planet. Leave him alone already! Did I mention that the portals from which the Burning Legion are invading Draenor are rumored to be connected with Argus?

@Arganis
    This is an open concept, darling. If you can come up with a better name or theme to the thread then I'll change it and make you happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Zangarmarsh is rotting as the waters are getting corrupted by the presence of an Old God.
    This would be hard to do for an old god, due to the fact that they are imprisoned in Azeroth. Not Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    I really doubt they'll allow us to go to draenor.. probably a waste land there anyway D= lol
    Draenor = Outland before it was a wasteland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    Then the next XPac after that would be decataclysm of azeroth and the world gets put back together and the oceans go back to normal, then the xpac after that would be outlands blowing up again, then the xpac after that would be azerother blowing up again and the oceans going all crazy, then the xpac after that would be draenor being put back together,......n.
    and the xpac after that there will be americans invading the eastern kingdoms. new vendors include:

Macmacdonals (dorf fast food)
    burger king varian etc.

yeah... got lazy

Deleted
    nice concept.
    I really wish for an outland revamp, I would love to see nagrand again in all its beauty and glory! (not that its gone tho, I spent my time there whilst queuing.)